Need help making the tires for a Mini Zcar

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by gianlucap, Sep 7, 2018.

1. gianlucap

gianlucap Registered

Hi guys, I'm new to modding and I'm struggling on the tires.
    I'm making a conversion of the RF1 ZCAR mod (Austin Mini with Hayabusa engine). I chose this car because was fun in RF and I thought that is better to learn making something that I like.
    For now I'm concentrating on the physics part, but I have problems with the TGM, Chassis, HDV and TBC files.
    I have imported the wheels and the steering wheels gmt files as models and one by one, as suggested to avoid pivot problems. I can see all the elements of the car and the liveries. I can hear the sounds, start and move the car. But the original car has small wheels and with the online tools available I can't create a proper RF2 version of these and as a result I got the wheels too big (I mean, like the wheels of a modern Mini Cooper) and the bottom of the car almost attached to the floor. So after few meters the cars just stop because I break it passing over some bump. My conclusion is that tires and suspensions are messed up.

Can someone please help me, maybe making the files for me using the online RF2 tools?
    These are the original RF1 files (TBC, PM, HDV):
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nfeV6Qv-Rfrd4QUIHPShP-LkzNhwbVjH

The ISI tire models available in the database don't match their size.

Damn, I whish there was a tool to allow the creation of the tires just providing the measurements and the kind of compound (slick, wet, etc.).
    Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Bozak

Bozak Registered

If the car chassis touches the ground you can raise it from HDV line:
    GraphicalOffset=(0, 0.30, 0) // does not affect physics! This just moves the vehicle body for whatever reasons you may have.
    Change 0.30 to 0.40 or more.
    To have this number 0.00 you must have the car chassis underside parallel and almost touch with the green line Y axis of 3Dsimed.

If the car drives and not crashing rF2 you have no major problem.

rF2 Online tools has a function to convert tyres to the size you want.
    I suggest that you use a newer rF2 TBC from another car with the same wheel diameter that your car has.
    First download the tyres from S397, convert them to size you want with rF2 online tools, make the TBC with new tyres, then make the rF1 to rF2 conversion with online tools.

gianlucap likes this.
  3. gianlucap

gianlucap Registered

Thanks a lot Bozak, the problem was exactly that, the 0.0 value in the HDV files. I raised it to 32 for now, in the next days weeks I will tune everything. But for now was important to have the thing up and running, so I will have fun testing everything.

It's quite nervous, needs lot of work. I'm planning slick and wet tires, a new setup and new textures, but will take a while because I'm new to this stuff. When everything will be finished I will ask permission for share this, for now will stay private.
    Behind there is the Weissach Porsche test track, also private. It's just a quick conversion, but I'm planning to change assets and textures and add a rain map for the road. Unfortunally I don't think that the authors will give permission to share this, was forbidden when they released it and the track was also encripted. Will see. To be honest I'm thinking to start it from scratch, because the RF1 version is missing lot of details.
    Again, I'm just starting with modding and to make things easier for me I chose to start making conversions of mods that I loved in RF1.
    Thanks again for the help. ;)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    Bozak likes this.