Welcome Message plugin

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Tygernoot, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Tygernoot

Tygernoot Registered

Hi Bryan,

The file should be called "WelcomePlugin.json" and has to be placed in the correct profile folder "..\rFactor2\UserData\<profile>". Usually the default is "..\rFactor2\UserData\Player", but you can create more profiles per dedicated server I think. (Sorry, been a while since I last tinkered with this :))

Let me know if you need further help.

Best regards,
    Ed.

2. doberk

doberk Registered

Hello, the plugin doesn't work for me. Where can I find the log?

3. Rafael Sousa

Rafael Sousa Registered

Hi, I made it work. My problem was that the plugin only works when the name of the pilot is the same as the one in the file "rfactor.name", if it is not correct in this file, the pilot does not receive ballast. I do not know how, but my pilot had a correct name in the game, but this file is wrong. So that I corrected, it worked correctly.

4. Tygernoot

Tygernoot Registered

What doesn't work? Nothing at all? If I recall correctly, the log is created in the same user/profile folder as the WelcomePlugin.json. If there's no log file at all, it means the plugin isn't running.

Hmmm interesting. Maybe with an old installation and after the many game updates something has gone out of sync. Either way, glad it's working now :)

5. doberk

doberk Registered

Yes, nothing at all. I have put WelcomePlugin.json file in UserData\player folder in my dedi server, and dll files in plugins directory (Bin32\plugins for 32bit version and Bin64\plugins for 64bit version). I have read entire thread, and I checked all solutions they have work for other users, but in my case it still doesn't work. I will check the log looking for more information, thanks.

6. Badboy

Badboy Registered

The plugin is activeted in pluginvariable.json?

doberk likes this.
  7. doberk

doberk Registered

That could be the problem. I have added the plugin to the CustomPluginVariable.json and now it works:

"WelcomePlugin.dll":{
    " Enabled":1
    }

8. Badboy

Badboy Registered

9. Depco

Depco Registered

I have the same problem on my server. The Welcome Plugin does not work. All files appear to be in the correct locations and the plugin is activated in the CustomPluginVariable.json

Our other server admin (in england) is having the same problem on his box.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Depco Have you run the Runtime installers on the server?

11. Depco

Depco Registered

Thanks for the quick Reply @Lazza. Upon further inspection I did not have the 64 bit .dll installed anymore. I dont recall deleting it but it was not there... I replaced it and voila. It started working again. I feel like a fool... Thanks for the help again.

12. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Is it possible to penalise a vehicle class rather than individual drivers? Would that be difficult to implement?
    The reason I ask is for multiclass races where we don't know which car a racer is going to choose until race day and the fact we have peeps drop in sometimes almost at the end of Qually. Easier than admin having to penalise a heap of people at the last minute.

13. Tygernoot

Tygernoot Registered

Sure, should be possible. I'll add it to the plugin.

May take a week depending on my availability though :)

Corti, nonamenow and McFlex like this.
  14. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Thanks mate. Of course when you have time. Not urgent.

15. Tygernoot

Tygernoot Registered

Right, I have made the changes, here is the new version. I have given it limited testing, but it appears to work properly :)

Updated the JSON format to include "VehicleMassOptions":

Code:
    {
        "DriverMassOptions": {
            "DriverX": 15,
            "DriverY": 25,
            "[ABC] DriverZ": 25,
        },
        "VehicleMassOptions": {
           "Class1": 10,
           "Class2": 15,
           "Class3": 25
       },
        "WelcomeText": [
            "Line1",
            "Line2",
            "Etc",
            "It is not recommended to put more than 5 lines for performance reasons",
            "The maximum length for each line is 95 chars, the rest will be truncated"
        ],
        "SendWelcomeTextEverySession": true
    }
    The DriverMassOptions override the VehicleMassOptions if both settings apply to the same driver. I.e. you can combine class and driver penalties, but the class penalties are set first, followed by the driver penalties.

v2.3.1 Plugin files (32-bit): http://www.tyka.net/racepad/downloads/WelcomePlugin_2.3.1_x86.zip
    v2.3.1 Plugin files (64-bit): http://www.tyka.net/racepad/downloads/WelcomePlugin_2.3.1_x64.zip

I'll only put it up here in this post for now, so you can test it out. Once you're happy with this version, I'll also update the first post in the topic. Enjoy :)

Best regards,
    Ed.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Badboy, Corti and McFlex like this.
  16. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Thank you mate. Will test a little later and report back. Quick work.:)

I think something has gone amiss. I keep getting the 2.2 version with those links.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  17. Tygernoot

Tygernoot Registered

Oops, sorry. Didn't change the links properly :)

Fixed it.

nonamenow and Corti like this.
  18. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

No probs mate. Thanks. Will test soon.

19. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I'm not having any success with the Vehicle Mass Options. Driver Mass and Welcome message are working for me though. Where does the plugin get the Vehicle Class from? I tried looking through the Source but it's all chook scratchings to me.....:confused:;)

20. Tygernoot

Tygernoot Registered

What we get in the plugin is:

Code:
    char mVehicleName[64];         // vehicle name
    char mVehicleClass[32];        // vehicle class
    The first is the name of the car (which isn't what we want), and the second is the class name that is also displayed in-game in the standings. When you look at the driver list in the session, you get something like: position - driver - vehicle class - split1 - split2 - laptime - #laps

As far as I can remember, this class is not necessarily the same as the ones you select in the dedicated server window when setting up the server. Those class names unfortunately aren't accessible from the plugin.

I'm not at my computer right now, so can't make a screenshot or check the mod files to compare, but I'll have a look this evening.

If instead you need those 'other' class names rather than the ones accessible in the plugin / shown in-game, we will require an update to the plugin interface unfortunately.