Latest Roadmap Update - August 2018

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 31, 2018.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Tastes mate, I prefer it over Nord's :p

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Spa has a very difficult pitlane entrance for ISI based sims. The AI line into the pits on other ISI based sims, often had the AI hitting the pitlane wall and getting stuck OUTSIDE pitlane. Crafting a modern Spa that does NOT have issues around the pits would be very time-consuming. The only solution that worked completely for GTR2 was to make the first 100 yards or so of the pitlane completely pass-thru so the AI could get aligned before they finally reach the pit-In speed limiter line.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I guess other sims have ruined Monza for me and Spa to some extent, online its either GT3 Monza or GT3 Spa . Great tracks but a bit overdone in all racing games .

sg333 likes this.
  4. green serpent

green serpent Registered

An historic version of Le Mans, A Ford GT40, and a Ferrari 250 GTO LM. I know this is impossible, but how good would that be?!

Duncan, lbird and marmagas like this.
  5. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I like the idea! But now we have 2 awesome Le Mans from 2 different ages, so i'd probably prefer a modern version.

My wishlist is:
    Nordschleife
    Le Mans
    Spa
    McLaren F1 GTR

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  6. Alex_

Alex_ Registered

3d grass!!!!!! Finally!!!!! That's very good!!!

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  7. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

My dream would be supported drag racing with staging, pre-staging and measured reaction time. I could imagine that some big pro mod drag slicks would rock the tire model :p

8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

As for the bit that ticks a lot of boxes:

AI Safety Car/Formation Lap improvements
    Tyre allocation
    Hybrid simulation
    Dirt on the road
    Mechanical failures

Mhites, bluet, Louis and 5 others like this.
  9. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

I've stated this in other threads before, but it bears repeating here. Why would you elect to create a track? On the one hand, there are tracks that are known to be extremely popular (either online racing or offline/hotlapping) which will draw people to the platform and ESPECIALLY get them all online and racing the same track version etc. On the other, there is the ability to have a unique track that no-one else has, or maybe is about to disappear in real world (e.g. Rockingham UK) or be substantially altered so you want to preserve it. Then, rF2 has a good focus on historic content too. We'd ideally want tracks that are popular online first, because that's what rF2 needs to build back up in my opinion. You've got titles like PC2 which have huge selections of tracks effectively 'for free' which is difficult to compete with.

Tracks all (or nearly all) competing sims have: Brands, Imola, Laguna, Monza, Nurb GP/Nords, Red Bull Ring, Spa
    (plus of course many historic tracks, not scannable, like Kyalami)
    Tracks none of the other sims have: Mexico, Bahrain, Paul Ricard, Portland, Albert Park (and an honourable mention to Road Atlanta which only iRacing has but is a key US endurance track, and in the same category as Sebring)

Yes, I get that everyone is bored of racing modern Monza and Spa; but lots of people do race them, because they are a known entity. We don't even have that option for rF2 and in my opinion that needs to be corrected quickly. And no, I won't race the ripped versions from AC. I'm also fairly sure there are commercial scans available for those popular tracks as well. I know there are some people who drive Nords relentlessly and they are the same types that only want to run Daytona and Talladega in stock cars or Indianapolis for IndyCars. Nords is a driving/hotlapping track and not a great racing track. Le Mans is a better racing track, but still, is associated with only ONE race per year. At the very least, S397 should probably alternate one 'core' track (licensed scan) and one 'unique' track (self-scanned) in their build schedule. But there's more to be gained for rebuilding this platform by going with the core tracks in my view.

Think: what tracks can they use for the upcoming McLaren Shadow competition? We already saw this was effectively limited to Silverstone, a questionable Zandvoort, and maybe they could have used Indy as well and now Sebring. It's not nearly enough.

Jeremy Talbot and dazzer like this.
  10. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I guess there are different keys to the tracks that we see in sims. And for some wierd reason alot of people consider FIA grade tracks a benchmark. There are a few that I like to drive, but those are mostly older tracks, like Monza or Spa. Those two tracks are nice to race on and especialy Monza has a unique feeling to it, same as the old Hockenheim had it's unique flair. And I kind of like that.

What I like about the track selection in rF2 is that it features tracks that you don't see in every game. But the downside of that is, that you won't get people to buy your title with tracks like Atlanta Motorsport Park, even if it is one if not the best of the Tilke tracks. Another critical thing is that it needs to fit the cars and that's something that S397 should concentrate on.

So in that regard Nordschleife isn't a bad choice, even if it isn't my prefered one. You still get the Nürburgring with it's different layouts and a combination of the Ring and the Nordschleife. So it makes sense and fits both the Endurance and the GT3 cars, next to the rest of the potential new cars that we might see in the sim at one point.

Now if it was for me, I would basicly just like to see them scan american tracks. Give me a track pack with Belle Isle, Toronto, Longbeach, Barber or the likes and I could rest in peace :D

11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Hang on, i just had a thought. The one thing that would tick people's boxes:

TV graphics and/or trackmap.

12. Depco

Depco Registered

Now your just talking crazy.

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Gee, it's Sunday, Shouldn't we have some posts about announcing announcements prior to a US Holiday?

14. Filip

Filip Registered

+ better clutch

Louis and mixer61 like this.
  15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

True that, there is so much boxes that need to be ticked in this game, the announcement may as well mean a full rewrite of rF2 code making easier to maintain and add stuff lol :D

16. vittorio

vittorio Registered

It's this sentence which makes us all think crazy . "This second announcement will probably tick a lot of boxes for simracers in terms of their dreams-list for our simulation." Rene GRunner wrote it and the truth probably is, Rene was just tired and said to himself, only one more sentence before getting my next coffee.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  17. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

To quote the often misquoted spokesman for all things unspoken, The Stig, " 'tis not the what, but the why".
    Everyone is saying what they think is "iconic, fast and competition proven" but no one seems to have thought why is it " iconic, fast and competition proven".
    The one single, most basic core building block of all elements missing from rF2..................a pair of fluffy dice!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    Yep, shocking isn't it.
    It took them all this time to work it out. ;)

McKiernan, felthat and jayarrbee36 like this.
  18. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Easier way to add talent files :p

19. fbiehne

fbiehne Registered

Missing news about Portland. This track needs to be in a modern sim.

bravotangosix and sg333 like this.
  20. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Why is everyone talking about tracks? The phrase 'competition proven' surely points towards a car doesn't it? How can you 'competition prove' a track? A track doesn't really have any competition apart from other tracks, and they don't exactly compete with each other. Unless you are talking about Brands vs Silverstone or Hockenheim vs Nuburg GP where they alternate/used to alternate Grand Prix. Also the fact that it's race proven points towards it being something else before this, for example a road car maybe.

So my thoughts are this:

Fast: McLaren F1 - Held the production car top speed record for 11 years(ish).

Iconic: McLaren F1 - Autocar stated in a road test "The McLaren F1 is the finest driving machine yet built for the public road." They further stated, "The F1 will be remembered as one of the great events in the history of the car, and it may possibly be the fastest production road car the world will ever see." In 2005, Channel 4 placed the car at number one on their list of the 100 greatest cars, calling it "the greatest automotive achievement of all time". In popular culture, the McLaren F1 has earned its spot as 'The greatest automobile ever created' and 'The Most Excellent Sports Car Of All Time' amongst a wide variety of car enthusiasts and lovers.

Race Proven: McLaren F1 - The F1 GTR won the Le Mans 24 hours on it's first attempt, and also finished third, fourth, fifth, and 13th places, beating custom built prototype sports cars.