Driver size

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CoNa, Aug 2, 2018.

1. CoNa

CoNa Registered

Is it just me, or does the hands of the driver seem very tiny (Trump like ;) )
    Compared with all the other sims, the driver seems to be 12 years or so in size.
    And the hands are not proportional but seems to be from a 10 year.
    I only use it in VR , but there is stands out like a sore thumb, phun intended.
    I know there are more important things, but please add it to the ”to do” list.

bravotangosix likes this.
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I hope we will get a whole new driver model in somewhat near future updates even though it has never been mentioned by S397 (that I've seen anyway) as a nice little surprise ! Its so needed .

Alex72 and Steve Olden like this.
  3. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

Having the choice of driver shapes in the upgrades for cars would be very nice to have karts for example with all different shape and size drivers on track as AI would be much more realistic.

4. whip

whip Registered

everything is too small, the cars as well especially, it's scaled for the vive using steam vr

5. moonm8trx

moonm8trx Registered

Couldn't agree more. I'm a bigger guy and would love to be able to change the size of the models. Also, the car does look small in comparison to AC and iRacing. Is it possible to adjust the scale? I'm using oculus.

6. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Allways found the helmet too small in rF2, guess it changed meanwhile, but if the helmet is so small, without the helmet the driver would look like he has microcephaly :D

7. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Agree the driver model makes Herman Munster look hansom and should have been replaced years ago. And so the helmet. It's a egg. Type only for F1 or open wheel. There are 3 party helmets in mods not ISI or S397 that are better but their mod specific. The driver 99% of the time is ISI's.

Size is a different matter. I don't use or ever have used VR so have no visual reference to how it look through it. But I can tale you the driver and helmet are placed in the cars cockpit during the in game process through 3D Max or SimEd were it's moved and sized to fit the car. So if as one has said the helmet size doesn't match the drivers body would be the fault of the guy doing it. Not the model itself.

What's not done but in my opinion should be is the cars cockpit, seat, paddles and steering built in the 3D program "around the driver model". Not trying to fit the driver into a cockpit that is all of the time built first by using pictures and a lot of artistic license to do.

But this is about VR. Not the driver model in general so please do as the dev's do and ignore feedback that implies criticism whether it is or not.

8. EricW

EricW Registered

Not sure if the rigging also has to be changed to accommodate more advanced driver models and what else makes it hard to change VR specific content for RF2...
    But I happen to know a very talented (VR and character design specialized) game-artist looking for a job preferably in the Netherlands.

9. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

The driver model in VR is quite disturbing...when you look down at your legs it looks as though you have been run over by a steam roller.

10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Yeah, cars feel smaller compared to AC or other sims.

11. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

In Vr .
    IMO ACC driver model feel correct .
    Race Room and pCars2 have a nice option to increase or decrease scale , not perfect but it helps .

Hopefully in the future rF2 will address the scale of some cars and driver .

12. Binny

Binny Guest

i would have thought all mods and tracks would have to be set to a scale to use in rf2.