Latest Roadmap Update - June 2018

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Marcel Offermans, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Louis

Louis Registered

I believe this video above represents better, but user @C3PO could give a definitive answer

edit: i mean the "blurriness", not the fov that seems a little strechted (vertical)

ps: i think in the first vídeo that thing that closes the helmet is open

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  2. Louis

Louis Registered

or people could try a helmet and see :D

3. bwana

bwana Registered

It’s got to be licensed

4. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

I didn't see anything in the roadmap about further optimization of the graphics engine for both VR and non-VR applications. Is this still an area of focus or is this pretty much the optimization we can expect?

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

With matters that are out of your control, lower your expectations to lessen any disappointment.
    Sometimes pessimism gets to gloat "hey optimism, :p, told ya so". :(

I assume the new UI is their #1 priority, then......

6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I am actually dreading it XD

7. Depco

Depco Registered

I am looking forward to the new UI with significant anticipation. It would have been nice to get some more information in this roadmap as to how long before it is ready. But I suspect they don't have a solid answer so I'll take it as a case of no news is good news. The release of the Endurance Pack has sated my appetite for a bit and I feel no impending anxiety currently... we'll see if that holds for another month. LOL

Adam Helyes likes this.
  8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Agreed , think the new UI will be a nice shiny step forward for rfactor2

9. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I would really like to know what is the progress of the new UI in the next road map, I mean we can say to ourselves :

if all goes well, in less than 3 or 6 months we will have the new UI.

Just a minimum of information.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  10. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Here you go, sneak preview to put you out of your misery.
    "Latest Roadmap Update - July 2018
    We are still working on the UI. We are progressing through the Interface part. It will be released."

AMillward, UsedMomo and Adrianstealth like this.
  11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

There has to be a time when they decide to actually release

I’m guessing sept/Oct time

12. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

What year?

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

(-;

Adam Helyes and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  14. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

I don't doubt the July roadmap will once again focus on content. That's because it seems to be all they have to talk about. We need updates to the Sebring, Portland (supposed to be ready in a couple of months - is this laserscanned or not?) tracks (and I don't doubt we'll get one on Zandvoort also and maybe Botniaring though they aren't important in the great scheme of things) and we also need one on the Tatuus formula cars. Given it is July/August and most Europeans are on holiday I'm not expecting much other progress. But there is urgent need for a UI push for Sept/Oct timeframe and also one for competition infrastructure other than scrabbling to throw something up for another McLaren competition that is half baked like last time. If we don't get a UI delivery by end of year, that will be a very bad sign indeed. Some momentum has been built from a good Endurance release but as far as we know there is nothing else this significant in the content pipeline and no published plans for any other significant features either. It's all about the UI, now, so some show-and-tell or actual commitments to delivered features in that is going to be important for the next couple of roadmaps. One will trumpet Sebring as the first laserscanned track but I'm a bit worried all resources will have to be thrown at that to make it viable to drive/race on, but that shouldn't affect UI/infrastructure work.

ACC Early Access will arrive in a couple of months and iRacing is getting closer to dynamic time of day and AI releases probably by end of this year or Q1 next year. ACC will lack a properly formed online competition infrastructure initially so most of what they have will be offline capability but iRacing will have finally released something more meaningful for offline drivers/racers for the very first time. Both are going to be very strong and going after the prime areas for rF2.

15. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

We also could be happy about the progress rF2 has made which had never happen with isi in the past. rF2 is still growing, also its progress-speed will increase over time, i am pretty sure.

16. Filip

Filip Registered

ACC full game is scheduled for release in 2019 Q1 (probably not before march)