Stuttering in VR after mouse click

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blagger, Jul 12, 2018.

1. blagger

blagger Registered

After some months I tried rF2 again and encountered a problem.
    When using the Oculus Rift everything seems normal at the start of rF2 in the UI screen.
    But when I click the mouse button, I get stuttering. Also on the track there is horrible stuttering, absolutely unplayable for me.
    I remember that there was a problem with loss of focus after clicking the mouse button when I was on the track, which led stuttering. As a workaround I had to press alt-tab and the stuttering disappeared.
    After the update this trick doesn't work anymore. What is also new is that the stuttering also happens in the UI. This wasn't the case before the update, I think.

Anyone got this problem?

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Install the Oculus Tray Tool. When you are in the setup menu or in the cockpit, , use alt+tab to get out of the game, deactivate ASW in the OTT, click back into the game, so the stutter must be gone, but ASW isn´t working anymore, even if you need it. Wait a short time, and activate ASW with Auto or 45fps setting and click back into the game again. I should not stuttering anymore even with ASW. Please report if it had helped. it messes me up
    I have the same problem since one of the last Oculus Home Beta updates and it really bugs me

3. Depco

Depco Registered

Typically when people have the stutter after a mouse click it is associated with a loss of focus by windows. This may not be your problem but I suspect it has something to do with it. Do you use HMD only or HMD + Mirror?

4. Andregee

Andregee Registered

both. And the weird thing is, alone on track there is no problem, are there some more cars, asw starts to become crazy

5. blagger

blagger Registered

I just tried it again, and now everything is ok. No stuttering after clicking the mouse.
    Very strange, because I didn't change anything.

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I have to Alt Tab after every mouse click , been like this since getting my Rift !
    If i don't Alt Tab I get stutters and pauses !
    Very annoying but workable .

7. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Alt tab unfortunately didn’t work , I did suspect it was to do with Window update but I just thought —— ah next update of windows will fix this —- , but never did .

I was running the game and my fps were excellent but the game would stutter and then lag making it unplayable at times , this is using offical content, I tried settings all graphics lowest even resorted to only running 4 of 5 Ai but still stutter, after following instructions in video below windows tweaker has solved my stuttering, I now can run settings higher again and sometimes have full grid of Ai with little or no issue

Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 has solved stuttering with rF2 , it’s a pleasure to start up game .

Maybe it will help others .

8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  9. Narrowbackwing

Yes I have latest update version, fortunately for me it work a charm .

10. Narrowbackwing

Forget that crap I posted, game back to stuttering , but frame rate is excellent—— I’m lost .
    In Vr are most of you guys having a good experience, because rf2 used to run super good on my system but lately it’s a disaster, no issue with other Vr racing games , might need to do a clean windows install AGAIN ,

It’s the stuttering that’s my main problem.

Any advice be great .

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  11. elbo

elbo Registered

I had a big-arse stuttering problem upon the last update. I deleted the player.json and let the game re-gen it.
    Worked miracles for me.

vittorio and Narrowbackwing like this.
  12. Narrowbackwing

I try that tonight, fingers crossed

EDIT .... working nicely for now , thank you elbo , just hope it lasts

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018