Triple screens without nVidia Surround?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by howdawut, Jun 10, 2018.

1. howdawut

howdawut Registered

Hi,
    I know I've run RF2 on triple screens before without nVidia Surround. I went back to a single screen for a while because performance on triples was not very good. I feel RF2 has been optimized a lot in the past 6 months to a year in addition to some hardware upgrades I've made, I wanted to revisit triple screens. I'm struggling to recall how I had set it up and I've exhausted my patience searching for a way to do it. Any help greatly appreciated!

2. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    I am running tripples 24 lg and it runs very well on my evga 1060, but I am using nivida surround as I know others are also with out any real issue.
    I do not know how to do tripples in rf2 with out surround or if it is even possible to do it.
    Will be getting a 1080 in the near future as I want to run full settings.

Might not be the answer you are looking for but maybe some help anyway.
    Ruben

3. Dan-Ove Brantholm

Dan-Ove Brantholm Registered

It's possible, you can actually run multiview with different monitors too if you choose windowed. The secret is to create a custom resolution so that rfactor2 sees a "triple" resolution. I'm running a 47" 1080 TV together with 2 x 24" 1080. I have created a custom res, 5760 x 600. It took some time to find a custom resolution to the 24" (978 x 550) monitors so that the rfactor window had the same height and position in them. Much of the windows goes outside view in the side monitors, but it works!
    upload_2018-8-3_19-14-7.png

[​IMG]

I have a 980ti no, but it actually worked ok with a 1050 because of the relative low number of pixels...

vegaguy5555 and Alex72 like this.
  4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I have seen more people actually say to NOT run multiview and instead display a large resolution and set the monitors straight/level (instead of angled). Having them straight fixes the issue multiview fixes, but according to some people you should get more FPS out of doing this. Havent tested myself. Was about to.

EDIT: Oh, and btw like above post you have to go into Windows Display option and you will see the 3 monitors. Make sure they are setup as 2, 1, 3, and then open NVIDIA CPL and go into surround and click the drop down menu on the left middle under the screens graphics. Choose 1x3 option and then i think its APPLY. In the rF2 launcher you can tick MultiView if you want it (able to have angled monitors), and in rF2 on track open the triple screen menu with ALT+A or CTRL+A (forgot the exact combo), and then set the angles, FOV and bezel etc.

5. Dan-Ove Brantholm

Dan-Ove Brantholm Registered

You don't have to setup surround! To do that you must have the same resolution on all 3 monitors which I don't have. You can still choose Multiview like I have in the above picture. (The angle is 45 degree, but it is a little bit scrambled because of the camera angle of this photo. Running triples without the Multiview option to the set the angels is a waste I think....

Alex72 likes this.
  6. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Ah... I have an issue too. My 3x24" monitors are not the same exact size and i always used surround. The middle one is smaller (tiny bit smaller) than the 2 on the sides, and i never was able to line them up in the sims. Always i see fences etc on the side not lining up properly. With your way i might be able to get them to line up...

vegaguy5555 likes this.