exporter crashing max

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by lasercutter, Jul 18, 2018.

1. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

I have been working on a track on anf off for what seems like a decade (probably is) and this week decided to look at updating it to the latest tech (rain and puddles) up until now I've been using Max 2010 but had to switch to 2012 to use the latest rf2 tools.
    loading the track in max is no problem but every time I open the GMT exporter max crashes, if I open the exporter without the track loaded it works fine but there is obviously something being carried over from 2010 tools that is screwing things up.
    I did search for this problem but found nothing so is it just me and my bad luck or does anyone know how to fix it?

Cheers

Dave (lasercutter)

2. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Hey Dave,

3dsmax 32 bits or 64 bits ? 64 bits doesn't work for me, but 32 bits does. Oh and 3dsmax 2010 still exports fine, even for the new puddles thing.

3. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

Hi JP.... was just uninstalling the 64bit version and putting 32bit on, didn't realise that 2010 still worked so I'll look at that too

Cheers

yoss likes this.
  4. McNolo

McNolo Registered

Install the 64-bit version, it's much better. After, DO NOT open the file, star a new project and make an import with import/merge. I think it will run in this way.

5. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

Cheers McNolo, I will look at trying that, for the moment the 32bit version is working so once I've done what needs to be done I might try the 64bit one again

yoss and McNolo like this.