[WIP] F1 2006 CTDP

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Schumi, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Maybe gonzo or speed12 can help

2. Marcel Plogmann

Marcel Plogmann Registered

Any news?

I'm still in contact with an old CTDP member from time to time.

In my opinion, best rF1 mod ever.

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

No news unless you've recieved some kind of permission to convert their mod :) Do try.

4. Dan1

Dan1 Registered

ReyGuiri on Youtube wasnt one of the CTDP members? he released the download in youtube, i think u can ask him directly on youtube, the subcribers already asked him to do a conversion with his permission

5. topaloglu321

topaloglu321 Registered

Hey guys. I can contact you with CTDP guys. Please PM me for it.

6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Can the "I can contact"-guys perhaps post a reliable source of contact? I tried to get in touch with Dahie for years but he doesn't seem to check his mail or anything.

7. topaloglu321

topaloglu321 Registered

Sorry for replying late. But I'm not one of those "I can contact" guys. Like I said PM me if you wanna contact.

8. topaloglu321

topaloglu321 Registered

No one still wants to contact CTDP?

9. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

OP kind of disappeared so what's the point.

10. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

PM with your contacts... Then I'll see if it can be used in the future.

11. topaloglu321

topaloglu321 Registered

Where is the topic owner @Schumi ? If this mod will continue, I will contact CTDP and grant the permission. If not, no need to spend time.
    @Schumi please PM me, if you still would like to get the permission?

Edu, gabrielof, RoboCAT10 and 2 others like this.
  12. MateLeLe

MateLeLe Registered

Please get back to life @Schumi.
    Please give me link to these cars already converted to rf2 (if you still have them). I dont think it is that diffucult to conveet them from dx9 to dx11. I Really want this mod to come out to rfactor 2.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  13. haunetal1990

haunetal1990 Registered

I know it's not easy to contact all the CTDP Members. So good luck :)

14. MateLeLe

MateLeLe Registered

Im hunting for converted cars if they are still there. What if i release this mod without permisson (imagine that happens)? If they are not easy to contact with, They dont care about this mod, maybe

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The original members cared about the way their mod was portrayed. There were two other conversions that failed to be released due to not being up to standards. Adjusting all textures and redoing the shaders would be the bare minimum, for sure.

16. MateLeLe

MateLeLe Registered

So there are strict requirements that must be met in order to release the mod? Oh my god, do you have any links to topics or something to show me that there were these 2 other conversions? I want to see and sorry for bad english. I don't get why they don't let anyone do a coversion of their mod, they won't do it on their own, so why.

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You'll have to do a search to find out, I didn't keep up with the people. They won't do it themselves because they have moved on, the last two people I recall were playing Assetto and didn't even know about the conversions - which shows how long ago there was any interest or discussion. Former members are active in this forum, one of the development team is part of rF2 staff.

As I said, it is not they don't let a conversion be made. They do. It just has to be something representative of the original in quality, not just a straight port. There needs to be work on textures (cockpit, helmets, and suits need the most work), adjusting material settings, and properly setting up the individual car physics. There hasn't been a "serious" group committed to the task. It needs to be like CART 1998 for Automobilista, where it even received plenty of support from the game developer, not like we see with F1 1997-2002 ports taken from F1 Challenge '99-02 or even Grand Prix 4.

Filip likes this.
  18. AMillward

AMillward Registered

It's a shame that HJK lost everything when his hard drive failed. He was working on a 2k6 mod I think.

19. CTDP_OMS

CTDP_OMS Registered

Hi All,

I am a member of CTDP. I worked on the F1 1998/2004/2005 mods for F1C and rF1. I then took a break from the scene, however i am slowly getting back into modding. I have contacted Dahie who has sent over all the source files for the 2006 mod, so the fun part starts. I have converted the F248 into rF2 however i am currently trying to get my head round the DX11 shaders/textures and also converting the physics! Alot has changed since rF1 in this department. If anyone is willing to provide any support and guidance in these areas to ensure we can get this ported over to rF2 alot quicker.

20. Dan1

Dan1 Registered

For sure in the modding forum if you explain this to everybody you will have a lot of person wanting to help you with the project, happy to see CTDP members coming back!

F1Aussie, Daniel Surace and CTDP_OMS like this.