Mirrors

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mark Fuller, May 7, 2018.

1. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Try deleting contents of Cbash and Shader folders.

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Im not sure what OW is ?
    @ADSTA I have cleared CBash and Shaders but it's still there :(

3. oppolo

oppolo Registered

OW=open wheels

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I thought so but does this only effect OW cars ? I have only driven OW (as that's my jam) cars after this tweak .

5. Jego

Jego Registered

Any chance to get the Enduracers mod to zoom out the mirrors with a modifying the player json file or any other?
    I looked through it but could not find anything. I also checked the all_vehicles files, but its all at default.... reinstalled the mod and still no luck.
    The side mirrors are useless for me in VR, I can only tilt them left and right, but they are zoomed in so far that I can't see anything useful on them. Also they are rather scary as they fill up completely when a car is to my side.

Also ADSTA I assume you mean SEAT UP/DOWN not left right or... cause I don't have any seat left right setting.

6. albert39

albert39 Registered

Hello
    The mirrors don't work as the other version.
    I don't understant why in a very good job they don't waste a little of time in mirrors, but it is a fact.
    Stop breaking the head!

7. Jego

Jego Registered

Wait, so everybody has those useless mirrors... I thought it's some issue on my side. How can people race like that, I am blind on my sides, if some car behind me decides to dive to a side and I miss the dive I am clueless to where he is...
    I have raced those cars before and don't recall the mirrors not working, however I did not use VR back then, is this a VR problem?

8. klo-che

klo-che Registered

Hello, you don't even know how much time we have spend on this subject (or any other), so you should avoid such comments. We will investigate on what is going on with mirrors and VR.

Jego likes this.
  9. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Correct and edited.
    I'll blame Fieldzy who originally wrote it. ;)

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

You where right , when i set it back to true i got rid of that weird ball , Thank You .

Some cars (even official) mirrors are totally zoomed , one that comes to mind is the Eve . They are aligned correctly or at least can be aligned but the cars in the mirrors fill the entire mirror and its almost ridiculous that it can't be rectified even on official content .

I have somewhat recently been enjoying the Enduracer LMP2 cars and found their mirrors to be up there with the best in rF2 ! I haven't tried any other cars from them but those i did where great (well for rF2 standards they are great) !
    Its another area where its like how can this be in 2018 and we still have issues like this !

11. oppolo

oppolo Registered

ctrl shift seat

12. Jego

Jego Registered

As said, this does nothing for some cars.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  13. Jego

Jego Registered

After I reinstalled the Enduracers Mod and set all mirror related settings in various config files to the default value I have now managed to make the mirrors useable.
    Took some crazy settings thought, I think something like 200, -400.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

How did you set them all to their default values ?
    I hear you on the crazy settings !
    The worst part I find is that I cant get the right mirror to move independently of the seat so i always end up with my head squashed in to virtual wheel and then have to move the seat back ,taking even longer !
    Why does the left mirror adjust well and independent but right is always tied to the seat ?

15. Jego

Jego Registered

I searched the player.json for mirror and replaced all settings with the one from a default player.json.
    I really don't know what did the trick then in the end though, as before the reinstall and the other stuff the right mirror would not move at all for me.
    Now it is all good, I did not notice anything strange with setting the mirrors, except for the high values that had to be used.

16. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

About the mirror "issues", could you make cockpit screen shots to show us what you see in when driving to help us?
    Could you also indicate with the screen your ingame FOV & Seat position.

Because with Seat position to 0,0 (default position) and the default FOV the mirror shall works correctly.
    About the "movable" mirrors, we will check again each car to control it.