AI strenght ASR formula cars 1991

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by André Gazzi, Jul 14, 2018.

1. André Gazzi

André Gazzi Registered

I have an issue concerning rhe asr formula F1 1991 cars for RF2. When I play offline the cars doesnt represent correctly the expected positions in the grid. For example, Ayrton senna and Mansel are often in the back of the grid while morbideli and nakajima happen to be in the top 3 very frequently. Is there any way to solve this?

2. Pales

Pales Registered

Hi Andre,

Yes, you can solve this. You need to adjust the individual AI profiles that have been assigned to each user. If you go in game, select the name of the car and then click AI EDIT (may be labelled as something else, my memory is poor), does it give you the option to change the spec? If it doesn't, you will need to do this from the RF2 directory. e.g. locate the car and notepad file and update it this way.

Slamfunk3 likes this.
  3. André Gazzi

André Gazzi Registered

Thanks for the answer!
    The AI Edit option is "blocked" for this cars...dont know why

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I bet they have no RCD file at all!

5. André Gazzi

André Gazzi Registered

Actualy I fixed it usind the hint Pales give me! AI EDIT option is blocked, but it has another option to configure AI strenght inside its own menu.

6. enduser

enduser Registered

I think a talent file (.rcd) the way to go, i see there is one but it doesn't seem to work atm.

If you mean the "custom ai settings for track/car class" option then all cars are under the same class so it shouldn't work, are u sure its fixed or by chance weaker teams where at the back for once?

In general to create a talent file:
    Create .RCD (txt and then rename) file which is named EXACTLY like class name in .VEH file. (ASR_OWC_91)
    Same for first line in RCD. Repeat class name.
    Put .RCD file in car main MAS, where .hdv and tyres are present and pack it as a whole.

In this case there's an existing talent file inside the ASR_OWC_91.mas which comes with every ASR 91 car, u can google how to use the rf2 mas utility.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

One thing about talent files, I'm not sure if this carried over to rF2, but in GTR2, which was based on rF1, if the rcd file had values outside the limits that were noted in the comments, then the file would essentially be invalid. So when modifying rcd values, try to ensure you have a template that lists the various ranges acceptable to the sim.