[REL] Next Gen Mod Team - BTCC NGTC Touring

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by WSVR, Sep 25, 2014.

1. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

2. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Nice release, well done.
    Any plans on doing a 4k skin pack?

3. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

Great mod, had a lot of fun driving it, but noticed something funky going on with the rear lights of some of the cars.
    with opponent textures set to medium one of the cars had big flat panels where it's rear lights should be. (this improved with texture set to high)

A lot of the other cars their rear lights glowed green when they brake. The Focus had a really glary top brake light. The Lancer just glows generally.

(I don't think I was imagining it, but it was late at night when I tried them)

4. WSVR

WSVR Registered

Steve, I think you have a different older mod, our does not have a Lancer.

5. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

the Lancer is seperate, filed under "Fictional". I obv just assumed it was an add on.

TC.jpg

Daniele Vidimari likes this.
  6. SmashingPants67

SmashingPants67 Registered

Can't wait till the arrive of the Passat CC to play as my favorite driver of BTCC 2018, Aron Taylor-Smith (Former Aron Smith?)

7. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Yeah mate it's an older mod. Have to say it's sad that the Lancer didn't make it into the new regime as it was tons of fun to drive.
    The Subaru is very similar in it's behaviour though so not all doom and gloom.
    @WSVR BTW I'm loving the new pack, ran some laps around Monza in them and had a ball.
    Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but can't seem to pick just 2018 in offline race. I select the Merc, MG, Sub and Astra and get 2017 and 2018 in the line up (plays havoc with crew chief, tells me I'm first but it's in class not on track). Is this just me?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  8. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I'm in the same situation. I unsubscribed and resubscribed to make sure I only had the latest content but in game I can see cars from 2011 to 2018 (all the same Steve is showing in the picture). Chose all the opponents at first and got those glary brake light caused by old content.
    So went back and chose only the 2018 ones (MG6, Levorg and A45) and the glare disappeared so no big deal there, but the classes for the opponent filter are grouped by car instead of year of competition so it mixes 2017 and 2018.
    As a suggestion, wouldn't it make more sense to group the classes by year instead of by car?
    The workaround is adding AI manually but if this could be fixed it'd be great.

Drove them just for a bit but they felt really good. :)

9. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

We can't do the classes by year because we have a RCD file (for ai talent). So if we do it by year we'd end up having 8 different RCD of the same ai talent. It's easier to collect them under one class name, BTCC_Astra, and then have all the drivers listed in there.

We've listed each driver with the year that skin/driver was from, so if you want an accurate BTCC year race, you have to manually select them by adding each ai. I get it's more long, but for us it seems messier to have BTCC_2017, BTCC_2016 etc.

Also, the previous cars will not be included with these set of cars. They will return under a different banner, with the new rain/damage features and newer physics.

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

How can I donate for you?

11. WSVR

WSVR Registered

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

13. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Adding a year class to the "Classes" line in the veh, I don't really see as being too much of a deal breaker. If the ai is a little off, I'm ok with it. I personally would like to race against that years opponents than ones from them all mixed together. If people want better ai, they can select the car class, but having the year as an option, I don't think is hurting anything. It's a little easier to justify at the moment as there is a separation between the cars from this release and the last release. Just my 2 cents.

VirusGR42 likes this.
  14. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

If you add another class to the "Classes" line, then the talent file for the ai no longer works. We've tried adding both, and you end up having "slower real life drivers" being quicker than "fast real life drivers". We get requests for a competitive, realistic ai, and we get requests for individual year selection.

We've gone with having realistic, competitive ai. We can look into it again, perhaps s397 have updated the rcd file to work with multiple classes. But as far as we know, if you add more than one class it screws up the ai. Thanks for the feedback.

15. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

i have to chime back in on this thread as Ive had a chance to drive these cars.
    Have to say these are damn fun to drive. a particular style of driving is needed for the FWD. the torque steer is really done well, u really feel it. bit of setup change here and there helps but these are great cars to drive around oulton park etc. they really shine.

well done guys.

pkelly and bears like this.
  16. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

So just trying to understand this......If I choose to drive a 2018 Levorg and add AI manually (only 2018 cars) and a few official BTCC Civics, will the talent files work in that scenario? Or how can I ensure the talent files will work?

This is all very interesting to me and want to understand what you can and you can't do, because I've created some talent files for the GT3 and GTE packs but I've never got them to work properly.
    I usually set more than one class to the cars and in races I usually combine virtual drivers with the original content (just like adding the Civics along with the BTCC mod) so not sure if doing that screw things up.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  17. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

At the moment, we have no Class setup as "BTCC_2018". It's only car name classes.

To get talent files (rcd) to work you need to tell them what class (from the veh file) is it looking for. From my understanding and experience, if the veh class has more than one it means the rcd talent file doesn't work. We do it so we can realistic driver performances. So Colin Turkington should be a top driver. But if there is no rcd then the ai are randomly selected for performance.

We're looking into it. We could just do classes by year. So 2018 models are BTCC_2018, but it means you couldn't select by car then. And if you wanted to race all the Mercedes' then you'd have to click every year and then remove all the non-Merc's when in game.

We'll get it right...hopefully!

Emery, fsuarez79, Corti and 1 other person like this.
  18. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

I was wondering what the Subaru's EXTRA6.dds file contained. It is being referred to in .VEH, but I can't really find it anywhere on the car.

19. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Work still on going for the new cars. Been working on some visual changes to the shaders on the merc. But can anyone see the changes? o_O
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

F1Aussie, pascom, FuNK! and 10 others like this.
  20. senormen

senormen Registered

. . . me me me . . . i can see the changes :D

Eddy, StrawmanAndy and The Iron Wolf like this.