GTE:When arrived Ferrari 488 GTE/FORD GT ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by laurent Boughazi, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

So the questions you are asking about licensing are ones we in general cannot answer here on a forum. At least not specific questions. When we are negotiating licenses with manufacturers that happens in private in the interest of such negotiations. When successful sometimes we can announce that we've signed a license and then again we usually need to go through an approval process before we can show and release such content. There can be many reasons why such talks fail, or take a very long time.

2. JRoque

JRoque Registered

Hello all.

Thanks, Marcel. You can't confirm one way or another but I'm going to guess that is what happened to the Ford GT and the reason why it was published by URD instead of 397.

As for BoP, I'll readily admit to dislike the concept. I get why it's done and how it levels the playing field. But, what's the point of making different cars, with different configurations and by different manufacturers if they will all be reduced to the lowest common denominator? Why not then give everyone the same model scooter and watch them do laps? Why would manufacturers be incentivized to improve their vehicles if their cars get butchered down to match the guy that didn't put any work into it at all?

Instead of imprecise and controversial balance of performance, how about if we have balance of weight and fuel? Cars would be weight-equalized and a standard amount of fuel would be allotted. Driving talent, aerodynamics and efficiencies (all things that can be improved) would win races.

For rF2 races, we can adjust overall weight of the car and fuel consumption rate to match across the class. Fuel amount would be determined by the number of laps/stints in a race.

Regards,
    JR

Mibrandt likes this.
  3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

There has to be a bop of some sorts within a sim for this type of series,otherwise folks would just run the fastest car,so basically making it a one car series,iracing has gone through this many times,when I was their the Audi R8 gt3 was fastest and rarely did you see any other cars on top splits.

With bops even though the goal is get similar s
    Lap times,when racing there are still dofferences made by the cars design,some will gain time on the straights but lose it the corners,and vicer versa

4. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

A lot of assumptions have been made within the community about this car, and let me set the record straight on a few things here. First of all Studio 397 had no involvement whatsoever in the "Detroit GT" car that URD published. Second, we would never ever publish a car under a fake name if we were negotiating a license with a manufacturer and such talks did not end in a signed contract.

5. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

In real life BOP exists because without it manufacturers would not support the race series.
    For example if you were Porsche or Aston Martin or Ferrari and you knew that an ultra low volume car was built by Ford to just win Le Mans with little allowance in it's design for practical use or sales volume and that it would beat your car that you are trying to sell, then you probably wouldn't bother turning up.
    So BOP is used to create a great spectacle and close racing. With it we get to see a great variety of cars on track from our favourite manufacturers.
    To see stock production cars battle you need to watch production car racing.

6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Ford intended to release a GT46 that was slightly taller for the road market.

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Idk why the community assume some things, the fact that Ales was hired meant only better quality on URD mods as he'd obviously have more and more experience.
    I guess it's kinda like the Reiza pack, people are assuming it is a colaboration while it doesn't look like one
    Well, as long as URD is not forced to stop making mods we should be good, this game needs more groups like URD not less.

F1Aussie and Levelup1 like this.
  8. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Because you still have essentially different cars with different characteristics with their pros and cons so therefore you still can make a choice based on preference, not performance which would it masochistic to take any other car than the fastest one by default.

9. laurent Boughazi

laurent Boughazi Registered

Thank’s very well Sir Offermans !

We will wait with envy for new GTE and the new BOP (can be more power for the Mclaren = 600ch Long tail ??;)

Aplushhhssss ;)

10. JRoque

JRoque Registered

That's true but having a car that qualifies as mass-produced is -or should be- a requirement for the class.

JR

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

With makers like Ferrari, especially historically, 'mass-produced' can't be a huge number. So then you have a relatively (for someone like Ford) small target in order to qualify. If you raise the requirement too high you end up with a field of Corollas.

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

It's like 400~500 cars sold to be able to make a GTE and I think a GT3 too. But then Ford GT should not have been allowed as it was racing before it was sold, neither should a mid engined Porsche ;)

nurogize and JRoque like this.
  13. JRoque

JRoque Registered

BoP removes those differences, or at least the differences that improve performance.

Look, I get it. I know the likes of Risi wouldn't even try if they knew they didn't have a chance (and we need Risi!!!). But there should be a class for them where they can compete with smaller (budget) shops, etc. Equalizing everyone to the lowest common denominator is not conducive to the improvements and innovation racing has produced over the many years. Makes for great racing, of course.

JR

14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Except for the materials engineering in F1 racing has not produced innovation for decades and this will not change (not even with electric cars). GT3 formula works, the number of current gen cars in the class is up to 13 or 14 + regional homologated cars like the RS01 and Radical, it just works.
    If anything many series in the world could learn with GT3, like Indycar for example, bring a second chassis builder, find ways to allow different engines in a semi stressed chassis, go for a BoP + homologation formula, homologate the cars (chassis + engines) for 2 or 3 years and watch the manufacturers get involved. Much better than going spec.

If there was no BoP in GTE the class would have died already.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Isn't that GT3 or GTD ?

16. laurent Boughazi

quickly fast gt3 update, may be the new Mclaren 600 LT Longtail????

Ferrari 488?;)
    FORD GT ?:rolleyes:

Or nothing ??:eek:

Aplushhhsss

Core I7 4770k/5930k/6700k. Tous OC à 4,5Ghz-Watercooling Corsair H100i/H110i V2/GYGABYTE SNIPER 5/ASUS ROG RAMPAGE EXTRÊME VI/ASUS ROG MAXIMUS FORMULA VIII/32-64 Gigas DDR3-4/Alim Enermax Platimax 1200-1500 Watt/GTX 1080TI FE OC +20%/ SLI TITAN X PASCAL OC+20% /Corsair 800D/900D /VIRPIL T50-57 MONGOOST/ Hotas/Cougar/Warhog / MFG rudder pedals / Oculus CV1 ./WHEEL BASE THRUSTMASTER TS-PC RACER-WHEEL ROSOF1 Ferrari modder SIMDISPLAY SIMR-F1/WHEEL MERCEDES F1-HAMILTON 2016 SIMULAJE « AKIRA ».

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The next McLaren GT3 car is the 720S ;)

18. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Interesting.:confused: Me and many others were thinking, that there was some collaboration between S397 and URD regarding the Detroit car. Many have seen this as a non-licenced "half-official" car. Thanks for clarification, Marcel.:cool:

19. laurent Boughazi

HI Marcel Offermans ;)

Please ,:DWithout revealing any big secrets, Studio 397 will it release new GTE / GT3 in 2018?

thank you in advance;)

Aplushhhsssss :D

Core I7 4770k/5930k/6700k. All OC 4,5Ghz-Watercooling Corsair H100i/H110i V2/GYGABYTE SNIPER 5/ASUS ROG RAMPAGE EXTRÊME VI/ASUS ROG MAXIMUS FORMULA VIII/32-64 RAM DDR3-4/Alim Enermax Platimax 1200-1500 Watt/GTX 1080TI FE OC +20%/ SLI TITAN X PASCAL OC+20% /Corsair 800D/900D /VIRPIL T50-57 MONGOOST/ Hotas/Cougar/Warthog / MFG rudder pedals / Oculus CV1 ./WHEEL BASE THRUSTMASTER TS-PC RACER-WHEEL ROSOF1 Ferrari modder SIMDISPLAY SIMR-F1/WHEEL MERCEDES F1-HAMILTON 2016 SIMULAJE « AKIRA ».

20. Jan Fulka

Jan Fulka Registered

Hi
    I would also like to have the GTE class expanded with new cars, and the functional details will come to me incomplete, the class has quite a success in online racing and more cars would help but understand that the question of the license is very complicated.

By the way, how does it look like the DLC Endurance Pack? sells well?

Thanks for all work :)