Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I was a bit confused with "adjust the mirror that moves the seat at the same time". I lie, I was very confused. :confused:
    Then you mentioned the right hand mirror. o_O That made me go and investigate and remembered, as the saying goes, things aren't what they seem!
    I bet (a carton of bundy & coke ;)) you where using the right alt when trying to adjust the right side mirror.
    Use the left alt.

2ndLastJedi and GrimDad like this.
  2. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Cool, any feedback you can offer will be most welcome.

3. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

When AMS introduced this shift protection it pretty much killed the sim off for me. Not being able to select the gear you want is really annoying.
    I'm not one who shifts down really fast nor did I think I was asking for lower gears at the wrong speed.
    I'm not opposed to this feature but if it gets added make sure those who don't want it can switch it off just in case it doesn't work.

I personally prefer aids off except auto clutch but this new pack still allows TC on the GTE's & TC & ABS on the GT3's regardless of server settings.

4. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Despite owning the sim for 5 years, this was my first race online. Finally racing with rF2 with humans AND driving the GTE pack brought a huge smile to my face. I somehow managed 4th out of 24 in GTE class, perhaps 15+ seconds behind 3rd and it was tremendous fun.

It's a shame that I haven't seen that driver number since. I saw 13 drivers last night, but nothing approaching the giddy heights of 41. Hopefully next weekend!

Brack Jabham likes this.
  5. oppolo

oppolo Registered

6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Try moving the seat forward a bit or turn the ignition on

oppolo likes this.
  7. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Showing the back of the garage :rolleyes:

8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I thought he was talking about display on steering wheel. :rolleyes:

9. oppolo

oppolo Registered

ADSTA and juanchioooo like this.
  10. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

My apologies :oops:

oppolo likes this.
  11. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

you are the last jedi after all

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  12. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

downshift protection...
    some people like it some others don't
    i don't like it
    but that's just me

Christos Segkounas and GrimDad like this.
  13. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Just so I don't ruffle too many feathers I want to make it clear that I'm not questioning the realism of the release, for all I know, it is 100% realistic, and lap times and data are 99.9999% correct. But, FOR ME, I just can't find the joy in this release.

On initial turn in, the responsiveness is astronomical, then past about 0.0001% of steering lock, all I get is massive under steer. Again, I am not saying that this is not 100% realistic, I'm just saying, it doesn't feel good to me. There is little sensation of bite and of overall grip.

Perhaps the GT3s tires have too much grip and possibly aren't as realistic as these GTEs, but they feel much better to me. The Radical and Vette are some of my favorite sim cars, I feel as if I can push them so hard and the tires are gripping the road like they're made from actual rubber. Whereas in the Porsche, I feel like I'm driving my Honda Civic on a wet road with bald tires... basically, just baby it around the corner and wait 5 second for the front to grip, or try and get the rear to come around a bit with some gentle provocation. Then usually hit a gutter.

Sorry S397 for the harsh critique. I think it's just my preference to drive cars that are not as stiff as these are. I feel that the more a car rolls around, the more grip I can perceive, and the funner it is. I think I will give the cars another try when I have more time and more patience to tweak things.

14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

very funny i have the opposite problem
    gt3 is not fun to drive for me no idea why
    the cars doesnt behave so much the way i like
    but this gte pack is phenomenal good with all cars
    i mean all cars
    its not just they made 1 or 2 good cars
    all cars are good to drive no exception

15. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

These cars
    I do not agree with "massive understeer". The most understeery GTE with default setup is maybe the Corvette but it's not even massive.
    The Porsche is slide happy as expected and that's what makes this car fun.
    Maybe increase the in-car traction control setting ?

GrimDad likes this.
  16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I can´t understand the discussion about downshift protection oder prevention. If you shift down at times where its possible without over revving the engine, it will never appear or disturb. If it disturbs while driving because it prevents shifting, then you would, without downshift protection, shift down at times where its not possible in reality and exactly this is used by many for themselves to prevent or minimize understeer in curves and thats unrealistic. They drive faster than possible without DP into curves, shift very fast down and and using the loose rear axle to take turn into the corner. I call this taking advantage of technical inaccuracies to be unrealistically faster. So the DP is not only a driving aid. Its a system that let you drive realistically

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    liakjim, Emery and David O'Reilly like this.
  17. Skan

Skan Registered

These, like all the other official vehicles drive fine for me with the default setup and TC off. TC and ABS off in options as well. Never liked driving aids. If the vehicle is spinning and sliding, it is because you might be having too much fun thus forgetting to slow down. No understeer here either.

18. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Mate no matter how wrong am i or how right you are the Downshift protection will come some day to rf2
    i dont like it and when i play cars with that kind of protection sometimes is meshing with my driving style cause everyone is downshifting the way he understands driving
    a lot of people dont like that feature which is a part of the cars we like to drive
    for example i play a lot Tatuus is assetto corsa
    sometimes i find myself completely off because i cannot downshit the time i have already decide before i even start cornering
    maybe i m completely wrong but thats how i drive

Christos Segkounas likes this.
  19. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

@green serpent
    Are you using the low drag aero in the tuning options?
    With the normal aero I also get lots of understeer

edit:
    @Andregee
    I'm old and slow & doing what you described isn't something I'd do. I drive in sims for the pleasure of driving and only drive with friends.
    I did say I don't object to it if it's done correctly but would like to turn it off if it doesn't work well.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  20. green serpent

green serpent Registered

If I reduce rear wing then I lose the rear too easily, and I cannot bring myself to turn TC on. I'll try low drag option and see how I go. I prefer driving a slower car with lots of feeling of mechanical grip than driving a fast car with less sensation of grip.