Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1110 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 20, 2018.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

The gear color changed with DX11, as did the tire temperature colors, all got inverted. I suppose this was a bug rather than something they did on purpose, as they later fixed the tire colors. Anyway you'd better start a bug report or click "contact support" button from rF2 launcher. In build/announcement threads bug reports get lost in the flood.

2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

Good luck with that...
    :D:rolleyes:o_O

Louis likes this.
  3. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@Marcel Offermans and anyone else reading. Was taking part in the VEC qual for the 24 hrs of Le Mans race. It started to rain and within a very short space of time the tarmac became a grey colour and the kerbs had all but disappeared [looked a lot like a American concrete surface]. However, in my rearview mirror, the tarmac was a nice black [or normal tarmac] colour. Anyone any suggestions as to why and what I can adjust to make it more realistic? TIA

4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

A vid, or at least a screenshot would be most helpful.

5. filippu

filippu Registered

It's probably the new road shader, the puddles give that result when the track hasn't been updated with that shader.
    The question is, why the track team thought it was a good idea to introduce a big change in an existing shader instead of creating a new one ? It's anyone's guess.

6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

After 5 year of extensive simracing I must state that Studio 397s support to the community is one of the worst!
    No replay whatsoever on any given users problem here...

Take a look at how Kunos has done it...

Then you might close the gap Studio397, but for shure not before!

God Speed.

7. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I guess if folks used the support function in the launcher to submit their troubles you would get the help you need

Instead people think that devs trawl through pages upon pages in threads to single out the issues.

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

They are brill in my books
    -they worked extensively to bring VR compatibility to rfactor2 without any charges , a lot of free stuff too
    incredibly brill

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    blanes, Gasper Zupan, elcoco and 4 others like this.
  9. Depco

Depco Registered

You will likely get better assistance if you contact them on Discord. Or on the actual support pages of the forum, although I can attest the Devs do very little checking/responding of the forums.

10. Felipe Granado

Felipe Granado Registered

Hey Guys!

I read 11 pages that were talking about many subjects. I took some time off and now I am opening a specialized league in rFactor2 in Brazil and I want to have as much information as possible to apply in my championships and, if need be, to pass information to Studio.

Conversations about freezing are advanced. I could not notice such freezes in multiplayer races. I use all Full settings (except AA = 8x and Post Processing = Medium):

i5 7400
    Powercolor RX470 4Gb Red Devil
    8Gb DDR4 2400MHz HyperX
    Gigabyte B250M D3H
    Win10 Home x64 latest update (1803).

Maybe it's a matter of graphically optimizing MOD and tracks (usually third-party tracks). I do not want to blame them, but it can be a cause.

On the issue of the asphalt color reported above, it may be because of the graphical configuration of your game, that running in Low Setings will become clearer.

I am a beginner in the discussions and I intend to participate a little more. If you need to, I can also test some race situations to pass information.

I really like rFactor from the beginning. I hope I can contribute a bit with that.

Thx...

Adrianstealth likes this.
  11. philman

philman Registered

Some ideas for S397 to further improve the graphic aspect of RF2:
    146157.jpg
    The water splashes are not limited to the rear wheels but also concern the front wheels.
    I do not think it is necessary to recall the case of sparks...
    qExhBEf.jpg
    Look for the error! Missing the reflection of the headlights on the wet track...
    That's all for now. Good luck to S397 for the next events and especially the May roadmap

Nitrometh likes this.
  12. Schumi

Schumi Registered

Let me guess.
    "We worked very hard and are happy to announce that in the next 10 days goes DLC with LMP2, 3 and GTE cars. And we are also working on a new UI. Very soon we will be updated historic open wheel package which nobody needs because you can not simulate the season of 2-3 cars. And bla-bla-bla..."

Do not misunderstand me. I really like rFactor 2 and look forward new road maps. But all that I read in the last 12 months - not very interested for me. Why? It's easy:
    - GT3 pack (I bought this) dont have all car models and does not have real skins. I am forced to collect everything myself bit by bit on different portals.
    - Formula E (I bought this). I'm too stupid to understand driving of these cars.I have enough energy only for 5-6 laps (Ok, this is just my problem). We have only one track (why? I was hoping for a dozen excellent street tracks)
    - New UI. We just hear about it, but almost nothing was seen during this time. If they do not show us anything, it means they do not. Why am I so sure? We see a lot of cars and tracks WIP and nothing for the year that relates to new UI.
    - Endurance content (Unfortunately I'll buy this). Again this will be only a few cars. We will not be able to simulate even 50% of the actual grid. So he is pre-dead DLC.

What was nice to know?
    - release Performance Update
    - Announcement of any new tracks

What solutions do I see?
    This sim has a very adult community. People who have needs and money. Developers are people who want to eat, drink and relax. We need to make a vote, which is followed by the most popular racing disciplines, eg:
    - F2, F3, F4
    - DTM
    - IndyCar and Road to Indy
    - NASCAR
    - WEC
    - ELMS
    - Blancpain Endurance
    - V8 Supecars
    - IMSA SportsCar Championship
    - Historic Series (F1, F2, Indy)

Assess which licenses can be purchased and shorten the list of disciplines. Gather the necessary funds from us (We are adults and we can pay). Make one or two complete racing series with all cars and tracks. Then make the next series. Many series that require only 1-3 models of cars. For me it is better to have one complete series than 5, which will have 1-2 cars and 1 track. I was silent a year. It's time to say everything. Thank you. Sorry for bad english.
    Make NORMAL INSTRUMENTS FOR MODDING :mad:

13. marmagas

marmagas Registered

Really?

Attached Files:

Ami_M3, Guimengo and Rui Santos like this.
  14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

You do make some good points and this seems to be the route Kunos have gone with ACC .
    As this is rF2 and S397's baby we must just wait and see what their future vision holds (as its their opportunity to make or break what is the best Sim on the market) while making our voices heard (like your post) and enjoying what we have now and what comes in the future .

Rui Santos likes this.
  15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hang on mega moan session usually starts after the excitement of the roadmap dies down -about 2 to 3 days after release

To early

Obbzy_XR_, bwana and Comante like this.
  16. Comante

Comante Registered

I'm having great fun with RF2 after YEARS of struggles, I can't ask any better... or better, I can, but I'm happy in almost all compartment, except casual online racing.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Nothing much going on online with historics at mo -apart from the brilliant server BT20 on monza66
    Which I’ve enjoyed greatly
    ( big thanks SR4L )
    Got a nice position (3rd) on their live timing list but struggling to find more at mo
    -it’s still there have a go!

Been on the FSR (Germany track) server ( the f1 FSR is on the steam workshop) been having a total blast with it going up the live timing list bit by bit

There’s good online stuff available it’s just finding it

Roll on May road map (-:

bwana likes this.
  18. Louis

Louis Registered

@Adrianstealth for me, Freezing stopped after windows 10 update (last big one update with restarts and so)
    *triple screen, almost maxed out graphics sertings and low pp)

Adrianstealth likes this.
  19. Schumi

Schumi Registered

I drove a few more races with AI and test sessions without AI. Problem with freezing has not returned yet. I do not know what it is connected with. One of these days nVidia drivers was updated and I turned off fast startup in Windows. I really hope that problem is gone forever!

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Fremen78 likes this.
  20. Comante

Comante Registered

Recently, big windows updates have been reported to cause various issues, probably mostly easy fixed with a driver update or some reboot, maybe the starting cause was driver related. I had to reinstall my audio driver and software from scratch because windows corrupted it.

patchedupdemon likes this.