[REL] WeatherPlugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Stefan_L_01, Dec 14, 2017.

1. lagg

lagg Registered

Hi @Stefan_L_01
    It seems to work now (the plugin and the program)..
    When i open the program, is shows a messagebox that says
    CommonApplicationData
    Access denied to the path 'C:\ProgramData\rF2WeatherPlugin\'

Is it possible that in the v1.4 you control this error and in the v1.3 don't?
    Is it necessary to have access to this folder?
    Thank you very much.

2. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Yes, this was the cause. Strange that you are not allowed to access this path and create the directory. But Server 2008 is old...
    You get the logfiles into your client.exe application directory probably now, in case you enable log of WU data.

3. lagg

lagg Registered

Thank you.
    I don't know what permissions has this folder because we are 6 people accessing the server. It's possible that the admin has restricted the access.
    OK. I'll check where are placed the log files.

4. lagg

lagg Registered

Hi @Stefan_L_01
    The first thing i want is to thank you for your program because this is working very well.
    Congratulations!!!
    We have several installations of rF2 in different directories, i've copied your program in every rF2 dir, and the dll to the plugins dir, and i've configured different UIDs for every server.
    We use the Weather Underground API in every server, with different stations and it works well.
    I'd like to give you feedback.
    • There is a Connect button. Would be good to have a Disconnect one.
    • An Apply button would be good too, to be sure that every thing is OK. I know that it's a placebo, but it gives more confidence.
    • It Would be good to have a way to relate the instance of your program with the server. I know that it's the UID, but it's not very straightforward. In our case we can have 4 instances running at the same time and it's easy to choose the wrong instance. It would be good to have a label with the path, or a descriptive label that could be stored, or something else.
    • I don't understand the Rain by accum checkbox, could you explain it please?
    • Is it possible to limit the amount of water on track?
    • I've seen that the track temperature is always 29ºC. It sounds to me that it's a limitation of the rFInternals plugin, and this parameter is read only. Is this correct? And if it's not read only could it be implemented?
    Thank you very much for your work.

SPASKIS likes this.
  5. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

a) close the program
    b) for manual, there is. For WU, it applies for next update
    c) this program uses a single direction com (The TV control I wrote later on request uses a bidirectional). So it was not possible to get a query from the server. Maybe in future, but as the whole plugin interface is probably to be changed due to new overlay technics, it is not worth at the moment to spent much time. However I could take the comm of the tv. ..
    d) s. readme.txt
    e) NO. The plugin interface to rf2 is very limited. I think there is a simple mechanism of equillibrium calculation in rf2, that means the more wetness is allready on the track, the slower it builds up more. But you will notice a difference only for low rain levels. I may be wrong but imo there is no simulation of wind or rel. humidity calculation depending on temperature, not even sunshine or not. The track will dry very fast as soon as some cars go along the very same way I think. The problem is: If you set a very low rain level that you reach only 80% wetness maybe, driving with 20 cars will dry the ideal line completly as the cars dry it faster than wetness builds up! Of course you could think about a auto calculation, you know query the minimum wetness and tune the rain in a way you end up around a certain value. But as you know minimum wetness happens for quite a lot of tracks somewhere below a bridge and for that reason it is constant zero, so it would fail and the loop would end with a rain rate result that was last seen by Noah some time ago :)
    f) known issue of rf2. No influence. Imo it wouldn´t have been so difficult to implement in the past a simple model for heat in and heat out of the track, resulting in an auto-adjustment of track temperature depending on ambient temp, sunshine, sun position (location of track, time, cloudiness..). Puddles were more important. For the showcase...

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  6. lagg

lagg Registered

7. lagg

lagg Registered

Hi @Stefan_L_01
    We use several instances of your program, in different directories, with different WU Keys, and we store the config.
    When we open an instance, it loads the latest stored data, regardless of the instance that saved the config.
    Is it possible to store the config of several rf2WeatherClient.exe?
    Thank you.

8. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Ok I understand. I think I will change storage to xml files nearby the application (where the application will need write access btw...)

9. lagg

lagg Registered

Thank you very much. :)

10. Felipe Granado

Felipe Granado Registered

Hello!

Your work with this plugin was excellent! Congratulations! We are grateful for your ability!

I wanted to try to help in some way, but I do not know how ...

On the question of the runway temperature, could not I try a formula that multiplies the ambient temperature with the level of rubber of the track and thus generate a new temperature? (Assuming the initial runway temperature is the same as the ambient temperature).

It may seem strange, but just being able to vary the track temperature will already be an absurd gain of temperature simulation in the sim.

May your work be enlightened and good surprises ahead!

You can count on what you need!

11. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

You can not set the Track temperature by the plugin Interface of rf2! And imo it does not make sense because it is a result of Environment condition. But rf2 does not care about it, that is the problem

Btw., afaik Every plugin uses the internalsplugin Interface which is public (cam tools, telemetry, weather, scoring..) , so feel free to find it and have a look

12. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

ok try the V1.5. You must check the xml option in the program, because I did not want to get rid of the registry - makes things for me more easy when I start different exe from differnt places.
    !!!! It will only work if you have the client exe multiple times in different folders, so the xml is saved there without overwriting the same xml of other running instances !!!!!
    If the xml is found at startup, it is taken and xml saving is activated automatically again. If not the reg is parsed and saving settings to xml is turned off, but you can enable it by the check in the form again.

13. lagg

lagg Registered

Thank you very much @Stefan_L_01
    I'll try and give you feedback

14. lagg

lagg Registered

Hi @Stefan_L_01
    The client (in different folders) is working well and stores the config in the XML files correctly.

Corti likes this.
  15. mermoid

mermoid Registered

Is there any way to find out the UID other than CustomPluginVariables? The program works fine for me but the plugin isn't actually listed in CustomPluginVariables :S

Nvm - sorted with vc redist

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  16. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I added an autoconnect option. Server restart does not require manual reconnection.
    BR
    P.S. 1.6.1 due to client issue

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  17. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

V1.7 - better WU behaviour and other

yashiman, Corti, Badboy and 1 other person like this.
  18. wacha90

wacha90 Registered

Thanks Stefan. Great work!

19. Jera

Jera Registered

Hi Stefan, amazing work! But Wunderground is now not offering free access to its api? Do you have any plans to update the plugin to support another systems api so that plugin would continue to function?

I know people who already have an api are supposedly going to have theirs continue to work, but new people cannot access.

Thanks!

20. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Well, i got an API some months ago when it was possible, but is no longer working. Only way to use the plugin now is manually as far i know, sadly.