Nordschleife specific features (request/suggestion)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KernigWRC, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

Well, be my guest.
    I won't.
    And do you realy think S397 is going to spend that amount to produce ? :rolleyes:

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

Nah. I'm sure the track artists work for free :rolleyes:

3. Filip

Filip Registered

I would pay also. But not because it is a track or because it cost someone some amount.
    Simply I am paying for how many hours of quality fun I get per €. Gaming can be so much fun and it is cheap entertainment.

muzikant and David Kolody like this.
  4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Nords is a big big track
    It will provide many hours of entertainment

Iracing has to charge a premium for it
    30 is a decent cost & im hoping studio397 more than breaks even at this, must be a lot of work

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Specific feature for Nords that would be very important: some kind of driving school that let you select one sector of the track and run it in a loop, so people can learn one sector at a time.

nurogize and alexSchmurtz like this.
  6. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I also think tens of thousands is a bit too much. I wonder what is real cost and how much could game studio save by acquiring existing data from laser scanned track. It's a waste of resources to re-scan the same track(if it didn't change much).

7. Emery

Emery Registered

The fastest 3rd-party trackmaker I know takes about 4 months to build a normal-sized track of decent quality. By comparison, Nords is many times larger. It took Sector 3 over a year to produce Nords as I recall. If you think a single person is going to work a year for less than tens of thousands, then you're sadly mistaken.

S397 might save some time by having a laserscan mesh already available, but then they still have to place objects and texture them. There are a LOT of objects over the kms of Nords and so far I've not seen any two commercial versions that looked the same!

sg333 likes this.
  8. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

And they ask 7,97€ for it, or cheaper when you buy VRP...

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

someone mentioned release at christmas is this right?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  10. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Guys, let S397 do the math and decide how much they want to charge for it, we're not their financial advisors.
    Some of you will spend 90% of your time on Nordschleife and would pay whatever amount of money but some of us won't.
    Let them come up with the price and each of us will decide if it's worth it or not.

muzikant and Nitrometh like this.
  11. Dan1

Dan1 Registered

Mate, you deppresed me with that price, i had to do a 1 hour trip to drive my first go-kart a long time ago and it cost me +50€ for 30minutes....

12. Louis

Louis Registered

lol i dont believe anyone come out of your house aiming that

13. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

To people who lives in South América, 30 euros is very expensive.

But i think we can use the iracing prices for reference. If you look the latest cars that Studio 397 is selling, the prices is very similar to iracing.

A track in iRacing costs between 11 and 15 dolars, but iracing sells separately nurburgring and nordschleife, If you buy both (around 30 dolars), you have access to all layouts (24h, VLN, gesamtstrecke).

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  14. Bernardo

Bernardo Registered

Well I live in Colombia and 30 euros does not seem too expensive. Keep in mind that creating such a track is a complex job. Perhaps it is the most difficult track, due not only to its size but also to its characteristics and to the fact that people know it very well and, therefore, any error will be detected and criticized at once.

vittorio and muzikant like this.
  15. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

In iRacing you pay $12 for each car. Latest Endurance Pack (5 cars) cost $17,5 in my country. Tracks are free except Sebring and other laser scanned future tracks

Fanapryde likes this.
  16. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Your list is to long and to much... it is a game in itself. I loved it no doubt but it will not happen.

For myself.. I hope they can make a old version to of the 50;s 1967 or 1970 version. After grandprix legends there is no layout from that area of the Nord in simracing. For me rather the old one....

Phil Hill... Jack Brabham...Jochem Rindt..Clark.. Stewart.. the green fences.. the bumps by planzgarten the old pit with the wooden stand. And maybe the sudschleife. For this I think people buy Rfactor 2 blind :)

David Kolody likes this.
  17. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Of course with the March to drive this beautifull track

18. Tobias Pitzer

Tobias Pitzer Registered

I am very much looking forward to the new version of the Nürburgring and the Nordschleife. If the implementation of the laser scanning is as good as it was at Sebring, I am willing to pay a few euros more. After all, it will, just like Sebring, the latest version to get on the market. Can not imagine that it will cost more like 25 euros. Of course, it would be great if someday even the southern loop would come. The license is available. Of course, this version will not be laser scanned because the track is only partially available.