Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

House rules. Marshals say X, you do X. They say Y, you do Y.

Some series the overtaking car has to make their way around, other series the 'backmarker' moves out of the way.

The only time things turn ugly is when people decide their own personal rule is better and just do that.

Emery likes this.
  2. Filip

Filip Registered

Are you saying if a car in front of you in a traffic turns right indicator it signals you to pass him on the right side? :eek:

3. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Well, i guess very few people have tried to pass on left side in Aus like very few people have tried to pass on right side in Eu, with bad results i'm sure :eek: Anyway, track is not road, or better, racing is not driving on road, in a track day i'm sure you can use road rules if the direction says nothing.
    During a track day (i was a passenger) my mate had a brake failure, i suggested him to turn on the left signals, move to the left side and let other pass on right side (the next turn was on right). But it was a track day without any rules in this regard, not a multiclass race.
    I think it was the 2017 24h Nords when i saw some cars keep the right line and turn on the left signal to allow fastest cars to pass on left side.

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Problem is there will always be the empty head " I thought you said do X". :confused:
    Even scarier would be the Marshal replying " I did say that but you did Y!" :rolleyes:

One way to think about it is that driving on the road you are indicating your intention to others, you want to to turn right so indicate right and keep to the right.
    On the track you are indicating what you want others to do, you want them to pass on your right side so indicate right and keep to the left.

That's if they know the real road rules ;).
    Not the ones they "learnt" from clueless Mum and Dad because some peanut pen pusher thought that learning to drive by driving 100 hours with supervised instruction by unqualified Mum and Dad instructors is the best way to do it.
    Most people here can't even grasp the simple concept when driving on a multi-lane highway of keeping to the left unless overtaking but you can pass on the left.
    My daily 3 hour mini enduro drive to and from work is a non stop parade of people proving that getting a licence is way to easy.

5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@ADSTA where are you from mate ? :)
    same happens in greece :)
    they must import driving lessons and attitude in all schools.
    also dont talk to mobile phone when driving
    heeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

6. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Let’s be the only sim to have a feature that when your about to overtake a back marker,the track auto goes to yellow flags,a safety car comes out and rolls out a red carpet behind it,signaling to the car on lead lap to follow him.

Jokes of course but dayum,it ain’t that hard really folks,be predictable,and patient,get the pass done on a straight and before a braking zone,as not to hinder either of you.

Back markers need to realise,that they only hurt themselves by being difficult,it’s much better for them to use the slip stream of the faster car

And so too the lead lap cars need to realise being pushy will only hurt your lap time

McKiernan and ADSTA like this.
  7. bwana

bwana Registered

On single lane roads if your following a caravan or truck and can’t see past for a safe overtake a quick flick of the right hand indicator is a signal that your clear to pass , it’s not law but a Courtisy thing , not something you do in busy traffic but on open roads. Remember that we have lots of open roads where straights can stretch for a hundred miles

Filip and Goanna like this.
  8. Goanna

Goanna Registered

yep, and in some states here in Australia, you can drive on the same highway for 12 hours or more and still not have left the state. :)

Seven Smiles and bwana like this.
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Having taken part in an F1 league (modern cars) for the last 10 years, I've often been amazed by drivers deciding to stay on the line when they get blue flags because they've decided that's the best thing to do. They may cite other series where that happens, or they may just have taken that view and stuck with it.

So then you have to write it into the rules, because apparently what we've been watching for 20 years in real life doesn't count, and still they tend to not follow the simple procedure of getting off the racing line when they get a blue flag. They know better apparently.

For that reason I avoid a general "this way makes the most sense" approach. If there is a rule regarding this sort of thing (and obviously in mixed-class there has to be) then that's how you do it.

@ADSTA Before we had the 100 hour rule you just had to turn up to the test and pass it. Many people didn't even do a single proper driving lesson before that, and some of those passed the first time. Unfortunately many of those people are now parents :D (it's no wonder literally 80% of people out there can't indicate properly on a roundabout)

ADSTA likes this.
  10. bwana

bwana Registered

State laws vary on the roundabout indicator thing . Shits me no end in Vic when people use them to take the second exit . Might be ok else where but here in Vic it will cause more problems as it’s always been use an indicator for first exit or third but not 2nd.(straight ahead)

11. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

@Lazza I'm 50. I was about 13 working with the local milko 2 mornings a week.
    Learnt to drive the Hiace (?) milk van, 4 on the tree, very hilly area. Only lost one or two crates of the roof. :)
    Got my Learners 16th birthday, I think you had to wait 6 weeks before doing the test.
    I had my Provisional 7 weeks after my 16th.
    Got my Open 1 year later, never been disqualified or lost it.
    I've had about 5 speeding fines, 2 in one day Easter weekend, same f#^%# camera van 55 in a 50 zone. :mad:

@bwana Don't care what exit, I'm no mind reader (which would be hard these days as many people don't seem to have anything up there to read) so bloody indicate left after the last entry you passed.
    I'd actually prefer nothing than ol' sawdust brain indicating right to exit. :confused:
    It makes an endurance race seem very orderly and peaceful. There, finished on topic. :p

12. bwana

bwana Registered

its ok mate we Vics know the other states need as much info as possible to figure stuff out

13. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Hah....bloody Mexicans :D

In our league if being over taken we stay on the racing line and the faster car usually drafts and when he pulls out a small throttle lift(blip) is all that needed to let them past safely.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Annnnd that's why it's important everyone goes from the same rulebook (in racing). VicRoads says you should indicate when exiting 'if practicable'. Unless you're talking about people indicating left (or right? Really ADSTA? You've seen even worse than I have lol) from the moment they get to the roundabout, then still taking the second exit. I've seen that, and people going straight after indicating right, and exiting left after indicating right on the approach, …

Hey, of course this is endurance related. Here we are in one country with largely the same rules in this one area and we're not sure we're on the same page. Online races need clear rules, there could be 20 different nationalities involved!

bwana likes this.
  15. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

A minimum optional HUD spot help like the little arrow in AC would be very helpful.
    For dx9 I made myself a Plugin HUD indicator which actually included also the differences in speed to calculate moment to show up. That means it appeared say 1 sec before his car will overlap with my car and not just by distance. This gives sufficient reaction time which is most important.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Yeah, I had a POS car myself once :D

17. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Norma M30 is really interesting car to drive :)

Shawn likes this.
  18. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Endurance Pack Update 1

GTE

BMW M8 GTE 2018 v1.25
    - Updated tires
    - Minor physics adjustments based on BOP testing

Corvette C7R GTE 2017 v1.49
    - Updated tires

Porsche 991RSR GTE 2017 v1.49
    - Updated tires
    - Minor physics adjustments based on BOP testing

LMP3

Norma M30-LMP3 2017 v1.51
    - Updated tires

LMP2

Oreca 07 LMP2 2017 v1.41
    - Updated tires
    - Updated suspension

(top post updated)

19. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

When is the lift-to-drag problem going to be fixed?

lonestar29 likes this.
  20. Depco

Depco Registered

Thanks for continuing to work on these fantastic cars and packs.

pkelly and JuanP006 like this.