Osw setting troubleshoot

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Spidersaurus, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Spidersaurus

Spidersaurus Registered

Hello all

I've been trying to set my osw steering up for rfactor 2 but I'm running into a problem where the steering will vibrate violently I believe during high grip events , it is so violent that it can loosen my bolts and I'm afraid it might damage something,. I suspect something is wrong in the setting?

Anyone have any suggestions

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

3. nipzon

nipzon Registered

That happened to me the other day, it vibrate so much my seat came undone, the motor screws loosened, my unihub shifted randomly afterwards and one of the button’s lock nut on my button box rattled across its contacts.
    It was after a firmware update which loaded some default settings.

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

The link above is a post I made with my settings that take the worst of the violence out from ripple strips and impacts.
    No way am I saying it's a setup everyone will like but it should give an idea of what settings do what.
    I just wanted to use the wheel without fearing injury when the next turkey crossed my path or when I am the turkey.

Anyone with a DD wheel should do a regular check of their cockpit to make sure everything is tightened and so you're not the one who say's "wheel, what wheel?" (Aussies should know what I mean) :cool:

EDIT: I don't recall seeing that video earlier @Spidersaurus
    That noise :eek:
    Definitely change the settings I posted about, mainly ripple strips.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  5. Spidersaurus

Spidersaurus Registered

Thanks! I'll give it a try later this week.... Ya that noise is scary when you are driving .. (sometimes happens as I'm pulling out of pits too)

6. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I use the AccuForce Preset in rF2 to serve as the basis for my OSW profile; it seems to provide toned down effects where the generic wheel profile requires more tweaks under the hood in order to find the right balance.

7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I fairly sure I used that preset as well.
    Just make sure to adjust this controller.JSON line for your motor's torque:
    "Steering torque capability":14.5,
    "Steering torque capability#":"The maximum torque capability of the wheel (in Nm, obviously)",
    I have a small mige so mine is set to 20.

8. Spidersaurus

Spidersaurus Registered

i just did a full firmware update and started using simcube configuration tool to match what you have. still the same... that crazy vibration will come out as soon as i leave the pit (just jolted my pedal shifter loose) , id have to put smoothing to 3 to be able to leave the pits but as soon as im on track with a little bit more steering lock, it come back in jolts (like in the first video i posted) . i mean im sure its somethign with setting, i even went as far as deleting the json file and starting over again (which in begining made me lose all force feedback) , works fine in other game (rfactor and richard burns rally)

9. nipzon

nipzon Registered

What is your ffb min torque setting in game?