Released McLaren Historical Racecars!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Marcel Offermans, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

May be easy to steer around and hit those apexes but that won't get you anywhere if you try to race it online.
    You will find people will be taking advantage of the soft and friendly handling to throw it around with the brake and throttle and you can be sure that "easy" goes out the window.

I was very impressed by the presentation of these cars, I downloaded Prost's Ferrari and drove it for like 5 mins and was done.
    Very uninspiring handling, easier to handle than a kart with what seemed to be dumbed-down physics.

2. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Amazing cars in my opinion. Looks beautifull and drives great, can't ask for more...well, the real sponsors what i don't think it's so important but is missed, i guess modding community can fix that.

Thanks a lot, Studio 397.

3. Louis

Louis Registered

May be easy to steer around and hit those apexes but that won't get you anywhere if you try to race it online.
    You will find people will be taking advantage of the soft and friendly handling to throw it around with the brake and throttle and you can be sure that "easy" goes out the window.

4. Louis

Louis Registered

Im comparing to other vehicles in same situation. What i expect from them

5. Christos Segkounas

I believe that is what I was answering.

Louis likes this.
  6. Filip

Filip Registered

:D

Christos Segkounas and Louis like this.
  7. Duncan

Duncan Registered

Thanks S397.
    Great cars especially the M23. I am addicted to 60's 70's.
    Like for March Brabham and this last classic car thanks to make them driveable.
    It slides but not on eggs like most classic cars (which make them museum cars) and that's great.
    Please change Howston G4 with same kind of physics and also make mirrors great again because they are totally unusable at least in VR.

GeraArg and mesfigas like this.
  8. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Registered

Now we need Reiza to step in and produce Historic Tracks DLC. Spielberg, Imola, Hockenheim, Adelaide, Montreal and Interlagos in their historic versions would be a nice addition to these cars here :)

Ernie, F1Aussie, coltair and 13 others like this.
  9. Christos Segkounas

Right on.
    We've got the cars but if we keep racing them on the same 'ol tracks it will wear out pretty quickly.
    Need a plethora of historic tracks and they are right there for the taking.
    I say we go over, take their historic tracks, spare the women and children ;)

marmagas, muzikant, Karei and 3 others like this.
  10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I was going to say the same thing. I don't remember the head being that exposed then.

Not a deal breaker for me because I'm driving it so don't see it.

Wasn't it adjustable? Auto and manual like you get on most auto road cars?

As for the understeer on the 13: They narrowed the track and grooved the tyres to slow them down.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  11. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Registered

I love old school cars and manual transmissions so cheers for the 76 Mclaren. But the mp4/8 is a thing of beauty and the tech doesn't ever feel like it's cheapening the driving experience. Full auto, semi auto, adjustable traction control and engine mix as well as the brake map - be nice to know what the range of settings actually equates to, mind - are all good and add to the full onrush of driving this beast. For anyone who wishes to drive without the full auto, you can disable both the up and down shifts in the pit setup screen. Or, just override the auto with the paddles and/or assign the gears to the H shifter and use that as doing so automatically disables the auto box.

12. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

wonderful cars!! The M23 is my favorite!! ;)

13. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Thanks for the cars. Very nice.
    Also had good time whatching Gamer muscle complaining about everything as he tried mp4/13 : )

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  14. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

15. Comante

Comante Registered

Briefly tried the 4/8 on "zandy" as I heard it called here.. wow, the first impression is : I want to drive it more and more, pushing it to the limit should be a real deed, even on the simulator. I just had few laps, and the car felt very easy.. but as other said, just because I wasn't pushing it at all, the "problem" with those F1 cars is that the difference between pushing and touring around the track is very very very subtle, so you may feel you are cool and fast but in reality you always brake too early, too much, and accelerate too slow too late.
    Is just incredible.

Alex72 likes this.
  16. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Hope for more cars and tracks from this area this is my cup of tea no doubt!

Alex72 likes this.
  17. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

which video ?

18. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Cant wait to test this! Waiting for T300 RS, SHH shifter and i havent decided pedals yet. Cant be too expensive. The T300 comes with clutch at least until i figure out the pedals. Old school is my fav in rF2. Its so alive and brutal.

muzikant likes this.
  19. Christos Segkounas

Same here.
    After testing the cars then the following day at work I realized I missed driving the MP4/8, a rare feeling with so much driving and racing that I do through the week.
    It really seems to have the perfect blend of mechanical and aero grip.
    But in all honesty, the TC taking away that edge under power may have a lot to do with it.
    On one hand I love driving cars I enjoy, on the other I prefer to race cars that offer a big challenge, this means I would be perfectly happy to race either the MP4/8 or the MP4/13, for very different reasons.

20. Christos Segkounas

Check out the Fanatec Elite LC pedals, I've got my sights set on them as well.
    Same for the SHH shifter but pedals are more important so that will have to wait.

Alex72 likes this.