Released Brabham BT44B and March 761 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Alex72, Tompa, Fremen78 and 19 others like this.
  2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

thanks
    finally something for historics fans

suggestions for future improvement:
    -disable autoblip and autolift
    (or at least add engine failure if you don't lift trottle)
    -less stable braking
    -little less grip could be no bad
    -an historic trackpack, maybe by Reiza?!? (i'm ready to buy :) )

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Alex72, Fremen78, qusimano and 2 others like this.
  3. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Awesome, thanks S397!

Alex72 likes this.
  4. benborp

benborp Registered

I haven't had a chance to fully investigate but the front wing of the March will collide with the gearbox of the Brabham despite a gap of about a metre between the two.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

First of all thank you very much at all involved, especialy Mauricio and Pixsim who made an outstanding job with the March. I have been following the topic with great interest and waiting for a long time to drive that car in rF2. Superb FFB, superb visuals and - excuse me - a fucking great interior sound that just makes you wanna to go up through the revs and push the car even more. Same goes for the Brabham. Both cars seem to be similar in performance but unique in terms of handling characteristics. Next to that they seem rather easily controllable, maybe a tad too grippy as mentioned before. But that was with soft slicks, so that might be an explaination.

Now about my feedback and wishes/criticism of what could and should be improved:
    • the exterior sound is a total contrast to the interior sound, thus being unacceptable and sounding like an 8bit lawn mower
    • the Brabham and March are not in the right place in the vehicle list, if the standard is putting single cars into branches of brands (it is a little detail, but stuff like that calls for drama and makes releases look unfinished)
    • the car is listed with three different versions in different sections: steam says 0.1, the image in the menu (wich is pretty low res) says 0.8 and the car list says 2.05 or something like that (again a little detail but it seems rather chaotic and confusing)
    • Mauricio created some very nice skins for the March (especialy the Jägermeister skin comes to my mind), so why not add more of those beautiful historic liveries?
    • now about my wishes: I hope this is the beginning of something bigger. Knowing that the M23 is in the works is great, but I hope S397 tries to get more of those beauties. I am especialy thinking about the Copersucar from Reiza, aswell as the Hesketh and the Lotus that Mauricio started way back. There aren't any sims offering such cars in such a high variety and quality, so it is a big chance to expand upon that area (let other devs play the GT3 card at their parking lots :p)
    • with the new collaboration with Reiza there comes a big opportunity, that shouldn't be wasted: please try to get a 70's trackpack from Reiza. those beasts need a playground :)
    -

Alex72, lbird, Mauricio_Leiva and 4 others like this.
  6. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

It's in our bug tracker, thanks!

7. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Excellent work! There will never be too much vintage content.
    The only feedback I have to offer at the moment is: I'm still waiting for an updated tire model. As with the beta BT44b, trying to adjust tire temps with camber and tire pressure is like trying to herd cats and makes just about as much sense. Are the limitations on camber and tire pressures historically accurate? If so, I can live with it. Thanks for the opportunity to comment.
    Keep them coming!

8. Mauro

Mauro Registered

N.b. Unsubscript previous bt44b beta version
    or you have wrong bt44b car choice menu

pascom likes this.
  9. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Also, that beta item has been removed.

pascom, Mauro and bwana like this.
  10. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Registered

Thank you! Now I need to check them out

11. patrickkluiters

patrickkluiters Registered

Great cars!
    Only the Brabham BT44 is gone.(?) Yesterday evening I raced both but the BT44 doesn't show up anymore.
    Anyone an idea?

12. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

As said above. You was subscribed to the beta car. Just look in the workshop and subscribe to the new one ;)

13. Ernie

Ernie Registered

I've seen the livestream of the community race and i absolutely agree on that. The exterior sound is quite underwhelming and a big disappointment. It sounds like a swarm of mosquitos and not like this.
    IMHO the exterior sound is too high-pitched and needs more grunt.

14. Roland Larsen

Roland Larsen Registered

I have a small bug when looking at the march in showroom. Body rotates but wheels and suspension stays stationairy

15. bwana

bwana Registered

Was wondering where Mauricio had hidden , great to see your efforts rewarded !!and of course pixsims and S397

Mauricio_Leiva, marmagas and kiko0602 like this.
  16. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

on the default setup there is Camber difference left/right on front & rears..i think you should check hdv ;)
    [​IMG]

bwana likes this.
  17. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

btw great cars :) thx S397 and all included

Alex72, pkelly and marmagas like this.
  18. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Thanks for the release of these cars.

The BT44 does feel a bit different to the beta version. It seems more grippy in the corners.

As regards the engine sounds, I can't agree with folks who like these. They aren't accurate in either incar or external views; too high pitched even at only 9-10k rpm, sounds more like 14-15k. The Cossie V8s of this era were not silky, there is a lot more grunt in the sounds and in some ways a bit unpleasant especially at higher revs. Also, I'd like to see something done about the speed of the gear shifts. There is a long sound, but I'm using paddles, and the gear changes almost instantaneously, where in real life these used H shifters and so there would have been obvious lift/delay (I believe non-synchro gearbox as well, so rev matching would work well). Whether players actually use buttons, paddles, sequentials or H pattern, the car itself would and should respect the characteristics of H pattern.

Most of all, it is apparent we need period tracks for 75/76/77 as well. The 66 tracks aren't a great fit in my opinion. Recommendations, peeps?

Can we expect more liveries/skins?

Ernie and ApexModding like this.
  19. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I’ve noticed a difference between the s397 sounds and the cars that have had help from modders,like the endurance pack and now these.

If you compare the Calloway gt3 or Bentley to any of these Newley added cars,the sounds aren’t as good.

I’m not gunna moan about it for free content but for paid dlc,the standards shouldn’t drop.

The Bentley is probably my favourite sounding car,in or out of any sim

I wonder what the difference is between these enduro and historic cars that caused this

20. Mauro

Mauro Registered