Released NOW Available Sebring International Raceway!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 27, 2018.

1. AMillward

AMillward Registered

My PC was 550 Euro equivalent and runs fine.

Alessio Feletto likes this.
  2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Just had my first few laps,and boy it didn’t let me down,the track is alive,coming from iracing to rf2,I was used to laser scan tracks ,and didn’t really miss them one bit.

But the fidelity and ffb generated by this track has me again wanting mwoar laser scanned tracks,it just feels so much better than iracings version,but I suspect that has a lot to do with the physics and ffb generated with laser scan track.

i didn’t notice a hit in performance for my lone hotlaps,will see when I add ai.

Some folks who are used to iracing have said this version while really good,is too bumpy,yet fail to note their version is ten years old,and we don’t know how detailed their mesh is.

Either way,this is just brilliant,thanks s397,best money spent with rf2 so far

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

If I get home not to late I’ll purchase & try

Rfactor2’s supior ffb & good lasered tracks ......MMmmmmm nice

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  4. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Awesome stuff.....thank you!!!

....can not believe people are complaining about $10.49.......

lbird, ede78, Alex72 and 4 others like this.
  5. andrea_274

andrea_274 Registered

Track is fps hungry, but not unplayable. Sure not totally optimized.
    I need to lower some settings (PE high->mid, circuit detail full->high) to reach 50/90 fps with 28 AI and sunny weather.
    Anyway, driving RSR at LS Sebring is a blast!

ebeninca and Louis like this.
  6. Depco

Depco Registered

I dont disagree that S397 needs to continue to optimize the track and hone their track building chops. But I am playing on a computer I built for $1100.... 4 years ago. It plays VR with acceptable (45) FPS and some minor, non game breaking, graphical anomalies. If you are running a potato computer from 6-7 years ago or you purchased a low spec "gaming" computer from that era I would expect that you would have some issues running this more demanding track. The fact that the track is 1.2 GB in size and another almost 300 MB of update should tell you alot about the track and how detailed it is. Most other well made tracks weigh in at around 500 MB at max.

I think listing your computer specs would be more helpful. If you have listed them in another post I missed it. Although I did not look into any other posts you may have made.

AMillward likes this.
  7. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I rephrase :

1)

100% of my COMBOS track + cars gives me 99.9% of the time at least 60 FPS without lag.

2)

I never change my settings (graphics, no rain, 12:00 AM, mirrors, 8 AI visible, 20 AI, mostly cloudy, auto FPS limit 60. Never ..).

3)

TO HAVE THE SAME PERFORMANCE AS ON 100% OF MY COMBOS TRACK + CARS, I HAVE TO DISABLE THE AA, WHILE IT IS AT THE MAXIMUM NORMALLY (level 5) :

The problem is neither my PC nor the settings that work for any track + cars combo :
    THE PROBLEM IS THERE, NOT THE SETTINGS WHERE THE PC.

aguy0523 likes this.
  8. fab06

fab06 Registered

thx for this 1.3gb track :D

and if you do the Nordschleife in laserscan , i will buy a new Hard drive just for it ;)

PirroC, vittorio, B. Gant and 3 others like this.
  9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

[QUOTE="DrivingFast, post:
    THE PROBLEM IS THERE, NOT THE SETTINGS WHERE THE PC.[/QUOTE]

There’s ya problem

While I’m not staying rf2 doesn’t need to be optimised more,we all know it does,but when the graphical laid goes up,so too does the demand on our hardware.

You will sooner or later have to bite the bullet and upgrade your hardware for rf2.
    That’s just how things go.

I have a mid to low tier gaming pc,and have no problems that stop me from being able to play with triples

If you’re struggling with a single monitor,then the problem is indeed squarely in your court

10. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Just loaded up 45 GT3 cars and ultra graphics settings to test....not a single issue with 1920x1080.

Smooth 60fps and no drops or even hints of stuttering.

The details in the track are amazing.......little things everywhere. Well done :)

lbird, Duvel, mesfigas and 2 others like this.
  11. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Got a mid to low end GC and an i5, playing with 140-210 fps in an AMG GT3, mostly in the 170-190 range, no other cars.
    Sure enough I have lowered the graphics to medium but that's good enough for me.
    Comparing the performance to the rest of the RF2 mods I'd say it is pretty impressive, that's more fps than I am getting on most 3rd party tracks.
    I think that's more than I could have asked for in terms of performance.
    Of course, graphically there's a very wide range of hardware and settings that the sim must work adequately, just saying that for my system it is working great.

Mike Cantwell likes this.
  12. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Phenomenal good track
    iracing is jealous now
    i hope for Road Atlanta next laser scan.

AMillward and Mike Cantwell like this.
  13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

@DrivingFast , rFactor 2 SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS, DirectX: Version 11, Graphics: nVidia GTX 760 or AMD 7870.

As I understand you have GTX 780 and your PC has PCIe 2.0@ x16 support. The problem is that PCIe 2.0 has -30-35% worse performance than PCIe 3.0 which means that your GTX 780 has same performance than GTX 660/680 in rFactor2.
    I think that GTX 780/PCIe 3.0 at res. 1920x1080 has
    descent performance in rFactor 2, you don`t need 2000 € to upgrade your PC to PCIe 3.0.;)

ebeninca likes this.
  14. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Paid my money and just waiting for my s l o w internet to download it. That should take about 2 hours. :eek:
    Will post my thoughts after I do some laps. :)

15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

This is track that will make ppl from Iracing to come here
    and also a track that ppl will talk for a long long time
    Ryzen 5 1600
    8 giga ddr4 @2666
    XFX RX580 4 Giga
    1920x1080 resolution
    Track Runs stable at 40 fps under rain condition with 16 AI
    Details: everything Full except the rain which is at medium
    Antialiasing 5
    P.P ultra
    Anisotropic Filtering x16

S397 Rocks
    i have set the shadows at high and optimal.
    my system costs about 700 euros or less

ebeninca likes this.
  16. bwana

bwana Registered

Woke up and purchased.now to go and buy a pack of smokes for three times as much and a takeaway coffee and news paper for pretty much the same price sit in the sun , read the paper, finish my coffee, chug $4 bucks worth of darts and jump in the Radical for a weekend + of lapping. Yep way to expensive lololol .. Thanks S397

kimbo, jayarrbee36, Alex72 and 6 others like this.
  17. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

@dadaboomda = @DrivingFast. Their the same person.
    You have a 2500k for a CPU and a GTX 780. You keep going on and on about optimization in so many threads.
    It's your ancient, prehistoric computer. Buy a new one or accept the low fps.

C3PO, John, bwana and 6 others like this.
  18. Emery

Emery Registered

Just to be clear, the VLM Sebring runs 5-10% slower on my triple screen system, so S397 has likely done more optimizing than most people realize to put this much detail into the track.

jayarrbee36, Ernie, marmagas and 4 others like this.
  19. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

There's no denying the fact that if you derive your enjoyment from playing RF2 then this is as cheap a quality entertainment as it will ever get.
    Having lost the privilege to participate in real-life racing due to family commitments and financial worries, I feel lucky to be alive in an era where virtual performance has reached a level that places the woes of supporting real racing at a disadvantage in comparison, for next door guy at least, we were not all born reach.
    Having tasted the real thing to whatever extend applicable to me,I can attest to RF2s capability in simulating real-world cornering,for all intents and purposed, to be as accurate as it will ever get.
    There's no doubt in my mind that an RF2 sim racer would be able to apply the same driving qualities in the real world,given the chance.
    From now on I can put my money on immersion being the next hot thing in sim racing rather than physics.
    Keep it up guys and thanks for everything.
    I hope you get all that you deserve in return.

lbird, jayarrbee36, Depco and 7 others like this.
  20. Redpxl

Redpxl Registered

FANTASTIC track, really. This is by far the best track for rF2 imo. Been driving a few cars around for several hours, I don't think I ever stop smiling. With such a bumpy track, laser scanning, rF2's FFB and a direct drive wheel, it's just pure pleasure.

Great details and textures, but particularly the track pavement textures and reflections are really good and convincing (and that as been one of my complains on many tracks before).

Congratulation to all involve, you can be proud of this one, one of the best track available all around. Thank you.

C3PO and Jan Fulka like this.