Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Source ?

2. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

iRacing GT3 and GTE have too, raceroom GT3 have too. And you dont have the option to disabled It.

So, considering the well know iRacing fidelity on making cars, probably is this way in RL.

Another thing is the levels of tc and ABS, which are 12 each on GT3.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

ok the Oreca has the same issue as the BMW, last leds go on with near 1k rpm left to limiter

4. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Could it be they come on just before peak torque drops off so it’s the optimal time to shift even if 1k rpms left to use

I seem to remember that in iracing with the gte cars you never change at redline because the torque drops off even a few k rpms before redline

5. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

There's a bug with the Oreca and virtual mirrors: when advancing seat position forward, virtual mirrors are pointing towards the sky more and more. Screenshots are taken with seat position at 450/16 with vFov = 35. To reproduce the problem, start with position 0/0, advance the seat and see mirrors progressively pointing to the sky. Other cars are not affected.
    There's another problem shown on screenshot 1: the central wiper is at the wrong position. After manually toggling wipers on/off, it ends up in position shown on screenshot 2, which makes more sense. It seems the Norma has the same issue but it's less noticeable.

20180617004132_1.jpg

20180617004351_1.jpg

2ndLastJedi and Shawn Jacobs like this.
  6. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Open your player.json and search these lines
    Code:
     "Moving Rearview":0,
        "Moving Rearview#":"Whether mirrors respond to head movement in cockpit (0=none, 1=position-only, 2=FOV-only, 3=both) - add 4 if you want to IGNORE head-tracking movement",
    i have 0, so the mirros doesn't change when i change the seat position or the FOV.

Filip likes this.
  7. spaldinio

spaldinio Registered

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

How does someone get attacked for asking for downshift protection, and how are simracers 1) unaware of its existence, and 2) so quick to assume it's not real instead of checking?

I don't get this place sometimes.

9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Imagine if S397 implemented TC that can be mapped via gps to adjust its levels automatically for each corner in a track like a real life LMP2 can have*...
    They'd be calling this as arcade as Need for Speed lol

*Or they used to have at least back in ALMS days, that's what an engineer that worked in one of those teams told me

10. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Bring downshift protection next patch gogogo

11. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Around 15 years ago my brother hired a flash BMW for his wedding (it may have been a 7 series, I'm not sure :oops: it was before I became simmed) and I was to be the driver for the bride.
    Brother and I picked it up at the airport and both of us, being tradies with crap cars, were both impressed. Leather everywhere, AC, fast glass and oooh, what's this? Semi Auto, P-R-N-D then move selector to the right to the gated + - .
    A few minutes later the novelty wore off when burnouts and early down shifting were proving to be as impossible as finding the offending switch button or dial. Bloody good brakes though.

12. Ramiro000

Ramiro000 Registered

I bought the pack yesterday, and I can say that it beat even my more optimistic expectations. It feels thoroughly polished and it makes turning laps a pleasure.
    Regarding DP, yeah, it is a thing IRL in most modern competition cars, so I'd really like to see it in the sim for those cars. Not a thing I'll lose my sleep over, though. Car-specific TC and ABS controls were a thing that I was completely puzzled about their absence in this sim, so good for 397 to add those controls in!
    Also, about the rev lights, I think this time they are pretty much accurate. These kind of cars have different optimal shift points, and some are ridiculously earlier than others, but most of them aren't definitely at their max rpm. I was even watching some onboard 911 RSR videos after driving it on Road Atlanta for a while and I noticed that I'd shift at pretty much the same point the driver on the onboard did (not when all the lights were on, but a little earlier), so kudos to 397, it just feels right!
    Now, I'm waiting for those classic F1 cars and Sebring more eagerly than before!

13. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Just got the pack... 1st error driving out of pits, in TV Cockpit mode (bonnet cam) with the Porsche...
    Missing some car parts (although it's interesting to see the road so easily! :) )...

[​IMG]

14. Skan

Skan Registered

Thank you is not enough. I wish the traction control was off by default but I understand exactly why it isn't. The Oreca is my favorite. Turn the wing all the way down and that thing is almost too much fun. This Vette is the first time that I actually want to drive a Vette. There is nothing at all wrong with any other Vettes, this one is just different. The Porsche...ahh the Porsche...it's the Porsche I have always wanted and didn't know it. I have nothing to say of Norma because a beautiful lady with that same name once broke my heart. I cant bare to see her name without a tear rolling down my face. She lives next to the rocket I will sell you if you believed that story. The BMW might be my new drift machine. There was a time I laughed at a guy in a different driving title for trying to drift everything. Some of you might have heard of Him. his name was Dampyre or something like that. Well Damps, I understand now. Light It Up.

The PSD files are great. The more separate I get the more freedom to pain I have. Speaking for myself as some of you actually know the proper methods of painting all the parts and packaging it together. I don't. I paint, make a dds, copy dds to folder in rF21, look at skin in rF2. That is about the extent of the alchemy. There is another title that allows paining of a bunch of things through various PSD files. This is the way to go in my opinion and it seems you are doing just that so tip of the hat to you. One day I will be able to have that brown plaid ostrich skin interior everyone wants to see If S397 continues on this lovely path.

Alessio Feletto and mesfigas like this.
  15. bwana

bwana Registered

16. bwana

bwana Registered

Available now and it’s very very good

Daniel Surace, marmagas and SPASKIS like this.
  17. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

There is also a control to adjust mirrors up and down, so once you are happy with your seating you can do that.
    I forget the default mapping but its one of the seat keys with shift or ctrl together.

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I just saw URD has a version of it.
    I didn't see the announcement in this forum. Thanks for the tip.

bwana likes this.
  19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Marcel, Christopher & the rest of the Studio397 team. Based short drives in the BMW and 919, AWESOME. THIS is how a tire should feel. A tire that grips and only then slides as traction is lost, Please go back, if you haven't already, and extend this to the Nissan GT 500.
    Final thanks to Michael B!!

bwana and marmagas like this.
  20. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Just reporting this bug in the rain fx. Not acceptable for a 15€ DLC. Hope this gets fixed asap. It's a job of 5 minutes.

UsedMomo likes this.