[WIP] Indycar 2018

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Navigator, Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for that info mate.
    Sad to say; its magic to me, but PhilRob is working his magic on this and all should be fine.

The pictures and video, havent had his magic touch though and thats what I meant by pre pre pre images.

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

A long time ago, I had to cancel my F1 mod due to people having a lynchparty on me; they called me names because the rain tires in the pre release (of what was said not to use it as they were the wrong ones!) didnt work well, the sound was sampled of another mod presumably and some other stuff.

Now; I question out loud why graphics seem more important than physics. It seems a given that the physics come from another mod, but every bold has to have the perfect shine.
    When you question yourself -being a physics guy- if you can live up to the extremely high expectations (see example of a rainlight in another topic that I really wouldnt been able to fix) the name calling from people who never contributed anything to this community already begins.

It has been said -even in this topic- before, that payed mods get away with anlot of flaws, but people who put in their time and effort for free, get hammered down and must deliver the best quality possible.

It is a conversion and the thought behind it was to make it dx11 and -my plan- outstanding physics.
    It has been clear already; the other way around is expected(!)

A while ago, some one rolled out one mod after another, sometimes two a day; ran the models through 3dsimed and the hdv/pm through an online converter. He was the man.....
    Guys just having the old engine, hdv, pm and just a few new tires from a similar mod get praised.......

Thought this was a simulation, right?

All comes down to this; I can not deliver a mod thats graphically as good as this community demands.
    Physicswise; yes, but not desired.

I can’t do this.
    Already the name calling started for a genuine question I asked myself. Why should I even bother?
    I have the mod, I like it. Spending time to let more people enjoy it, only gets me called names more.

So; better no mod than a mod with the rear axle screw not shiny enough, right?
    Motivation is gone; mod cancelled.

rlong and Filip like this.
  3. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Sorry you feel that way mate.

Would it not be better to see if any other modder would be prepared to take what you've done so far and finish it?

4. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Sad to hear. I'm sure it would have been great on physics and graphic side.
    I'm not a modder so I can only guess how hard it is to develop a full mod with physics.

5. Schumi

Schumi Registered

@Navigator
    It looks like "at last I decided to try it myself and I did not succeed. You are all to blame and I stop, but I'm still phisics king".
    For how you behave with others people - I do not even feel sorry for you. It's a shame.
    "Karrrma!" (c)

1. Do not touch me, I can answer. Remember this. I acknowledged my mistakes and left.

2. Even blind can see that no one criticized you here. You just found an excuse not to admit that you could not do it. 2 pages of empty whining.

Filip likes this.
  6. Filip

Filip Registered

I agree with you it is better for everyone that you stop modding. But it is even better for everyone that you stop posting

7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks mate, but Schumi here answers why I dont feel like doing that.
    Crapped out 1001 mods in a day with rF1 physics and when I asked ‘why not spend a little longer and make the physics good too?’, he had a stroke, withdrew all his mods and so on.
    Now he has some big talk for someone who only went ‘for the likes and glory’.
    Atleast I tried to do it properly but not wanted here.
    Crapping them out by the dozen and not taking advice even is just sad.
    Sadder is he thinks its karma.

So no; because guys like him.

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Whehe, why arent there enough mods?? Mommy!!

9. Schumi

Schumi Registered

Just for information
    When I started to do conversion of tracks @Heikki21 wrote to me that in my works there is much to improve. He said that he will help me with this. He did it.
    When he started helping me with Watkins Glen, we were joined by @DA-DIGGA. He remade more than half of the things on the track.
    They never once said that I did shit and nobody needs it, on the contrary, with their comments and advice, I created a textbook for myself!
    Digga shows incredible patience, although I'm sure he can would have finished Glen long ago without us. And I will always be grateful to these people!

Just think.

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Haha, shows....... you know very, very well what I’m talking about mate.
    Dont even get me started on the rest

11. Navigator

Navigator Registered

12. ede78

ede78 Registered

I enjoyed @Schumi tracks and supported his work and i was really looking forward for @Navigator Indycar mod.
    As someone who has absolutly zero knowledge about modding i can respect and appreciate the effort of every modder.
    So please stop stopping your efforts.

a1gpmatty and Duppy_ like this.
  13. KittX

KittX Registered

Motivation is overrated. Highly overrated nowadays....

14. Schumi

Schumi Registered

Thank you, I have long ago drawn conclusions from my mistakes, but now we are talking about you. But this is my last post with the answer to you. More you do not interest me. Now I'm convinced that you can not do anything.

15. Kevin Ryan

Kevin Ryan Registered

I appreciate the efforts of modders but I don't understand why modders very often release alphas and betas. Surely you're opening yourself up to people talking about all it's flaws and crapping on the mod. Release the damn thing when it's as close to perfect as you want it to be and not until then!

Nitrometh likes this.
  16. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Tone it down please.

17. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Take this to PM please

18. Schumi

Schumi Registered

Do not worry, my conversation with this person is already finished forever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.