Half the grid disconnect on formation lap (3x)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by C. Banger, Jun 22, 2018.

1. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

During an online race yesterday players were getting disco'd at the start of the formation lap. Stock Car 2015 @ Daytona Superspeedway. It happened 3 times - and it was always cars on the outside lane. After the 2nd time the server was rebooted. Apparently something similar happened at another oval race on Sunday.

This was the 3rd attempt. 18 cars start the formation lap and 7 get disco'd.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/275925604?t=01h08m29s

2. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Was there a guy with a special symbol in the name? i.e ñ, ü etc?
    There is a bug which occur during the formation lap of the rolling start, the guy who have the message, for example, "follow İlkay Gündoğan in the right line", will crash.

EDIT
    Yes, is Wießer, and indeed the 1st driver who crash is Tal, the guy who got the message "Follow Wießer". Then Bozo, Halili and so on.

Wießer must replace the ß with a conventional letter, at least until we get a fix from S397.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Risto Kappet, SRGP and C. Banger like this.
  3. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

He is a regular and has taken part in many races which include formation laps. He was on the outside line on all 3 starts. Does this bug only happen on ovals?

4. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I don't know, but i saw this happens in race tracks as well in the leagues where i race.
    @overtheline can confirm the issue and the way to solve.

Edit again:
    there are no problems with the formation lap, the issue occur with the rolling start, or during a safety car phase.

C. Banger likes this.
  5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

We had a three player disconnection as well on Tuesday before our league race. I cannot remember in which session we were.
    After re-entering everything went fine.

Something similar seemed to happen to the host during the endurance pack twitch presentation.

6. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

Ok, that makes sense. They don't have many rolling starts - oval races being the odd exceptions. Thanks for all your help ;). Really appreciate it. At least we know the cause and how to avoid it. Hopefully there will be a permanent fix soon.

Well that must've been embarrassing !!

7. Florian W.

Florian W. Registered

Had to register, guys can you please not use my real name :) (edit it pls)

I had no issue joining the server, the profile name was accepted too. Practice and qualy fine until i placed my car on the track for the race it seems. AMS kicks you immediately upon joining a server, just rfactor2 things xD.

C. Banger likes this.
  8. overtheline

overtheline Registered

what krusti says is true. we had a similar issue and it was only under certain circumstances, however what they all had in common was a letter in the name of the person in front which led to a game crash.

C. Banger likes this.
  9. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

Late update. All names were changed to conventional letters and a race with rolling start went OK. A couple of people disco'd at the start but don't think it was related to this bug.

10. Sid1968

Sid1968 Registered

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    C. Banger likes this.