[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

Hi... Amazing tool and it's a lot useful online and offline.
    One question: i'm racing a offline championship and try to do the /batch grid.ini command but it doesn't work... any tips? It can be done offline in the chat of the rF2?

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I don't think it will work offline. What you can do is host your race with AI as online race on your own machine, set a password so that only you can join, then become an admin and use batch command. But not everybody can join their own sever as far as I know, you can try.

3. Leonardo Nogueira

I try this... my own server don't be visible for me (I don't know why).
    I'm almost giving up...

4. Badboy

Badboy Registered

And you must be in warmup to use /batch grid.ini

5. Leonardo Nogueira

it don't work in offline races... It works on a local dedicate server but I can't enter in my own dedicated server and I still don't know why... it don't appears to me when I choose LAN in the online page of the rF2!

6. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

The UI-language-option doesn't seem to work for me. Whenever I select a different language in the options (for instance Dutch or German), I can see some sort of page-refresh, but nothing changes.

7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

You need to provide translations by yourself in corresponding language file. There is an explanation for how to do this in the blue field just below language selector.

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Hi Nibo,
    Sorry if these questions are answered already but I just don't have energy to go through all the pages :p

Is it possible to separate different car classes in the "driver standings" tab? I see there are separate tabs for different class standing but I find that the "driver standings" tab is useless in it's current form when running a multiclass championship.

Another problem I faced was that there were no way to set certain paramets for poin ts our league is using: 1 point for EVERYONE who starts a race, so not only for those who wouldn't otherwise score anything. We also have 75% rule but it's different from what the program currently has. We give 1 point for each who finishes the race within 75% of winner's laps. Sure I can add these manually but an automated system would be nicer :)

I also saw that one of our drivers was assigned to "unknown" class. We are using the official Endurance mod and he was driving the LMP2 class car. What could cause this? Skin naming perhaps?

Final problem I noticed, was that the program recognized the qualification for our race and gave pole points for both classes but I couldn't figure out how to upload quali results at the same time as race results. Also, even though the program seemed to recognize quali results, it still didn't show quali times in the race results.

I hope you could help me out with these problems :)

-Matt

9. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Not possible. You can just ignore overall "Driver Standings" and "Team Standings" tables if they aren't needed for your championship.

I will try to add this options.

That is something that came from xml file. Yes, it maybe wrong naming in custom created car/skin. For more info you can open xml file and look for that driver <Driver> tag and there look for <CarClass> and other tags, if there other tags that are "unknown" or only <CarClass>.

r2la looks for Qualy log automatically based on <RaceResults> -> <DateTime> tag, since this value is same for all xmls from one game "weekend". I guess you run qualification not in the same "weekend" as race? Maybe a day before. You can "trick" r2la to pick up your Qual log by opening it in text editor and substituting its <DateTime> value (the one on line 5) with that value from your Race log. Then save file and press "Refresh" in r2la.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thanks for the answers. To the quoted part, our quali is always right before the race so that can't be the reason. Does it affect that I uploaded the results just today when the event was already on 26th of August?

Also, I have manually made a table (with excel) previosly displaying per race results and points: http://vrc.createaforum.com/series-...ries-q2-q3-2018-results-and-points-standings/ (you need to be registered to see this)

Similar to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Formula_One_World_Championship
    under topic "World Drivers' Championship standings"

Is something like this possible to be implement?

Cheers.

-Matt

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

forget about the question about the quali, just remembered that I wasn't present during the quali but only during the race, that is why my log probably don't have any laptime info...

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I don't get the question. r2la standings tables already look like that one in Wikipedia.

If you want to see driver positions in cells, on "Edit Championship" page check "Show driver position in driver standings" checkbox.

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

@TIG_green, I'm confused a bit, should leader also receive bonus points for "Finishing the race within 75% of leader's laps"? Because mathematically it passes as "Yes"... I think I will make it like that.

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Yes, also the winner gets this point.

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Sorry for the confusion. I only loaded one race and were assuming that it only displays total points in that page, my mistake.

In my opinion color choices are better in that F1 table I linked but that is just my personal preference as I'm use to see them (mainly colors for the podium).

Also, I would prefer the position being the bigger number and points the smaller one...

Overall a great program. Thank you, it will save alot of my time :)

-Matt

16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Update 2.058.10
    • Added bonus points for starting the race and for completing some percent of leader distance.

Mauro likes this.
  17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Cool, thanks :)

One more thing I noticed:

The rule "All drivers (even DNF, DNS) receive no less then this points" . Could you change it so that DNS wouldn't be awarded with any points? Should only apply when starting a race. We have a system where only 8/10 races counts towards points, and with the current way the program works, if there are more than two DNS a driver gets points for DNS and that should not happen imo. There is no way to edit total points currently (that would be the other option to overcome this problem). Thanks :)

-Matt

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  18. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I was asked specifically for that bonus to work like it is - "All drivers (even DNF, DNS) receive no less then this points", if I change it now, it will not work for people that requested it. For now, I don't want to add other option that is not very different from existing one. There is no easy way to implement total points correction with the way r2la core calculations work. Use manual points correction for specific races/drivers to adapt available points options to your needs.

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I might have miscommunicated a bit... the 75% rule for a point we have requires a driver to actually finish the race to be awarded with the point. So it's meant for lapped drivers, not for drivers that DNF. Also, does this new rule take account of classes? I mean there should be a separate 75% rule for a point within GTE class and LMP2 class.

I get that it's probably annoying that a new guy pops up and starts asking for these favours but I think some of these requests might make life easier for many others too :) If the rule "All drivers (even DNF, DNS) receive no less then this points" would display in the UI like this: "All drivers receive no less than this amount of points" choose both DNF/DNS included or only DNF.

I mean, if you could do these changes, I would definitely make a small donation ;)

-Matt

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Not currently, but I will correct that in next update.

I'll see if I can add options there.