The Fanatec CSL Elite Thread: please hear us!

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Karei, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Hi
    I use CSL Elite + Mclaren GT3 wheel
    I have been suffering until now with real poor FFB details aswell, but think I have solved it now.
    My settings:
    SENSIT Auto
    F.FEEDB. 100
    SHOCK.VIB irrelevant
    BR ABS off
    DRIFT M. 3-5! This was the main thing for me. It seems to reduce weight and dampening on the wheel.
    Force 0-100 whatever you prefer, its basically same as F.FEEDB. I use 60
    SPRING 0
    DAMPER 0
    F.EFF.INT 100. This is also very important to get detailed FFB. Unless if the track is rattling you to pieces, do not lower it. Maybe after a big flatspot and if you cant pit, you can lower this in the race :p

Ingame
    Smoothening 0
    FFB 1.0
    Minimum torque 0

marmagas likes this.
  2. marmagas

marmagas Registered

3. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

Hi, Sorry for going a bit off topic but I was looking at maybe getting this wheel but it seems it may not be the best for rF2. Is rattling still a thing on this wheel? I'm leaning toward a TM TX-XW as noise level is a bit of a thing for me and it seems people have found that quiet.

4. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

I think on any wheel with filtering turned off, in rF2 you will be rattling very hard over curbs and bumps on the road, is the case with this wheel aswell. You can turn the levels down from both the wheel on the fly and ingame in smoothening that with 50% smoothening still to go, you can have 100% smooth and quiet FFB driving over any curb and bump, with tyres flatspotted to cubes.

Another matter with the CSL Elite wheelbase is that the base fan is as loud as any PC fan on full load - extremely loud, even disturbing for anyone in the room who is not with headphones. So consider that.

Mister Bronze likes this.
  5. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

Thanks for that info. I went for the TS-XW in the end. Delivered today and sitting in a box next to me. Nearly finished work...

6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Bah why so bad news about noise.........

7. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Registered

If anyone is interested, here’s the settings after the latest fanatec csl firmware (436)

Wheel settings:

Sen: Aut
    FF 85
    Sho: off (since not using CSP wheel)
    Abs: 20
    Dri: off
    For: 100
    Spr: off (not really needed in rf2)
    Dpr: off (not really needed in rf2)
    Fei: off

Game settings:
    Steering rate 21%
    Car specific FFB mult: 0.50 - 0.6x
    Ffb smoothing: 0
    FFB minimum torque: 0.0 %

8. borges

borges Registered

april 2019... still really hard to set it correctly

I feel the lack of weight even with steeringtorquesesitivity at 2.0 and after adjusting it to 1.5 still oscilates a lot in a straight.
    changed a few more settings in the ctroller.json, most of the steering settings and preety much everything you throw at it doesnt seem to change much.

I've been going on and off rf2 because of this uncertainty. You can't race if FFB doesnt feel natural.
    If im in a straight line and start weaving the car, like if i was dodging something on the road, i cant feel the weight transition.
    In the corners, if i find little bump, the wheel becomes so loose that the my hands holding it just change the trajectory of the vehicle... doesnt matter if im using dpr or spr it feels light.

Lately i tried setting up FOR to 110, and it actually seems to help with the weight feeling but it becomes too heavy and it allows more oscialtion in the straights.

CSL ELITE XBOX (NOV 2017) + 918RIM (maybe too heavy)
    DRIVER 328
    FIRMWARE 629
    FF 100
    SHO 100 OR 0 (doesnt matter)
    ABS 0
    DRI 0
    FOR 110
    SPR 0
    DPR 0
    FEI 010

Bare in mind that these settings are the latest ones i tried, it's not definite and it doesnt mean i liked them much. Next week i'll probably have different ones and thats the problem with FFB with rf2 and this wheel... i just cant settle to something that will remotelly give me the confidence to connect to the car and conseistentely know what's it's doing.
    Thanks.

9. Uff

Uff Registered

Setting FEI to anything below 50 basically makes the steering wheel useless. You lose almost every kind of feedback. Ok, rattling is solved, but the ffb effects are gone. I would never go below 70.

10. Staenker

Staenker Registered

I tried the Fanatec DD1 profile today on my CSW 2.5 and it worked well in the Porsche GTE and the McLaren 720s. Give it a spin ;)

11. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Was thinking getting a csl. Think rather keep my trusted t300 gte smooth no rattles.

12. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Rfactor 2 feels excellent on my CSL elite (PS4 base + elite rim), try copying my settings:

[​IMG]

On wheel (important!):

[​IMG]

13. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Registered

After the latest update, been running the below settings.

Wheel settings:
    Sen: Aut
    FF 100
    Sho: 100
    Abs: 20 (for rumble effect on the csp v3)
    Dri: off
    For: 110
    Spr: 120
    Dpr: 120
    Brf: 50
    Fei: 50

Game settings:
    Steering rate 20%
    Car specific FFB mult: 1
    Ffb smoothing: 4
    FFB minimum torque: 0.5 %