RSR Lamps on the dashboard missing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prolligan, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Prolligan

Prolligan Registered

Hi. Why are the ABS and traction control lamps on the dashboard missing on the Porsche RSR at rF2? Did not have the pack itself. I only noticed in videos.

AK1504 likes this.
  2. AK1504

AK1504 Registered

The dash LED´s are missing and the vertical ones on the wheel are permanently lit green which is also wrong. This LED are indicators for tire slip and tire lock.

Look closely at 1:15min

From latest iRacing Changelog:

Porsche 911 RSR
    - The dash-mounted slip lamp display has been adjusted to display the information provided by Laurens Vanthoor.
    - - The display functions as follows:
    - - - The left and right side display above the dash are for the left and right side tires respectively.
    - - - The display indicates wheel lock by showing purple lights for the left and right front tires, yellow lights for the left and right rear tires.
    - - - When traction control is activated, the lights will turn a solid blue color.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I don't believe this is properly simulated in the game (code) yet so those lights would effectively do nothing so they are not there, it maybe be a feature added in the future.

4. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

To my knowledge, the lights are no longer present is the latest spec GTE Porsche, and that is what S397 has licenced. There isn't any onboard footage of the 2018 spec where you can see this specific bit of cockpit, so I'm not 100% sure on the matter, but from what I remember seeing on photo's, they could very well be gone

5. Gevatter

Gevatter Registered

I'm not sure how to verify that this video is really from 2018, but there is a walkaround of the car and around 00:17 you can see the two LED banks on the dashboard:

6. AK1504

AK1504 Registered

I watched the Le Mans race and they still use it.... Btw. It´s a pretty new system that helps the driver and it would make no sense to get rid of it...

The C7R has this system too and it does also not work in rF2.

Travis and TJones like this.
  7. Kondor

Kondor Registered

The GT3 pack doesn't even have traction control, so I'm not exactly holding my breath for these lights to get done. They are pretty cool.

If you do want to see them working properly, check out the Porsche 911 RSR in iRacing. The lights are fully and correctly implemented there. For $12. For one car. Probably a connection there.

Alex72 likes this.
  8. Travis

Travis Registered

This photo is from the Porsche motorsport website and is the 2018 911 RSR:

[​IMG]

Onboard videos often show the missing lights..

Take your pick as to who is right and wrong!

marvelharvey likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The camera angle may not be picking up the lights, or, and I'm inclined to think this may be the correct guess, the last video was shot in daylight and the car may have settings to save battery power by NOT illuminating the dash leds when it's daylight. Just a guess. I would think Porsche would consider saving the power drain as much as possible. I've seen many cars over the years that consume more power than a battery can provide in a long race.

10. Travis

Travis Registered

Look at the onboard video, there are pods for the lights which are missing from the official cockpit photo.

Alex72 likes this.
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

This is a nice 360 video from the start of this year , just grab and spin the picture ;) The lights are here .

What is the purpose of the lights on the roll bar above the drivers head ?

12. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Nighttime illumination, I believe.

AK1504 and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Makes sense i guess.

Now something else that seems to be missing is the pump noise on gear change , I noticed AC's version has that Burr noise on gear change and wonder if we are going to get that on the cars that have it ?

AK1504 likes this.
  14. AK1504

AK1504 Registered

I`m done with spending time and money for content with missing details in cockpits, sounds ect. As for now i stick to ACC and iRacing because they get the details right and thats what i´m willing to pay for and expect from a "Simulation" :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    Morbo and 2ndLastJedi like this.