[REL] Endurance Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, May 8, 2015.

1. klo-che

klo-che Registered

Hello, You have to calm down your tone if you want your feedback to be taken in consideration seriously. We would not have released a mod with "a fatal bug" if we knew it. Since the release, tons of races have been made on the mod with success, without receiving reports about this. We will investigate about it for the next build.

MiguelVallejo and rubennaatje like this.
  2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

All the cars was tested on Monza with minimal aero without issue to test the top speed. We were informed about this issue, we search why we have that.
    If you are able to give us what can cause this, we take any information.

rubennaatje likes this.
  3. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Registered

OK, maybe the first part of Hunaudieres straight is still a little bit longer then straights in Monza.. In any case the rFactor crash occurs only with the most extreme speed of GTE. I don´t know, if it should be theoreticaly related also with some updates of rF2 or Windows from the recent time so I am gentle of my tone from my first post a little bit, when I was too angry, sorry. But now this issue is apparent and it is possible to reproduce it in two minutes when I set the aero to minimum, boost to maximum and I am going on full throttle up to 280 kph. So some fix is needed as soon as possible.

4. pascom

pascom Registered

Please, give a speed limit for your next races :D :D :D

5. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

@MaD_King @klo-che
    I have different question: I've read that during mod development you compared cars handling and behavior with onboard videos. Can you confirm that? How much real data was used to develop the cars? Did you have access to real telemetry data?
    I like that you adapted CPMv2 tires from S397, but have you changed some realtime values to tune tire wear, temperatures, grip levels? Or you just used stock tires values?

6. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I tell you, what really scares me is why cars behave different for same tires.
    Pressure bug happens imo not for rsr and c7, however they both fail at highest speed (what the other 3 cars pass now with high pressure in somehow!). Both issues probably tire related. But why is bug behaviour different for same tire model on different cars?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  7. Fuzo

Fuzo Registered

Guys please, do something with it, I am actually the guy who was first to experience this "high speed bug" in our rF2 community, please let me take this baby to LeMans :) This mod is really awesome![​IMG]

8. SRGP

SRGP Registered

So... I have made some tests at "Le Grand Circuit '67", since it has the longest straight line.
    Only the Porsche and the Corvette were affected by the high speed bug (not tested the LMPs yet), with an instant rf2 hang when reaching speed above 295km/h. I have a screenshots where it looks like the tyre is simply exploding...

However, I also found that the problem is not directly tied to reaching a certain speed. By making the car to redline, I can stay below 295km/h. But hitting the track side, like the gravel on this track, at 292km/h will also cause that bug :(

Then re-reading Stefan post about the BMW, I tried with Min & Max Pressure values.
    With the Corvette, Max Pressure seemed to solve the problem ... but, although I can now reach higher speed, rF2 still hangs with the "track side collision".

Does it suggest a quick fix would be to change the Tyre Pressure limits in the Garage options ? I know nothing in physics, but any quick & easy solution is welcome to at least keep these 2 cars running...

MaD_King and rubennaatje like this.
  9. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

Hi Enduracers,

thanks for your high quality mod. I think it´s normal when such problems occur and i´m sure you will fix it. In my opinion it´s a cheek when simple people just blame you for these little things. There are a lot of people who don´t know, how many hours of your freetime you´re spending to get just a single car ready.

I have a little problem with the mod. My settings are maxed out and i use post effects Ultra. Maybe you can fix this problem.

mesfigas likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That looks like a bug we've seen with several different cars .... USUALLY on modded tracks. Cars that run close to the ground seem to actually hit a seam in the track surface, not a real junction we can see on the track surface, but the virtual seam where two parts of the 3d construction join together. Most often we've seen it on the edges of tracks and on curbing. Cars would either jolt to a halt or launch 15 to 20 feet up into the air.
    I will guess that the downforce produced at 295k is enough to compress the car's suspension enough so that some small joint in the track catches the car. It's not really a bug with the car, just my opinion, but a combination of the car riding very low and something in the track construction not being 100% perfect.
    Fully inflating the tires produces a slight increase in ride height which seems to cure the problem, if you could go faster, say 350k, then you might see the same behavior again. The solution is not simple as it might require fully reworking a track model that probably took 100's of hours to complete. If you raise the ride height, stiffen the springs, and increase the air pressure & reduce downforce, you might overcome the issue, but then your car might not be derivable.

Jego likes this.
  11. klo-che

klo-che Registered

We had already planned to improve the shader setup in this area, we will have a look at the dash.

Slamfunk3 likes this.
  12. Pales

Pales Registered

Any further developments on AI for GTE? I appreciate you're still looking into it but always nice to hear news :)

13. klo-che

klo-che Registered

We will work on it for the next build, that is all we can tell you.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Slamfunk3 likes this.
  14. SRGP

SRGP Registered

@davehenrie rF2 hangs as soon as a certain speed is reached, even in a plain straight line, whichever the track but only with the Corvette & Porsche. This is what is pictured in my first clip : you can see the skid mark from the Front Left tyre (blowing up ?) before rF2 stops working. That is not consistant with just a track bug :/
    In the case of "Le Grand Circuit" the gravel is indeed lower than the track , you can feel it through the FFB. But only the Corvette & the Porsche will cause rF2 to crash/hang and only at a certain speed (maybe wheels angle too).

15. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Maybe this, maybe that - only studio397 can tell with a debugger.
    The model is not crashing or calculating strange pressures, rf2 sim physic does!

16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Can you show proof that this is the case? You know in physics things are linked, this issue may not even be in the tire (2 of 5 cars) so...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  17. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Does a model calculate Things on it´s own? pressure? temps? Collission Code? Suspension movement?
    Don´t think so. It´s defining a Parameter set, nothing more, the Physics is done by the game. Everything else would surprise me. Do you know better?
    Even if tire model has some flaws, e.g. precalculated luts are wrong somehow - a LUT that is wrong does not crash anything, the Code reading and working with it does.

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

That's a lot of words to say you cant. Thanks anyway.

19. jonnaras

jonnaras Registered

i had the same problem with these new cpm tires,but hopefully found a way not crashing the game

20. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Whats your problem, really ? Its not a question of whose fault it is or where, it is a question how fast it can be fixed. Le Mans happen soon, the leagues want to perform their races. This mod IS the endurance currently!! S397 endurance comes too late.
    I hope S397 supports the modders to find the issue because they have the developer tools to find it out (more) quickly for sure. They should have an interest to do so!
    Some events may have been scheduled for next weekend allready, so tick tack, tick tack...