CS-closed McLaren Shadow rFactor 2 Qualifier

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjcook

jjcook Registered

no ...seriously , the splash screen hangs for 3 minutes , competition or not . i found the pop up ok - it hangs after that on the rf2 splash screen , after the 'synchronizing with the workshop' box ,

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@jjcook How long does it hang and do you break it off?
    It was the same here, but after a while, some updates have been installed and the things moved on.
    So maybe you just have to be more patient.

3. bwana

bwana Registered

DRS that slipped through for the early time setters has been rectified. I will be happy to break into a 31. but that last 8 tenths is going to be the end of me." Just one more lap. ok just one more. yes dear I will be there soon, just one more lap" ;/

Alex72, Emery and Ho3n3r like this.
  4. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I will be happy to break into a 39 :(

5. AlexJTownsend

AlexJTownsend Registered

I've tried both of these and still getting the MOD error messages

6. Dan1

Dan1 Registered

7. jjcook

jjcook Registered

no its been that way for many months , no breaking off - if you click the splash screen while its loading it will crash the sim altogether
    not sure if its due to workshop content somehow or the location of my files perhaps - but i would like to know what the sim is trying to do when the splash screen is on - maybe that would help identify the hold -i dont think its a system issue , the tracks load very quickly once i get to the race screen where you pick a car everything is fast

8. spaldinio

spaldinio Registered

What have I missed? I've registered on the qualifier site and selected the event, but I don't get to the join button only "Session starting up, please wait a moment until joining is enabled..."

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry, I thought your posting here meant it was only happening when joining this competition. My steam prompt half popped up in the background and looked a bit like a failed splash screen, so it sounded like the same thing.

This is the same track we've had for.... 18 months? Not sure where the update was announced now. I think it's not encrypted, if I'm remembering the right track I opened up to check for any new parameters...

ceecee likes this.
  10. jjcook

jjcook Registered

no worries , i brought it up here because there is a 3 minute time limit to joining the session , otherwise ive been just going for a coffee while it loads ; putting up with it , not knowing why or how to fix it...i got in under 3 minutes once and posted a time at least

11. sharjeelr

sharjeelr Registered

"rfactor 2 is attempting to launch with optional parameters shown below..."
    I click OK.
    "Auto-subscribing ..synchronising with steam workshop ..." pop up, and then again..
    "rfactor 2 is attempting to launch with optional parameters shown below..."
    Click OK again..and the loop goes on and on...

Am I supposed to be doing this until the universe ends in heat death?

12. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Let’s hope that when these races are broadcast, no glitches happen when people leave the race, had a league race ruined tonight because of that, and it won’t look good to people who watch

13. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I thought that it happens only when you try to join this competition.
    Just to try it out if it helps, open steam but don't start rfactor 2 from steam.
    Go to the steam installation into the folder '..\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Launcher'
    Rightclick on the 'Launch rFactor.exe' and select 'run as administrator'.
    If you have the autoupdate activated, you should get the latest updates when the game synchronises with the workshop. And that should last a few minutes only.

14. AlexJTownsend

AlexJTownsend Registered

15. Supa

Supa Registered

Was joining ok last night but as soon as I got on server I got booted! Will try again tonight. Sooo problems are still present

16. Supa

Supa Registered

"Just tried again with different cars and get this just after I join the Server before i have a chance to even start setup........."You have been booted or timed out or not allowed".

17. Dan1

Dan1 Registered

Install it through the rfactor 2 launcher, then try to join the server again.

18. Paul Stante

Paul Stante Registered

Perhaps a dumb question.......
    how can I join the server and have simcommander/Simvibe running.
    I always start rf2 via simcommander so my shakers work.
    When joining session through the competition page this obviously bypasses simcommander.

19. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Run simcommander and have it start a shortcut to the competition page. Use sc4 to open the competition page.

20. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

You know what would have been good for this?
    If the interested party could have downloaded separately the crap rubbish Shadow liveries (teams) so the rest of the world that couldn't give a toss wouldn't have them thrust upon them!
    If you want the cars but aren't interested in the rubbish generic crap for each car it's too bad! your stuck with them. Delete and Steam re-installs them. I hate with a vengeance lazy crap liveries that just copy over and over with color changes.
    The GTE cars are bad enough with the same sponsored liveries over all cars but these Shadow cars are painful.
    Lucky I'm not a open wheel fan and can just un-subscribe them all.
    Feel sorry for the rest of you!

GroupC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.