Endurance problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Patrick Rosa, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Patrick Rosa

Patrick Rosa Registered

Is there any pilot here racaing endurances, making turns with the AI?
    How do you do??

I’m trying to find ayn solution for my problem...
    Thank you for any help
    ;););)

Patrick

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

you click on the settings icon and then choose your opponents. Finding the correct cars can be a challenge if you have several other endurance mods installed.

3. Patrick Rosa

Patrick Rosa Registered

It´s not this kind of problem.
    I mean, you making turns with the AI. You and the AI driving the same car...

4. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Fill the car up, start first stint yourself, set fuel input and tyres for next pistop (in pitstop menu) get to pits when fuel is needed, drive out again, press i and ai driver will take over. When you set the fuel and tires right, ai will drive till, fuel is almost out, het pits, when ai drives out the pits again, press i and you will take over etc etc

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I"m more familiar with GTR2 [based on rF1] than rF2, but if you followed that procedure of pressing the I key with GTR2, the AI would take over without using the rcd file and thus be faster than similar cars. Add to that the AI would continue driving around until running out of fuel without trying to pit. I can't speak for rF2, because I haven't had the opportunity to campaign as much with it as I would have liked, but the only way to get proper AI Co-Driver behavior in GTR2 was to only change drivers during a pitstop AND using the pitmenu instead of the I key.

6. Patrick Rosa

Patrick Rosa Registered

Thank you for the explanation.
    In pits menu, i have just 3 windows. In a case of an endurance that i need more than 3 pits, the sequence of pits will repeat?

7. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

set pitstop in garage menu to 0. Fill the cat up at the start of the race. Before the light turn green press pause..then press the pitstp menu. Adjust the fuel ammount to max for next pitstop, choose yout tyres for next pitstop, press unpause. Start the race...adn everytime the ai drives, he wll come in when the fuell runs out, automaticly filling the tank to max because you set it at the start of the race. Now everytime the ai comes in for pitstop, he will fill up to max and drive out. So no need to set the amount of pitstips in the gargage. Have fun

8. gunner1483

gunner1483 Registered

just set one pitstop with full refueling. That is ok for every stop.

9. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I can't guarantee I'm correct so you will have to test this.
    The sequence of pitstops don't repeat.
    If you have completed your 3 pre-planned pitstops the next one will have you driving out the pits with the default setup.
    So you make the default setup how you want the AI leaving the pitstop, ie full fuel, med tyres.

10. Patrick Rosa

Patrick Rosa Registered

Ok! Thank you soo much guys..
    I’ll try those tips, and say here how the race was. Surely i’ll test before in a short race..
    I’m thinking in do some 1000km races (about 6 hours).

Thank you again!
    Patrick
    ;)