Reiza + Studio397 + rFactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taris Henrique, Jul 10, 2018.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Really?
    Never heard the tipical sound...

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Sounds are just separated files that people may or may not include...
    If you are going to say the game do not have something better open the engine files instead of trying to hear a sound ;)
    AMS didn't simulate turbo before and it had the turbo sound lol

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Fucke yeah ! Oran park , SMP , Phillip Island , Barbagallo , Adelaide , Mallala and Symmons Plains are a few of my favourites , I just wish they were all fully updated and of the same high standard as some of the others !
    Having all the Aussie tracks is awesome !
    We are so lucky to have some obviously passionate and talented local Aussie's putting all the effort in for us !
    We even have @Mike Cantwell doing Lakeside ! Thats about a 5 minute drive from my house !
    Cant wait ! After driving his Queensland raceway track I just know he is going to do a fantastic job on it !

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Mate I play in VR and was just BS'ing about with @bwana and his 460fps , lol
    I just Googled 4k 144Hz and that was the first thing that came up :p
    I do have a 4k 55" TV that i do use for gaming and that's obviously 60Hz , lol and personally 60 fps is fine by me unless it's VR then is gotta be 90 .

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Im pretty sure all that was based on that early screenshot showing that Reiza car with what looked like rF2 engine .
    We now know that was just this situation we have now were Reiza are selling content to S397 .
    Hopefully Reiza are still making the move to UE4 like was rumoured earlier last year !

6. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Registered

Cheers. I read your posts on AMS forum and know you are VR guy :p
    I wasn't taking a stab on you, it was more of a general statement how manufacturers are trying to suck us in into something we don't need telling us it's the best thing since sliced bread (and 4k is useless for 27in screen). I'm pretty sure there will be some suckers buying that monitor because 4k is THE THING now :rolleyes:
    4k is great on 50in+ screens, but only TVs come in that size now. Unfortunately due to the input lag they are not that great for sim racing

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  7. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I'm really struggling tu understand this move, as i'm struggling to understand why Reiza should use rF2's engine for the next title. I mean, we are not in the 2025 with rF2 dead by then, but rF2 is being revived by S397 and they have big plans for the future, so what's the point to have 2 sims in the same time with the same engine? I'd rather understand a cooperation between both software houses, working on the same product.
    I can only see one thing, Reiza failed to reach the goal and is not able anymore to develop what they had in mind. That's the plan B.

8. lagg

lagg Registered

Or they are going to repeat what they did in the past, just like Simbin did with GTR

9. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Yes of course, differences in handling of turbo/atmospheric cars should be in the GT3/GTE cars, and there is nothing, Richard Burns Rally in 2005 was epic about that.

10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

And the greatest track on the planet: Bathurst.

bluet, 2ndLastJedi and F1Aussie like this.
  11. vittorio

vittorio Registered

... so you really don't know Nordschleife (but yes Bathurst is great)

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

13. KittX

KittX Registered

There's slight misunderstanding going around 144hz monitors - basically the monitor is capable to run up to 144 hz, but you can sync your GSync to, say, 110-120hz, and it will be just enough. (anything above 100 gets almost unnoticeable to me). I have 2K 144hz monitor and I synced rF2 to run at 120hz, and very rarely it goes below that, mostly in the rain from tv cameras, or when i look around in the rain. To me the very fast change of camera position + raindrops creates most of the slowdown.

14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Michael Knight......a knight driver.....doom dourou rou dou doum dourou ruou dou rou rou ....dou rou rou

Atsuki likes this.
  15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

16. KittX

KittX Registered

Yes exactly. And from my experience, even 144 fps is not that much of a difference from 120, and everything you do with above 144 is just transforming unneeded frames into heat.

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have a 144hz monitor with AMD's Freesync, but I have no idea if it is enabled.

18. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

must enable it from your monitors menu and must have a AMD card that supports freesync
    but i have heard that if you have a 144hz monitor then freesync isnt need it cause of high refresh rate of monitor

19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

What game more likely , and AMS will do it pretty close to full graphics at 4k on my 1080Ti ;)

20. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

4k in a screen below 30 inches doesnt make any sense to me. Specially in Racing games, which you dont need super detailed depth of view.