CS-closed McLaren Shadow rFactor 2 Qualifier

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@datboi It's probably also not very accurate, unless it's the tyres giving the overly high grip. But I don't think it matters either way - if they stipulate it's to stay private, that's how it is. Not up to S397 to justify it.

2. Joe.Mc

Joe.Mc Registered

can anyone help a noob out and share their setup with me? ive been running default with soft tyres and cant get into 1.32s and I don't know if im at the limit or its the lack of setup any help appreciated

3. AlexJTownsend

AlexJTownsend Registered

Need to use soft tyres
    Less fuel
    Quali engine map
    Lower suspension
    Decrease downforce in small amounts until you have a good balance between top speed and handling on corners

That's the basics to get faster but constant lapping and learning is the main thing. Just like IRL bums in seats time is the best way to improve

Seven Smiles, Alex72 and bwana like this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Do you mean you still have half a tank of fuel? Or soft tyres aren't quite the only change?

Rudy van Buren posted a stream and someone commented in there that he beat their time on a default setup - which I took to mean he got under 1:31 - but 'default setup' tends to not mean default fuel, and I didn't study the stream to work out what he did it with.

Current fastest times are 1:29.4, I would hazard a guess the default setup (but low fuel, soft tyres, qual engine - so basic "I'm going for a fast lap" changes) will get under 1:31. I'm mid 32 with that and lowest tyre pressures, I'm not that fast and out of practice, usually I'm 1.5 - 2 seconds behind fast guys.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Really? Me Too! well.... by the 3rd or 4th corner.....

6. Stratoliner

Stratoliner Registered

hi there,

how can I get traktion control, ABS and auto shifting?
    None of this setings are available in the car setup---

Thanks for help

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Stratoliner There's no ABS.

Auto shifting is switched on or off (up- and down-shifts) below the gear ratios. TC is over in the Advanced setup page, down the bottom ("Traction Control Map")

8. Stratoliner

Stratoliner Registered

There is no such a menu, there is no autoswiching menu, there is no qualifing engine mode and these is noch traktion Control.
    Autoswiching ist working on track, but no menu and it is not possible to switch it of.

Can anybody help?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  9. Filip

Filip Registered

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Seven Smiles likes this.
  11. Bernd

Bernd Registered

auto.jpg tract.jpg

bwana likes this.
  12. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I've seen that problem because the User Interface from F1 1988 had been selected.

13. Stratoliner

Stratoliner Registered

that´s it!
    Thank you very much.

14. Joe.Mc

Joe.Mc Registered

no I took fuel out soft tyres and quali engine mode and that's literally it, im on a 32.7 now but that is almost the limit for me on this so I don't know if a setup is really that much faster or if im just 3 seconds slower than the fastest guys, but if anyone wants to tell me their setup id be very greatful im mainly just wanna see how much of a difference they make

15. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

My lap attempt. I've maybe done 100 laps, maybe a few more. This is everything I had. At the time of writing I'd broken the top 100 and I was happy with that.

Brilliant combo, brilliant competition.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-rfactor-2-qualifier.61206/page-3#post-961202

I'd nearly guarantee you some people using the same setup as you are dipping into the 1:30.x range, but they're very good. A setup might be worth 1-1.5s from default (again, after basic hotlapping changes). The guys doing 29s are definitely using setup tuning to help them get there, but it's not worth 3 seconds. So all things being equal I'd say you're between 1.5 and 2 seconds off the pace. But again, that's very good pace - the people doing those times aren't beginners, and even hundreds of hours of practice wouldn't necessarily get you there.

I think it's also important to remember the last probably 3-4 tenths of setup tuning are very driver specific. There's never one perfect setup that provides everyone with their best laptime. As for slower drivers like us, the really fast setups tend to be too difficult to drive to do a whole lap on the edge.

bwana likes this.
  17. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Mod could not be installed

Mod download failed.​

18. GiulioS

GiulioS Registered

Hi there, can I ask some tips about this competition? I've managed to do a mid 1'30'', how can I improve more?
    I've modified the aero (using R2 rear wing), tyres pressure, caster, camber, toe, ARB, ride height, brake bias and brake pressure.
    Here it is my hotlap video

I really appreciate if you can give me a hand. Honestly, I feel I'm a bit on the edge with the setup I've used to do the laptime of my video... How is it possible to break the 1'30'' wall?? o_O

19. Kevin Ryan

Kevin Ryan Registered

Good lap! I would say you're not using all the track in some places. Particularly abbey chicane and woodcote. Also, you might be going too deep into the first part of the abbey chicane. It's more important to get a good run out of the second part. Through Becketts you need to carry a bit more speed through the left, maybe keep it in 5th for longer.

Btw, can you share your setup? Car looks good!

20. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

ive placed this in my player/settings/silvergt folder but it dont show up in the garage,pls could you let me know what im doing wrong

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.