Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Take care with photos of LED lights at racing cars.

If you watch them with a slow motion camera from the TV of real racing, you will see brake lights flashing.

You have to check the lights at real speed video, not with pictures or slow motion cameras.

Bruce0440 likes this.
  2. Javi288

Javi288 Registered

I noticed this seeing the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The taillights of all 991.2 (911 RSR GTE 2018 included) are as I mentioned above, a top line always on and four sections are the brake light.

The 911 of rfactor 2 doesn't show these details.

Captura.JPG

3. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Great mod but really unfortunate a theorical GTE video-game aka "simulator" without down-shifting limits for motor protection as real racing cars.

Really fake do downshifting as a F1.

4. RNeves

RNeves Registered

This just proves how good the endurance pack is...
    The last few pages are filled with people discussing about the advantages and disadvantages of having downshift protection...
    If the real cars don't have it, I think that it shouldn't be implemented, but if the real cars have it and it is not Implemented ingame, I couldn't care less...
    Since its release, this pack has given me tons of fun just trying to find a good setup for each car with motec I2 Pro and trying to beat some lap times.
    Enjoy what you have guys, it's awesome!
    Cheers

Travis, McKiernan, pkelly and 9 others like this.
  5. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Sorry because I'm not up to date about previous discussions about DS protection.

But I don't understand why there was discussions because these system is in real GTLM and GT3. Also F1 but at higher revs. That's not TOP SECRET... years ago

Yesterday I tried the Endurance Pack (GTE cars) for the first time and it's ridiculous, furthermore motor doesn't fails after 10/15 laps with hardcore downshifting.

¿paied mod? ¿really? ¿do we stay in 2018?

How can we read in the S397 roadmaps 《comparison with real data in Sebring》... is this a joke?... did you requested to Porsche to turn off DS protection in the ride-by-wire for your video-game?

6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Yes,for another 6 months!

What was your damage setting?

kimbo and TJones like this.
  7. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Sometimes it seems we talk about do a new video-game.

Heusinkveld did it with mods as Boxer Cup (Porsche 911 Cup) in Reiza-Automobilista, I don't think it could be so difficult include down-shift protection as build in a 15€ mod as real cars.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Well.. for that Reiza first had to code a gear box damage model and the downshift protection with it. rF2 do not have any of this so how can you add to cars something non existent?
    I do agree they should add it, but you are requesting as they simply didnt use a system that is there, and it isn't.

yippssy likes this.
  9. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I understand English isn't your native language so you most likely understood, plus I quickly posted that from my phone.

The bit about another six months was a joke, so forget about that.

You said "motor doesn't fails after 10/15 laps with hardcore downshifting."
    I wanted to know what you had the Damage Multiplier set at, did you have it at 100%?

I know in our league series using the S397 GT3 cars (yes, I know you are talking about the GTE) with damage at 100% there have been several blown engines from mistimed down shifts.

mesfigas likes this.
  10. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Yea @ADSTA it's clear that it was a joke, I understood as this way, thanks.

Sorry for the new replies about down-shifting protection, I'm not up to date with previous discussions inside this thread; I tried GTE cars at 100% damage multiplier and it looked as a joke cars, excellent mod but sometimes things like that are disappointing.

I hope Studio397 could fix that. Anything else.

Regards

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

@yippssy did you also try Mech. Failures, normal ?

12. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Well I just killed the engine in the Porsche in one lap, very quickly downshifting from 6th to 2nd at end of the straight.
    Damage multiplier at 100%. Mech Failures Normal, Default setup.

13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i played the simteck gt3 mode in a online race and i was in the first position the last 10 laps
    the last lap my tires was in a bad shape so i downshift to use engine brake so i could corner the cars without brakes
    engine died

14. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Yes of course. About basic rfactor options... I've been playing to rfactor for +10 years :rolleyes:

Try Road America, it's a good track to try, it has a few corners from 6th to 2nd gear. If you don't use auto-clutch you have to work hard with pedals for reduction to 2nd gear (default setup) but if you use auto-clutch (you know it's really difficult to find a league which doesn't allow auto-clutch) it's a comedy, meanwhile you have radiator to keep oil in temperature you can go on. Default is enough to try in Road America.

It's really disappointing for a GT experience in video-games. I hope S397 could fix that.

15. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Sorry if I misunderstood your post, but GTE's don't use clutch to downshift or to upshift, They only use it to get the car rolling.

16. yippssy

yippssy Registered

In rfactor2 with auto-clutch as default it applies auto-blip (player.json options) so it's easier do a massive downshifting without loosing straitgh line.

17. Filip

Filip Registered

I don't understand the problem.
    With auto-clutch on and auto-blip off I killed the Porsche GTE engine in one lap with reckless downshifting to 1st gear.
    What is the problem again?

ADSTA likes this.
  18. yippssy

yippssy Registered

The problem is a 15€ mod without a basic feature not implemented. Try GT3/GTE in iRacing, or Boxer Cup in Automobilista, in Boxer Cup from Reiza you will see a very good example of motor/gearbox protection despite you try to trick it with manual clutch (it turns to neutral).

I'm not talking about GPS system of real GTE cars to tell to driver if car behind is an LMP1/2.

I think we are talking about a basic feature to try to imitate real handling: motor/gearbox rev limiter to avoid dramatic downshifing.

In rfactor2 if you manage from 6th to 1st gear you can brake motor, but if you do down-shifting from 6th to 2nd gear (or 6th to 3th or anything else) you can do faster than in real racing (difference is really big when you see test sessions of real ones). In iRacing or Automobilista that feature does a more inmersive experience, I would like to enjoy that feature in rfactor2 because without it, battles for position at the end of the straight are really far from real ones.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@yippssy While I think many of us understand and agree regarding DSP, damage from abuse, etc, you would do yourself a favour to stop referring to a 15 euro mod lacking a 'basic feature'. It's not a feature that's in the game, and it's not just one feature (yes, DSP will sort of stop what you don't like, but it's only part of the solution), so making it sound like you're being charged for something that lacks basic features doesn't come across well - after all, it obviously has many good features and quality, even if it hasn't coincided with the implementation of one of the realistic aspects we would like to see in rF2. One of many. But, whether we like it or not, we need to be patient.

sharjeelr, Depco, kimbo and 8 others like this.
  20. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

"Auto Blip#":"Whether to automatically blip with manual shifting but auto-clutch (non-semiautomatic trans only)",
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the GTE & GT3 cars use a semiautomatic trans, so auto blip, even with auto clutch, does not work on these cars.