Adelade _Heavy rain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Carbine, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Carbine

Carbine Registered

So as the title says i have just attempted a race at Adelade it the rain heavy as it was, GT3 class.
    I was wondering what kind of road spray others are getting caus i cant see a dam thing once i get reasonably close to the car in front of me, Is this normal i think there is a bit to much road spray it extends quite a fair way behind the car's making it impossible to race on the semi dry/ Race line.
    Also another problem i am having is that i cant get my tyres to heat up at all, I have lowered the pressure to rock bottem in an attempt to get them to heat up but to no avail. So i went the other way and turned the pressure up to like 188 ish still no change I have the suspension set to as soft as i can get it turned down the throttle response, HELP :D:D:D
    EDIT i ran 30 min practice to try and get the car setup but to no avail.

Thanks
    Paul.

2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Damon Hill said that racing in rain as heavy as that is like driving behind a lorry on the M6 with the wipers off.

When the track is at 100% wet you are going to have a hard time getting the temps up. As the track begins to dry out you'll see a temperature and performance increase. I've done a V8 Supercar practice session in similar conditions and only after 26 cars had been driving around for about twenty minutes or so non stop did the track begin to evolve into something that was driveable.

3. Carbine

Carbine Registered

OK thanks I did manage a 30 lap race in light rain and yeah the track developed a dry well some what dry line that i managed to follow :confused::confused: Just had to run the wipers on full the whole time except for a brief moment i got out the front when the AI pitted.

4. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Beyond about 70% it gets really difficult. Depends on what car you're in. Only ever tried the V8 Supercars at Adelaide though.