Reiza + Studio397 + rFactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taris Henrique, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Ville-Samuli Mutanen

Ville-Samuli Mutanen Registered

It looks like S397 wants to harness every 3rd party developer for content creating purposes but unfortunately I think that's kind of a band-aid. Will personally wait for "Reiza 2017" to drive awesome Reiza cars in VR.

2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Don't let that be a deal breaker, the AMS tracks are very well made.

Alex72, Dookie, jlnprssnr and 8 others like this.
  3. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Registered

Considering AMS and rF2 are my two favorite sims, and knowing the quality Reiza is capable of this will be an instant buy from me. Cannot wait! Exciting times for rFactor 2 fans :D

4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

probably to the point an average joe sim racer wont tell the difference lol

5. Ernie

Ernie Registered

What i've seen so far on the screenshots ...

Cars:
    • Metalmoro AJR
    • Formula Vee
    • MCR Sports 2000
    Tracks:
    • Autódromo Internacional de Guaporé
    • Autódromo Yahuarcocha (a.k.a. Ibarra)
    I don't know if there's some more content in this Reiza bundle.

Emery, Mauro, ApainPlost and 3 others like this.
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Well at least this may free up S397 's time to work on features and fixes !

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  7. Duncan

Duncan Registered

Historic, Classic and Vintage content would be great ! :D

Alex72, muzikant, vittorio and 2 others like this.
  8. pascom

pascom Registered

Yes, i want more historic in rF2!

Alex72, andrea_274, muzikant and 4 others like this.
  9. Dan1

Dan1 Registered

As much as i like Automobilista and RFactor 2, if Reiza just puts his brazilian stuff here it will suck so much.
    I mean its brainless to just put your brazilian stuff in RF2 when you have such content like Formula 1 (2018,2017,2012,2006,1994,1989) you have V8 Supercars, Touring Cars and more, a official F1 car is very much needed in RF2 to not relay in bad quality mods.

I would prefer that they just port the DLC tracks, and the categories they have, all the eras of F1 and more.

But putting your Brazilian Cars / Track content only in RF2? i like AMS but i didnt raced these brazilian cars more than 1/2 times.

I hope they rethink this decision and announces Imola,Hockenheim,Brands Hatch and more with their good content.

10. filippu

filippu Registered

Those who are hoping for historic content, it seems you are in for a big disappointment. Of all the pictures posted, it appears it's only brazilian stuff. If there was a McLaren MP4/4 at Adelaide 1988 coming, or the Eagle Weslake at Imola 1972, we'd have seen the pictures.

11. Dan1

Dan1 Registered

The things about Reiza F1`s is that they dont have hybrid systems and they are not licensed so there should be 0 problems porting them to RFactor 2 and i think a lot of us would be more dissposed to pay reiza F1`s than reiza brazilian content like metalmoro and tracks.

muzikant likes this.
  12. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Will it? V8 Supercars at some of those shorter Brazilian tracks sounds like a great plan.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Alex72 likes this.
  13. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

You have to read deeper
    Before S397 came onto the scene Marcel had helped Reiza to move their product onto steam with the mother company Luminus.
    Reiza games are based on the rfactor engine. Not a very hard conversion.
    Speculating here but maybe Luminus continues to help Reiza and the payment is this pack.

14. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

. . . not only that, it may also draw more players attention to what Reiza has been able to offer that so many seem totally unaware of. Having a sampling of the Reiza content in rF2 may spur more interest in AMS and their next title. If Reiza can bring over their excellent refined handling, audio and FFB characteristics to rF2, it may raise the bar and set a new standard for all rF2 content in general. Such collaboration could be very good for both teams and all of the players in the long run. Hopefully, it'll be a Win - Win - Win scenario but, it requires some open-minded cooperation from all parties - including the players.

Nibiru, Zoaal, Taris Henrique and 4 others like this.
  15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I think this is actually smart from S397. In the end just because sim A has a car or track does not mean people will want to play it in that sim, and many cars and tracks appear in every sim anyway. Giving a chance for a 3rd party that has a good deal with a license holder to put it in your sim is a win-win situation for everyone, especially the player base.
    I said it years ago but rF2 should have a strong focus to become the Steam of simracing ;)
    I wouldnt do this tho, paying license and work hours money to compete with free mods.. nah. But I admire those that will do it. Hope someone can complete the GT3 grid maybe, who knows

16. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

In for the moment when all of us realize that the same cars and tracks can be run in AMS at double the FPS on an older DX9 engine. Hopefully, rFactor2 gets some much needed optimization by that point otherwise this is going to be pretty embarassing.

17. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

That is not an apples to apples comparison,so the people who realise that will understand.

People who don’t will say it’s embarrassing,now I’m not defending rf2,because it really does need a crap tonne of optimisations still in all arears
    But even then I can’t see rf2 running high performance like the lower,less complicated and in-depth titles do

Filip, bwana and AMillward like this.
  18. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Other people providing content should allow 397 to apply more resources to the optimisation, as someone said earlier.

F1Aussie and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  19. stonec

stonec Registered

Most Reiza car content has order of magnitude less detail than rF2. I would say 90% of AMS cockpits would look too bad to be used in VR as they are. I have no doubt that the Reiza content will run with much more FPS in rF2 compared to recent DLC like GT3 or GTE pack, simply because they have much less details in car models.

bwana, 2ndLastJedi and Emery like this.
  20. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Order of magnitude ? You mean it has 10x less detail than rF2 ? That seems...exaggerated.