[REL] Endurance Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, May 8, 2015.

1. jonnaras

jonnaras Registered

My solution was in .tgm files i changed the 4rth numberof RingStiffnessMultiplier=(1, 1, 1, 0.9, 0.99, 0.99) from 0.99 to 0.9.For speeds over 350kph and full pressure you must do this number 0.85

MaD_King and SRGP like this.
  2. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

@klo-che
    Thanks a lot for this mod. I ran the URD EGT mod for years for VEC. Now there's another season over and I decided to give your mod a try. Only tested it for an hour total maybe and so far I like it a lot. Physics are good, engine sounds are good, but there are also a few things I like less which I'd like to mention to hopefully help the mod forward. I'll speak only about the GTE cars.
    • Tire sounds too low in comparison to official content and URD cars - Would be great if you can get the sound levels more or less equal to stock content volume wise, then the user doesn't have to tweak his sound settings to adjust to your mod.
    • Adjustable brake pressure - Someone with a 100kg load cell brake pedal will probably not enjoy the same brake pressure as someone with a Logitech pedal set, if you make this adjustable then people can tweak it to their own liking. Also in some cars (Corvette for example) the current brake pressure feels a bit too low; It's currently hard to lock tires in a straight line with 100% braking.
    And some subjective things:
    • FFB feels a bit numb compared to Studio 397 and URD cars.
    • Tires feel too forgiving past their optimal slip angle. Right now it's possible to go 90 degrees sideways with oversteer and still catch the car with ease (slight exaggeration maybe). When you see GTE cars get serious oversteer in real life footage it looks a lot harder to control.
    That's all for now, maybe I'll come up with more things after I tested some more.

Hope this helps in any way.

avenger82 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Enduracers keep develop that mode
    we need you :)

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Thank you, will dig that, this converge with our investigations (about the tire that not support the charge, weight + aero)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  5. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

If you load the tyre into ttool and run it in realtime with the same load and speed, does the tyre explode?

MaD_King likes this.
  6. klo-che

klo-che Registered

You have to stop messages like that. S397 is providing us great support, but we develop MODs when WE want, can it be LM24 week or not. If the mod does not please you, leave your computer and watch the real race instead. Other non constructive or useless messages will be reported. Anyone with good feedbacks is free to contact Mad_King on this subject.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  7. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

@MaD_King @klo-che
    Thanks for continuing to improve the mod (and for what I mostly care about - physics) and providing new cars (that will complement soon to be released official S397 endurance DLC).

BTW: did you have to change/adjust some physics parameters to accommodate new tires (CPM 2)?
    The cars seem more grippy/ better traction and less oversteer than official GT cars (like Camaro GT3 ) or Apex GT3 and are generally easier to handle(at least with default setup). Especially LMP cars are extremely grippy and handling is easy even with low aero. But they have very good traction in reality. I wonder how they will compare with official LMP cars from soon to be released DLC.

8. rubennaatje

rubennaatje Registered

Where did you get that from? Did I miss something or are you confused with URD?

9. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Yeah also URD. But official DLC will have:
    -BMW M8 GTE
    -Porsche 911 RSR GTE
    -Corvette C7r GTE
    -Norma M30 LMP3
    -Oreca 07 LMP2

And Endurace Series has:
    * CONTENT : Added Oreca 05 LMP2.
    * CONTENT : Added Ligier JSP3 LMP3.
    * CONTENT : Added Corvette C7.R GTE.
    * CONTENT : Added Ferrari F458 GTE.
    * CONTENT : Added Flat6 RSR Evo GTE.
    And old ones i.e.:
    Lola Coupe
    Ferrari F430
    C6R

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

On pace the only car (Enduracers) that should fit the upcoming official pack is the Ligier P3, the other cars are from past gen thus they are slower.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Pedro Delgado2 likes this.
  11. Flaux

Flaux Registered

He just meant to say that the new official DLC will be a great addition to the Endu mod.
    (His opinion, off course. Not mine. Lol)

EDIT: Ooops....I'm late.

12. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

OK I didn't know that, but also didn't mean they will necessarily have same performance. Just that we will have a lot of GTEs and LMPs to try. Regarding race pace - you can even have races with different classes.

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

For sure, the past gen GT cars could make a great GT-Am class in a league. Only issue is that you must own the whole paid pack to be able to race online with them.

14. kimbo

kimbo Registered

The only thing i can say to the developers of this great mod is THANKS!
    thanks for give me hours and hours of pure fun, pleasure, the sound , the phisics, the interiors, are just sublime,
    and as if all this was not enough, it is also FREE,
    You deserve money for your work, I am willing to pay for this great mod.

I can not imagine how unpleasant it must be to read the comments of those who, without even being thankful for your work, complain and ask for things all the time, they really deserve that they do not update the mod a shit, or that they pay, so that they learn to value their work
    One more time,THANKS for this fantastic mod ENDURACERS TEAM!!!

15. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

About the Physics POV.

As Will said, not the same regulations, only the P3 could match.
    We try as close as possible with Real Road to match to real qualification lap time on several reference track to validate our physics.

To make it short. We passed from the NO CPM tires to CPM2 tires directly, and yes we need to adjust some points.
    Our return of experience on the CPM2 was very limited when we release the latest update, so there are some areas that need finetune/update (in particular the Prototypes) We add two strategy about Aero/Tire between GT & Proto and now we can confirm, the good one was the GT one.
    So yes, the P2 will change and will be update (it's already in test). Since the release we got more time to test on a larger variety of tracks, so now we know the item to adjust (the P2 are too quick on Hight aero tracks).

So the axis of improvement that are already in work:
    - More reactive tire rubber
    - Better balance between tire grip (better grip) & aero (less aero)
    - Pressure tire adjustment to avoid low pressure exploit.
    - More stability over the curbs
    - Fix about the crash on LeMans/Green Hell
    - Fix about the AI dancing in the turns ;)
    - Less aero "package" from 3 to 2 for all cars (like Low Downforce package & Normal Downforce package)
    - More steps in rear wing settings

So now place to Real LeMans, and you know now we continue to hard work (with the support of S397) and this will be available when all will be tested and mature for all ES cars together.

C. Banger, ApainPlost, Ernie and 8 others like this.
  16. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I already made a donation (which doesn't happen often for me). But for the people who didn't - I don't think they shouldn't ask questions, request(but not demand) fixes or even features. As long as it's in polite manner, even constructive criticism can be valuable and should have it's place. Despite it's a free mod. It just means people use it and also I think often care about it. Without quality mods rF2 wouldn't be so fun.

@MaD_King @klo-che
    I enjoy driving the cars online on RaceDepartment leagues. I like you put a lot of effort not only in visuals but also update physics to use latest tech and S397 recommendations. I didn't notice any problems so far, especially lack of grip. On the contrary they have a lot of grip (comparing to i.e. Apex GT3 at default setups). Especially LMPs are easy to handle even with low aero (but I guess they are grippy IRL).

17. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Thanks again for great work and I appreciate your dedication and hope you don't get discouraged by some comments and keep improving your mod.

Highlandwalker likes this.
  18. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

I experienced the high speed bug twice with the Porsche at Le Mans 2017. I was testing low wing/top speed and both times it happened approaching the 2nd chicane as I was doing 180+MPH. It also made my wheel go full turn to the left and it stayed locked in that position until I rebooted.

19. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes this the the bug I mentioned. There is no car setup solution. Need a physics update.

20. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

OK, thanks for the heads-up. RaceDepartment are holding a 90 min race around Le Mans tomorrow evening. A couple of others experienced the bug during testing. I suggested maybe they make the Porsche and Corvette unavailable.