Race not starting / AIW slow to 11mph

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by machine, Jul 31, 2018.

1. machine

machine Registered

I have this issue where every time I edit my aiw file recently, the Race is not starting / AIW slow to 11mph. I fixed it once on my Bristol. I had an old working AIW, and a newer bad AIW. A comparison showed a few lines and I changed them. But now I deleted those files some time ago. I have the same issue at my Daytona track. I have been editing the wp_perp & wp_normal at the points where track merges to pit lane. (This is what I changed at Bristol to make it work)

Anyone else had this issue?

2. machine

machine Registered

Add info. The last thing I added was a new AIW line PACECAR. Did all the extra aligning of pit entry and exit. After this, the race does not start.

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Is it on all starts, or fast rolling? I think if the field gets too spread out, it won't start.

4. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I have had strange ai behavior if pitlane corridors overlap the main track. Also if the 2nd pitlane isn't capped.

5. machine

machine Registered

Fast rolling works. Just tested, field is packed close in normal start. No start!

6. machine

machine Registered

Just fixed pit corridors so they don't overlap main, the other way. Corridors, Cut and Walls (All 3 corridor options)
    Same thing!
    There is no 2nd pit lane

7. machine

machine Registered

Never had this issue before. Only last couple of builds.

8. machine

machine Registered

9. machine

machine Registered

It is not that. Tried with pit wall all the way along. Redid corridors. I left wall in for test. Still no green.

10. machine

machine Registered

I did manage to fix it. It was something else. Will elaborate soon. There seems to be a number of things that cause this condition.

Gilles Benoit and Nibiru like this.
  11. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Well done!! You have been busy today then ;)
    Looking forward to reading your findings o_O

12. machine

machine Registered

There seems to be a number of things that can cause AIW problems.
    Obviously capping any extra garage lanes is one.

Aligning the corridors so they are parallel to track can cause race to not start/AI go slow (As below)
    The pic below show the lines not lined up. Can only be fixed by manually changing in a text editor.
    This fix my not start issue at Bristol, but did not have any effect at Daytona.
    wp_pittomain_01.jpg wp_pittomain_02.jpg

The way-point connection lines show in the pics below correctly. It seems sometimes ModDev adds some of these lines on the wrong side of the pit lane timing gate. (Deleting 3-4 at each end of pit lane is what fixed Daytona)
    wp_conn_dayt_02.jpg wp_conn_dayt_03.jpg

The same pic of Phoenix. (How it should look - if there are connections between track and pit paths, there might be issues)
    wp_conn_phoe_01.jpg

And how the corridors can cause issues. Here is how they look when done right )Not overlapping) This causes issues sometimes - Did not fix Daytona
    corridors_01.jpg

13. Bernd

Bernd Registered

It's some time ago, that Chris (redapg) has made a kind of tutorial for this kind of problems.
    Maybe it can be helpful.
    You can find it here:
    http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlin...ile=Solving_corridor_caused_trackproblems.pdf

And he told me that, if you add pit path extensions, that you have to cap these with the 'cap end of segment' function in the aiw editor.
    If you don't do it, the game can crash in multiplayer.

14. machine

machine Registered

Thanks. I have that. I added a pace car line to my Bristol today. Without touching anything else, it added waypoint connections most of the way around the track. Had to delete manually each one. They come back every time I make a change. Annoying.

15. machine

machine Registered

Another track, same problem. Race not starting. I have been through all the so-called fixes. Nothing works. Getting sick of this!!
    Just don't know what else to try.

16. machine

machine Registered

Changed second garage line from from wp_branchID=(2) to wp_branchID=(1) (Still an issue from rF1) I dont think that fixed it. (about 40 waypoints points manually changed in notepad)
    Some other WP_PTRS= changes which appeared wrong.
    Removed a line just below [Waypoint] Something about special waypoint start. (I forget exact name - it does not appear in any other tracks I have)
    Showed only main waypoints and did a reset oriantation. This probably fixed it, as race is starting now!

Hazi likes this.
  17. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Thanks for everything you do and presenting the "solution" also.