Advice to buy new race wheel+ pedals

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by muzikant, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Bruce0440

Bruce0440 Registered

I had to change the load cell three moths later tham finished the garantee, 3 days beforee Lemans VEC race, so 50€ and couldnt run the most important RACE of the year, after being training during two moths.
    Except that, the V3 are ok.

2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Fanatec are doing their own DD wheel soon, I've read.

3. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Yes - and on paper, they look interesting, especially for those who already have Fanatec gear. They won't be available until December and we don't have any user reviews to know how they compare to the standards set so far. The DD1 (?$?) is auction only beginning July 30th so who knows how high they may go(?) The DD2 is $1499 (USD / Base only).

4. Bernardo

Bernardo Registered

If it works, I had a G27, I switched to a G29, then a T300, and I currently have the TS-PC. This last one has seemed extraordinary to me. Even better than Fanatec 2.5 (I tried it at a friend's house), in many ways. I explain. The Fanatec feels and looks more robust, but it has a defect that, for me, is very annoying. It is that there are certain circumstances in which it feels as if the FFB were disconnected. That is, when a lot is required of the steering wheel, especially in demanding curves, the car seems to float. The TS-PC, meanwhile, comes with a formula-style steering wheel, which is the most comfortable steering wheel you've ever tried. It has enough strength and is very detailed in sensations. And cheaper.

I have never tried a DD, therefore, I can not comment on those.

As for pedals, I have the T3PA-PRO, which I think are good, but I think they are not the best. I'm thinking of acquiring better ones.

5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

the disconnect feel from fanatec might be a proper setting issue
    i never had the wheel just saying.

6. bwana

bwana Registered

Sounds to me like your friends Fanatec was clipping

7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

or not properly set the minimum torque ffb

8. Bernardo

Bernardo Registered

Yes. It is possible that the minimum torque was very low. In any case, of what I reached to test the Fanatec and with the time I have used the TS-PC (3 months), I think both are very good options.

9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i used to drive with 0.75 gain from Thrustmaster control panel 0.60 gain from RF2 and 0.0% min ffb torque

"Was a disaster"

after i went 0.45 ffb gain from rf2 and 12% min ffb torque .....a whole new world opened for driving
    couldnt believe that most og me oversteering-understeering driving issues gone and automatically i became better driver cause steering wheel was by far more precise.
    try find the best combination of ffb gain and min ffb torque.

AMillward likes this.
  10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Might have a look at this. been running 60% ffb on the TM profiler and going by what someone else posted online that 'worked'.

11. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Beware.............different mod has different ffb feeling so everytime you use a new different mod car always check if FFB min torque needs a little adjustment according to different mod car ffb feel

David Kolody and AMillward like this.