SOLVED Massive seat position problem in every car

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by SETHONMETH, Jun 27, 2018.

1. SETHONMETH

SETHONMETH Registered

I've got a problem where I can't move my seat position to where I need to in any car. I've done over 1000 hours in this sim with no problems and was able to adjust my seat position far enough back in the past, but now I can't do it any more. I stopped playing when PCARS 2 launched last September and just recently picked it back up. The seat position stops at -100, but I need to go to -130 or -140 to get my FOV to work right with my screen size. Otherwise if I'm restricted to -100 seat position it's like I'm looking through binoculars and I can't feel the car properly. And there is no other FOV/seat position combination that works on my rig.

So basically I can't enjoy the game anymore and I'm over a second off in everything. But if I could move the camera back by just a small amount there would be no problems.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    Alexandr Meshkov likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This is car dependent. For me the skip barber goes back to 160, while the honda civic goes back to 220. Try another car - if the problem persists it might be a file error of some sort, try verifying your files in steam, then try deleting/renaming your player.JSON file so the game creates a fresh one and see if that fixes it.

3. bwana

bwana Registered

What screen and FOV ?

4. SETHONMETH

SETHONMETH Registered

42" screen with FOV of 37.

I took the Skip Barber out and it went back to 160, but it wasn't far enough. It felt similar to other cars even though it had a different value.

I could be mistaken but I'm pretty positive that I used to be able to go further back. Regardless of that it's clear that I'm not getting the best feel with this and that a little seat movement back would solve it.

bwana likes this.
  5. stonec

stonec Registered

The view position cannot be moved further back much more on Skip Barber without going through the physical seat of the car. You can check this by pressing the freeview key ("U" on my installation), then rotating with mouse. The view at -160 position is already very close to the physical seat of the car, so even with more range available you wouldn't really be able to go much more backwards without going inside car elements.

6. SETHONMETH

SETHONMETH Registered

I took the Skip barber for another spin. -160 is definitely something I can work with. I'd like it slightly further back, but it works here. There is a small amount available to move back if you toggle free move. The cars I was having problems with were the new GTE cars in the endurance pack, the ASR 1991 F1 cars, and the project drift Supra but that's just what I've been using. I'm pretty sure most cars are going to be like this. I guess I need to start loading cars up and see which ones I can use like the Skip Barber.

7. SETHONMETH

SETHONMETH Registered

Okay so I just loaded up a few cars and I'm not having this problem anymore. I had created a new JSON file at some point but then deleted it and reverted, then I played some and messed with FOV stuff and it wasn't working, then it started working. I don't know what the problem actually was but I'll take the victory.