[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Thanks a lot for the answer, good to know !

2. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

Just wanted to report that the v0.780 reports a Trojan through Windows Defender. It didn't do that with v0.77.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's been coming and going. I cleared it with Avast and sent it for Defender as well, but they either take longer to clear it or never will.

*If it's stopping you/anyone installing it, just grab the manual install archive.

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i need to use extra software program like Motec>I2 analysis ? to be able to see what i recorded in RF2 ?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Correct. If you go to motec.com , go to Downloads -> Software -> Latest Releases and look for i2 Pro

Be sure to read the license (or at least some of it) and make sure you never ask them for help, you don't own their products so you don't qualify for help :)

6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

must be a youtube lesson for the whole motec thing i m sure

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@mesfigas I believe they've posted webinars explaining various things, I've actually never looked into it.

First step is to install the plugin (auto installer, or extract the manual archive to your rF2 folder - plugin should end up in your Bin64\Plugins folder, etc) and check that it's producing log files. Don't do any long stints at first, you want to make sure that it works and you're logging anything you want (but FFB Output will already be logged, it's a standard channel).

Once you've generated a log and loaded it into i2Pro, you need to just spend a few mins familiarising yourself with it. Right-click on the various components you can see and select properties, but most of them are time/distance graphs which are what you want. Press V to show the channel list on the right, you'll see FFB Output in there, you can drag it into an existing graph or you can add a new graph (on a new worksheet if you want) and put it on there. Then you should see FFB clipping as the values 'stuck' at the top or bottom.

Hey, I didn't say it was a 30-second job, but you can do a lot with telemetry - like blame all sorts of things for being slow. It's well worth it.

mesfigas likes this.
  8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

thanks for explanation Lazza i will look at it

Edit so FFB must values only at the middle of graph and never touch bottom or top ?

9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

if the FFB output graph touch the throttle graph when i m at full throttle means i clip ?

10. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i think i get it now
    i did 3 different settings
    ffb multiplier on:

1.50 AND 2.0 reaches the top of graph
    value 1.0 is perfect and maybe i can raise up to 1.30...maybe

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@mesfigas Ignore throttle input; your FFB will hit its biggest values when you are cornering, especially in fast corners with winged cars (they generate higher forces with the extra downforce). But what you'll also get is little spikes from bumps, kerb strikes, contact with walls. So the best way generally is to do a lap or two, take a look at the FFB output graph and see which part of the track it's running highest at (not a spike, but staying at a high level for a second or two), and when you do a fast clean lap through that section you can check the FFB to make sure it's not sitting at maximum and not moving, but is very close to full.

If you try to 'keep' all the spikes you'll end up with a very low multiplier and weak FFB, while if you overdo it you will be driving some sections with your wheel just pushing at full strength - which doesn't actually give you any feedback, which is obviously the point ;)

Once you get to know the car you're in you'll basically know which corner to check the FFB on. Just be aware that if you set it just on the limit with low fuel, it might clip a lot with higher fuel, as the extra weight can give you stronger FFB. Caster changes are another one to watch, big effect on FFB strength from that.

As an aside, I was going to try and make a simple plugin that would monitor the FFB output only and give a message with the suggested FFB multiplier if the current seemed wrong - but plugins can't see what the current multiplier is, so it wouldn't work well. It would definitely be better if the game had a working FFB meter built in, and/or some self diagnosis that helped correct the value. Considering the game obviously runs the physics, I'd prefer a simple FFB mode for consumer wheels which takes a calculated guess at maximum steering column torque and automatically adjusted the FFB mult to suit.

marmagas and mesfigas like this.
  12. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i tested 3 different cars same ffb settings on sebring
    porsche 991 GTE spikes like crazy
    Ford GTE URD mod same spikes
    ISI Chevrolet corvette c6r (no cliping or spikes at all)
    FFB in RF2 drives me crazy cant take that great feel while cornering
    yes i take a lot of info but i feel that i miss a lot while cornering

13. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Has anyone a complete worksheet for me for the new Motec?

14. Kevin Ryan

Kevin Ryan Registered

I'm using the old (standard) plugin. I can't read the downforce values for the updated McLaren GT3. Is that also an issue with this plugin?

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@datboi the game isn't providing those values (some cars have certain data blocked at the request of the manufacturer), so it's not a plugin issue, it's just what's available.

*Also, if you mean you're still using the rF2 motec plugin, you should really use this one instead.

16. Kevin Ryan

Kevin Ryan Registered

Ah ok thanks Lazza

Yeah I should've updated a long time ago lol

17. Wozza_UK

Wozza_UK Registered

Lazza,
    I have a question. I have been getting an error when using MoTec just recently. It is a 'SidebySide' event in Windows 7. It keeps taking the 'focus' away from rF2 when I'm driving. Apparently this is often caused by having the wrong Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package installed for the software you are using.

Can you tell me which version is the best to use for your MoTec plug-in?

Thanks. :p

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Wozza_UK It compiles using one of the same versions as the game does (I think it's 2012). Does running the 4 Support\runtime files help at all? (not sure on folders right now, not at my pc)

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

A gentle reminder that using i2Pro with this plugin contravenes its EULA. You should NOT contact MoTeC for support with i2Pro unless you own a MoTeC device.

And you should obviously never contact MoTeC for help with this plugin, since it's mine. That's what this thread is for :)

Corti likes this.
  20. Barry Arends

Barry Arends Registered

Doesn't work. Still a Trojan warning.