rFactor 1 triple screen help.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by f14tmodding, May 23, 2018.

1. f14tmodding

f14tmodding Registered

Hello everybody, I write here because I need your help. I know this might not be the best place, but as there's nobody left on the old ISI forum I imagine there are some old rFactor 1 players here. If this does not meet the forum rules to post this here, I would understand if you deplace or delete it.

For a final year thesis project, I have decided to build a simulator working on rFactor 1. And I wanted it to have a triple screen setup. I know I should have bought a good computer made for gaming, but instead I got an old one. With its nVidia GT710 video card it couldn't work in triple screen so I decided to buy a GTX 1050 (recommended by an expert seller).

But it looks like that even with this better video card, there is a big problem with the rF Config.exe file. Indeed, I can't choose "Multiview", and I also don't get resolutions like 5760x1080 or 3840*1080 depending of if I am on a dual or triple screen when testing. Because the triple screen is working perfectly well on Windows of course (for internet navigation and so)...but I can only make one screen work in the game ! And this with a Steam version and a CD version as well, both don't work the way I want.

I tried almost everything : spanning the displays in the nVidia control panel, using the nVidia Surround software, running the config file and the game as an admin, but nothing seems to work. Is it my OS that could make it fail ? I am running Windows 10 with an Intel Core i3 that fully and easily meets the requirements for rFactor 1.

I hope someone can help me here, as this project should end very soon and if it doesn't happen I risk quite a lot. And as I tried a lot during the last months I feel a bit lost... If you need more informations I can give them. Thanks in advance and see you soon !

2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

You are right this is not really the correct forum for rFactor 1 questions. That said... If you enable nvidia surround you should be able to enable multiview. Bezel correction needs to be done in the surround settings (unlike with rF2 where you can set that up in the multiview gizmo while driving). I don't believe there is anything wrong or limiting on the hardware side.

JimmyT likes this.
  3. f14tmodding

f14tmodding Registered

Hello, thanks for your answer and sorry again to be a bit wrong. But it is quite desperate and this little help could save me. We apparently already enabled nVidia Surround but it seems like it didn't work, so I think I should probably restart the complete configuration, from the very beginning. I hope this will be enough, I have been working to find a solution for many weeks now...Thank you again !

4. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

With a GTX 1050, you should be able to run rFactor 2. Not on ultra settings ofc but somewhere between low to mid on triples should work just fine.
    Just wanted to put it out there.