Open Beta: Simple Way to Clear 'Shaders' and 'Cbash'

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Christopher Elliott, May 5, 2017.

1. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Clearing the shaders has solved the issue. It's running as was before.

Thanks so much for the assistance. It's helped me understand the sim a bit better!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    toebee and dadaboomda like this.
  2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Addendum: Clearing the dust from the CPU also works wonders when this issue came back!

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It would be nice to have a button in the launcher that did this. It could also create fresh new player.json, multiplayer.json, (dx11) config.ini and controller.json.
    Bak files for original files would be created.

If the problem was solved, restoring one by one the old files should help understanding what was wrong.

I hope the idea is understood. Some reset to factory settings option with the possibility to specify which options you want to reset would be helpful for problemshooting.

2ndLastJedi, RaceNut, ApRS06 and 3 others like this.
  4. U. Daniel

U. Daniel Registered

I still have to clear shaders in build 1110, will this problem be fixed one day? This game is depending on mods, but many mods either cars or tracks can be responsible for unplayable framerates. I know how to fix these issues, but I can't recommend this game to my friends, because they wouldn't be able to fix it. rFactor 2 is sold as a complete game, but this is a big problem and makes the game incomplete. I like rF2 a lot, that's why I put up with this problem, but like I said I could only recommend this game to someone who has big knowledge with computers and some programming knowledge. It's very sad.

Karlis Vitols likes this.
  5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Hello.

Is it necessary to clear cbash and shaders with the latest build after changing graphics settings ?

Especially after changing the shadow blur graphic, because depending on the race conditions (wet/dry, AI on/off, race time) I change 3 parameters (AA, PP, shadow blur).

I take this small message to ask if you advise people with performance problems with AI to use the function "Auto FPS" (indeed this feature was not mentioned by S397 since years).

@Christopher Elliott

Thank you.

6. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

i deleted those files but still my beta cant start... only black screen for way too long... 30min...

7. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Does one have to opt out then opt back in to the beta to force the latest version to update?

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

no, every update should push you into the latest version, IF that is what you are currently using.

Voltaic likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

@DrivingFast It should be good practice to run that little batch file EVERY SINGLE TIME S397 changes anything related to graphics. Car changes, Track improvements. Just do it!

10. philman

philman Registered

Have you noticed that for some time now, the shader folder only contains a "dynamic.cache" file. No trace of the shaders anymore.

11. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Thank you davenhenrie, indeed I am using the Beta. Cheers

12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Has there not been any explanation as to why this "dynamic.cache" thing has evolved?? It must be very recent. A couple of weeks ago I updated graphics driver and when I used the clear shaders.bat file it didn't seem right, then checked and there that "thing" was. Maybe the updater clears it now?

13. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I'm not sure because.... We haven't had any clear official communication on this .......

But I believe clear cbash & shader is no longer needed under any circumstances.

14. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I have the tracks i drove last in there right now. Im not on beta though. Maybe that was what you referred to. EDIT: Is it the new menu that fixes it somehow? I am still on the old menu.

CBASHY.jpg