unreal4 rf2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trollray, Jun 18, 2018.

1. trollray

trollray Registered

Hi, a question to studio 397.
    Is there plans to use in the future unreal4?
    I am not sure but i guess you mention that possibility in an interview but can t remember
    Thanks for your answer

2. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

No for foreseeable future. Likely never.

3. Trebor901

Trebor901 Registered

Im glad theres no plans to move to this, all race games and games in general are starting their move to this engine which is in my opinion very over rated and limited as to what developers can actually achieve with it. Pretty graphics yes. Customer satisfaction because of all the bugs and problems? no.

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I’d fear that the lovely direct fluidity nature in ffb & physics could suffer moving to another engine

Best stick with the excelant present one & simply continue to optimise

Graphics are secondary for simulation anyhow

5. Depco

Depco Registered

If they moved to UE4 all content would have to be redone in their entirety. There was talk about moving to it when S397 (Luminis) purchased rF2 from ISI. However, they quickly realized that all the content (modded and official) would have to be updated to use that graphics engine. It would have killed the game completely as many drivers relied on Modded cars and tracks for their sim racing entertainment.

The way S397 handled the update to DX11 was the only way they could have done it without causing a significant and probably fatal disruption to their community and user base.

If S397 or ISI were to move to another off the shelf graphics engine it would have to be a completely new product like rF3 with no existing content. That is likely not going to happen for a very long time.

avenger82 likes this.
  6. trollray

trollray Registered

Hi, thanks for your answers.
    Maybe in a rf3 then.
    Imo, physics are the most important yes of course, but it deserves better if the graphics are shiny too.
    I like how studio 397 have done that and i hope there will be further updates in that way.
    Of course, i have seen like many of you the trailers of assetto corsa competizion.
    If i just talk about graphics, unreal4 looks pretty well.
    All your arguments are rights too, this was just a question but, if one thing can be pushed in a better way is the
    tracks surfaces and lights IMO.
    Physics from rain/dry wheather can be helped of the visual aspect too. In other words, it's important to be able to find visualy and physicaly the best line on the racetrack.
    Hope you understand what i'm talking about. No criticism at all, just my two cents ;) (sorry for my french english lol )

7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

quality content needed from now on sο the people will feel like they have a "Solid game"
    UI and laser scan tracks will help

McKiernan and Adrianstealth like this.