Blender Tutorials?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Spears, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Spears

Spears Registered

Any decent blender tutorials out there for track building/RF2? I've watched all in the pinned thread but I still can't get my head around it. Like if someone could make a timelapse of them building a track with screencast keys on it would be amazing.

2. evi

evi Registered

+1

If someone is making this time-lapse tutorial, please don't make oval track. I'm very much interested in seeing how to properly do UV unwrap and mapping for race groove around the tight-radius corner.

3. Brent

Brent Registered

+2

More Blender tutorials would be very helpful. A tutorial for making a proper realroad and grass, working with textures, RF2 materials with Traveller's scripts. I'm looking to use Blender and trying to get my head around it all. Gjed is no longer supported and 3dSimEd is limited. I'd like to learn more about editing and improving existing tracks and eventually create some from scratch.

4. Alessio Feletto

Alessio Feletto Registered

5. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

+4
    Puddles map is the thing i would like to learn more.

6. Rastas

Rastas Registered

7. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

How many rF2 modders use blender ? +7 :D

9. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

I'd LOVE to try and recreate my local track but really need a hand-held step-by-step tutorial of blender.

MK-Motorsport likes this.
  10. R Soul

R Soul Registered

Emery, Mauro and philrob like this.
  11. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I helped guys with the basics and they took off and did awesome stuff. I know the basics and i have been a teacher after all. :D I suck at making tuts though because i dont have the time. With blender and any 3D prog + getting it to game ready state takes a lot of will and energy (and time). Those i know who do stuff are guys who really go in for it and devour tut after tut. Still after years im half assed. I can do models and tracks but i still dont know how to get it properly done because i never found the energy or time to learn the last steps. I would love to because i would love to contribute to the communities. The more people who can pump out content the better. :) Maybe when i get my new PC built (on monday) i will get into it again. After all it will probably be funnier to work when programs dont lag me to death. :D

Maybe we can get a workshop together down the line and i can teach out what i know. So far it made a bunch of guys go on to great things. Getting over that first hurdle can be enough to spark a massive interest for some. If you already know the basics then i wont be much help. I wouldnt mind if someone with more skill had a little workshop teaching out some aspects of making tracks and cars. The more of us there are who can create content - the better.

bravotangosix likes this.