Released Matsusaka Circuit v1.00 Now Available!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 17, 2016.

1. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I did spend a while and succeeded in improving the Matsu performance while it was in dev.
    From where it is now I don't know what else I can do besides removing stuff. And that is put into the track detail settings.
    So unless I've missed a trick somewhere, I don't know what else to do.

If it's just a case of not liking to have to change track detail settings, i understand your pain.
    A track-specific detail and shadows setting might be good for that, like there is with per-track AI override settings, and per-car FFB multipliers

2. RoWo

RoWo Member

@woochoo
    What about just a DX11-Update? It's not bad under DX11, but some objects have to much bloom.
    For such talented guy like you, this must be a job while having a coffee-break. ;)

3. stonec

stonec Registered

The Matsu performance issues (at least those that I had and reported) were all due to exceeding 2 GB VRAM. After I upgraded to 4 GB GPU all stutters went away. You should be able to run the track with 2 GB VRAM by lowering texture detail setting.

mesfigas and woochoo like this.
  4. woochoo

woochoo Registered

It took me three months to do just a DX11 update for Longford :p
    I'M SLOW!

If you're talking about the car/truck/crane windows... yeah, maybe they reflect a little too brightly now, but they're windows reflecting in the sun. It's not a mistake. It's just... hyped, or juiced :p

Yes, it would all look nicer with a texture re-toning, but Matsu's future isn't mine to decide

Guimengo likes this.
  5. RoWo

RoWo Member

Ok, accepted. :)

woochoo likes this.
  6. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I remember that now that you mention it :)
    Lowering the texture details will make everything look a little crappier though, right?
    Lowering the track detail will remove some objects. Hopefully taking enough textures out with them, but leaving the remaining ones looking good, i think?

7. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

My only issue with Matsusaka was with the fact that everything is reflected in the mirrors on this track, at all detail levels, and that caused me to have to upgrade my PC to continue to play rF2 and drive this track. Not as much an issue anymore with the new PC, but it's still on the lower level of performance compared with every other rF2 track I've driven.

Fantastic track!

woochoo likes this.
  8. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Right. I should know, but i don't think the reflections change by detail level. But it may well be true that there are too many reflected objects.
    Thanks for the feedback. At the least I hope your new computer has enhanced your enjoyment of other tracks, and I'm sorry :)

9. Louis

Louis Registered

knowing the japanese culture like the palm of my hands, i send this email to http://www.suzukacircuit.jp/
    subject: FOR THE LOVE OF BUDHA, WE ARE LATE!
    msg: Send laser scanned data of the circuit. No time for questions. It will be a great dishonor for the country not getting this on time.
    and atach a face palming power ranger image

10. Stenne

Stenne Registered

Many thanks! A favourite circuit of mine.

LokiD and woochoo like this.
  11. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Imo the track is beautiful as it is. Just a update to the latest standards would be great. Hope S 397 take the advantage to have an already amazing track. By the way, greetings from the Hockenheim Ring :) Cheers

LokiD and woochoo like this.
  12. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

Yeah, not so many issues with new PC after some updates made by S397... Anyway, I thought I'd point this out to you. At "LOW" environment reflection, the trees in this image are the only ones I noticed on the entire track that did not reflect in the mirrors.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I assume there is some setting in a text file that differentiates these trees from the rest of the trees around the track. It might lead to some better FPS at some settings if they all had the same properties...?

woochoo likes this.
  13. LokiD

LokiD Registered

THIS TRACK SO NEEDS THE UPDATE!!!!

S397 PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

I would go out on a limb here and say my most favourite track in rf2

lol

14. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Aren't mirror reflection textures controlled by the .scn like the difference between practice and race? Sorry, it's been a while since I've looked in there.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, visgroups. I'm sure woochoo is well aware :D

JimmyT likes this.
  16. woochoo

woochoo Registered

VisGroup "F" is ringing a bell. I suspect those trees were tagged F to not reflect ever, being that they're not exactly trackside.
    I suspect some people would complain if some of the other trees weren't in the mirrors. And other people wouldn't notice

JimmyT likes this.
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@woochoo sorry to drag this out, and first I have to remind myself and anyone else that you're not really in control of this track, so you can't throw out an update when you want... but...

Can't this be linked to detail levels? So one tree instance is shown in low-med details, and doesn't reflect, while another tree instance (same GMT) is shown in higher details, and does reflect? Sorry, modding question I know. And maybe this is already done routinely. Or can't be done. Just curious.

18. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I think there is only one "swap mesh" level, and it's Low, or something. I haven't used it for anything afaik.
    Besides that, i think it's a just a matter of "show the object or not, with only it's defined reflection on/off setting"
    I think the ISI/397 tracks usually have pretty sparse "mirror" scenes, and people don't seem to complain, so i guess i should have just done that

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@woochoo Yes, you're right, I was remembering that wrong. You can only set it to swap at Low, but they are separate instances so I imagine you could +32 for the Low instance so it won't show in the mirrors, while higher settings will show the other instance and that can be set to show in mirrors.

Unrelated, when this track first came out I found the tyre wall objects comprised basically half the track's total size (files, GMT). Not sure if that impacted the memory use badly or causes low FPS, but it's a higher portion than most tracks I've personally seen (which isn't an exhaustive list).

20. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I did spend a lot of time trying to optimise the tyre stacks. They're borrowed from Silverstone, but i tried to accurately represent the "depth" count. I did test removing them entirely and it only made a small change on my machine. I saw a league version of the track that replaced them with what looked like a box mesh, giving the appearance of tyre stacks covered by a plastic cover or something. I'd probably do that if i ever did tyre stacks again. It would be less work, and probably be a little less load. The pursuit of reality in minor details is wearing thin on me :p

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018