rFactor 2 crashes in Sebring Formation Lap

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sid1968, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Bernd If the special characters are the issue, and if it's similar to that other thread, it would only be when those special characters are printed in certain places - not when they appear in the trace file. So the on-screen formation/safety car information, or the message center in the game, that sort of thing. That still doesn't answer why it might only happen at that track of course o_O

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@Lazza I know that, if something is printed in the trace file, it is not the reason for anything. ;)
    But it can point to the reason, as you know for sure.
    I hope that Sid (or someone else) will do the above suggested test with another mod that don't uses driver names with 'ö' or other special characters.
    As said, since i don't have purchased sebring, i can not do the test by myself.

3. Sid1968

Sid1968 Registered

Hello Bernd, as you asked me in the our conversation i reply here, because i can upload the trace files here.

Yes, every car i used till today have chrashed on sebring. You asked me to test Formel Renault 3.5.

Here are the two trace files. rFactor 2 crashed with "DeutschC". This Time the Crash happens after a short time.

Kind Regards
    Sid

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  4. Sid1968

Sid1968 Registered

I made some tests and believe to have the solution.
    All Umlauts (Ää, Öö, Üü and ß) must be changed to (Ae ae, Oe oe, Ue ue an ss) in all Servermessages.

My definition of Servermessage = All Messages that appear ON the Screen for a Gamer.

I could fix this
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Please Catch Up To" = "Bitte schliesse auf zu"

"Full-Course Yellow: Green Flag Next Time Around" = "Ganze Strecke unter Gelb: Gruene Flagge naechste Runde"

"Full-Course Yellow Pending" = "Ganze Strecke unter Gelb angekuendigt:"

"Green Flag!" = "Gruene Flagge!"

"Green Flag Next Time Around" = "Gruene Flagge nach dieser Runde"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And could manage a good round.

But now we need to edit ALL Servermessages. I could not identifiy them all and need help.

Kind Regards
    Sid

Lazza likes this.
  5. Sid1968

Sid1968 Registered

I finished a overworked version of "DeutschC". Should i upload it? Are there any copyrightproblems to upload it here?

Kind Regards
    Sid

6. Bernd

Bernd Registered

No, there are no copyright problems, but it will get lost (hard to find) here. ;)
    I have send you a reply in the private conversation.

7. Sid1968

Sid1968 Registered

OK. This is my edited version of "DeutschC", wich i called "DeutschCoU".

oU = ohne Umlaute = without Umlauts.

Kind Regards
    Sid

EDIT: This one is old. See the new file at first post on Side 1.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  8. Sid1968

Sid1968 Registered

1.jpg

Messages that ONLY appears in the Newswindow (1) may have Umlauts.

Messages that appears in the Newswindow (1) AND on the Screen (2) must be without Umlauts.

Since i dont exactly know what messages appears only in the Newswindow my uploaded File "DeutschCoU" must eventually get corrected. I not only worked out the Umlauts, but other things too.

Kind Regards
    Sid

Nitrometh likes this.
  9. Sid1968

Sid1968 Registered

I published an updated Version of "DeutschCoU". This one keeps as much Umlauts as possible. I overholed also other entries.(e.g. Pitradio, Errors, etc.). Everything should work fine. Please give a feedback. (Improvements, Problems, Corrections.)

BTW: I only edit the existing "DeuitschC". The Author of "DeutschC" had spent lots of time and hard work to realize it. Thx for that.

You will find the latest version of "DeutschCoU" in my first post of this thread, to save you time.

Kind Regards
    Sid

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  10. Sid1968

Sid1968 Registered

Uploaded an Update.
    Feedback Welcome.

Kind Regards
    Sid