gJed Keeps Crashing.

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by bobdihi, Apr 11, 2018.

1. bobdihi

bobdihi Registered

I have designed simple track with a terrain with 3dsMax. Loaded it into gMotor Scene Viever and it works.
    Then I have converted the track to FBX and tried to open it with gJED. No luck. Keeps crashing.
    Tried to open it with 3dSimed and it does open.
    Not knowing what is causing the crashes I did create a simple plane in 3dsMax put on a gmotor material,
    exported it to FXB and tried to open it with gJED. gJED keeps crashing again.
    Lastly I have tried to open the existing track Joesville_Speedway with gJED and it keeps crashing.
    I ask with tears in my eyes what the hell is going on? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I've not used it in some time, but it might not work anymore. Try going to DX9 rf2, then it might work.

DaREALMastaD likes this.
  3. DaREALMastaD

DaREALMastaD Registered

I have the same issue as you do bobdihi, I get I believe a truncation error or something like that but I wasn't able to find a solution. I haven't though tried what Coutie mentioned so thanks, I will try that when I get a chance. :)

4. filippu

filippu Registered

There are multiple posts about gJed not loading, and the probable answer is that it's not supported anymore. Noone at S397 cared to reply on that subject for months.
    Even if it worked with DX9 version, what's the point ? It would be no good for the majority (I guess) of users in DX11.

5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

gJED is not supported anymore. :(

To make use of gJED you’ll need to revert back to build 1108 (DX11 or DX9) If you do revert back to build 1108. Reset cache in gJED.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    SPASKIS and DaREALMastaD like this.
  6. wizzfactor2

wizzfactor2 Registered

That is sad to hear. Will there be another editor for DX11 ?
    If not then they have screwed us.
    Ive been a follower since Sports Car GT and created my first track back in 2000 for the said game.
    They will loose a few followers over time if this is the path they want to go.

7. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I never really enjoyed using gjed. So I rarely used it. 3dsimed can do as good a job or better if you don't use 3dsmax.
    It's not the end of the road without it.
    I mainly use 3dsmax now but always check my work in 3dsimed to easily find errors.

wizzfactor2 and Mike Cantwell like this.
  8. wizzfactor2

wizzfactor2 Registered

You can still use gJed but only with RF2 DX9 shaders :)