Triple Screen Question - No nVidia Surround

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by ramiboo, May 11, 2018.

1. ramiboo

ramiboo Registered

So trying to get my rig up and going with rF2. I try to avoid using nVidia Surround as Windows 10 like to not work well with it. Is there a way of setting MultiView up without using Surround?

I have 4 Monitors attached to the PC. 3 x 27" 1440p 144hz Dell's all on display ports and 1 AOC 1080p above the centre monitor on an HDMI. My GPU is a 1080ti

The Video Config has the MultiView tick box greyed out. I've tried disabling the 4th monitor (1080p) and restarting but I still cannot select MultiView.

I also went into the DX11 Config file and saw a Custom Res line in there and the triple monitor measurements, so I filled that lot out, but it didn't seem to do anything, or give me any more resolutions to choose from.

Any Help is greatly appreciated as I'd like to be able to et involved in rF2 at some point.

I'm also thinking of downgrading to Windows 7 on the off chance that it improves things. Sad I know.

2. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    What issues do you have with win 10 and nivida surround.

I have tripples and win 10 and a nivida surround running and I am it works just fine.

Ruben

patchedupdemon and Louis like this.
  3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Nvidia Surround is working just fine with Windows 10 64bit and 1080Ti.

4. Emery

Emery Registered

Win 10 64 bit, GTX 1080, triple 1080p, and nVidia Surround is working very well.

As far as I know, you must use Surround to get multiview in rF2. I think pCARS 2 is the only one which doesn't have that restriction?

5. ramiboo

ramiboo Registered

My main gripe with Surround is the task bar. It just never stays put, for some reason it's always wandered back to the monitor where the game is primary on, I want it to stay on my 4th monitor so when I run games I can still get to things. A side effect of this, is when the taskbar moves it moves to the surround desktop and half the time gets confused and shows across all 3 monitors put the start button to the full left. Not to mention the desktop icons are then scattered all over the place.

I also stopped running games in Full screen as I was getting too many weird issues where the game would drop out of Full screen because the focus was lost. Not sure if that is still happening.

The only sim that I can get working as separate monitors in triple mode with all the angles correct is iRacing. I really thought rFactor would be another one as it's such a PC centric sim that it might have worked through these PC specific issues.

Oh well, Maybe I'll see if Classic Shell works in the latest release of Win 10. and keeps the task bar put. Thanks for your feedback.

6. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Nv surround working correct here with the angles etc,but since the latest windows build my taskbar has started to move to the top of my left screen when I first boot windows,I have to unlock it and place it where I want it everytime,it then stays out until I next boot the pc,desktop icons don’t move but they used to.

7. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Afaik nv surround doesn’t allow for mutionotor setups of different resolutions
    Instead of disabling your fourth monitor try unplugging it from your gpu see if that helps

8. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    The taskbar moving around (as I thought) is a Windows 10 problem.
    For me every time there is a w10 update the taskbar goes up to the top left and will not move.
    After reboot it goes back to the bottom left.
    Desktop Icons are never afected.

Ruben