Weight Penalty / Success Ballast System

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by kmw, May 11, 2013.

1. kmw

kmw Registered

Please will you include a success ballast / weight penalty system for offline racing?

It was used successfully by other Sims with the GMotor engine, and was very useful for keeping the racing close in offline championships.
    After setting up a season, if I had an easy race, the addition of ballast for the next race helped make the next race more difficult, or vice versa, and kept the racing closer.

I would really like to see this expanded on - I know Tim has mentioned that a 'championship' format is unlikely for now, but for offline racing there should be a method of running 2- or 3-race weekends like BTCC, with options to set the ballast or reverse the grids. Please don't overlook these things - it's fine if I have to 'build my own' championship season and use a spreadsheet for results, but I need the tools to create all the factors that turn the game from just a one off meaningless race into one episode of an actual series.

2. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Success ballast and reverse grids - yes please!

3. Axly

Axly Registered

This, this is definately a big wish from our (a League, using rf2 for our second season no) end.
    We are planning for next season, and a weight penalty (success weight addons) would be absolutely brilliant. Reverse Grid can be handled manually (as we Do today) but more Good options for keeping a tight race would be great!

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

5. ritzcher

ritzcher Registered

Hello everyone, I would like to have a file with the ballast to the pilots, I read something but are old comments, if you can tell me how I can do it?

Would be a file with the pilots with ballast ... something like that?
    / setmass 30 pilot 1
    / setmass 20 pilot 2
    / setmass 10 pilot 3
    / setmass xx pilot x

This way you do not have to type it whenever you start the race from the command line of the chat.

A greeting and very grateful